Jump to content
kevinc855

SHAME on Jet fans

Recommended Posts

Just now, Maxman said:

How do you know what that smells like? Weird.

Old musty boat was what I said. Read the original post. :D Im trying my best to shake off that garbage poster rap you pinned on me...so I will remain silent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
8 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

LOL. It's a 15 yard penalty for hurting your opponent's feelings, but piss of half the paying fans by kneeling during the Anthem and you have ownership and the NFL's 100% support.

Didn't even hurt his feelings, they both laughed. The ref pretty much decided the game for everyone. What an a$$hole.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But back to this topic..

I'm a true Jets fan through and through and have put up with this garbage my whole life.

 

we have a different outlook on what the team should do. I think shaming anyone or questioning their fandom because they don't have the same opinion as you is belittling and over the top. Some want to win for reasons. Some want to lose for reasons. But I think the driving force for both reasons has good intentions in the end. We all just want success for the Jets whether it be long term or this season or all together. I'm just saying. It hits a nerve or even hurts me when someone questions my fandom for wanting Darnold or Rosen knowing we can still develop players and go along our merry way losing. We don't want the team to look god awful but we recognize what it will take to sustain long term success...the QB position. I hope this young core plays lights out but that doesn't mean i lose sight of what needs to eventually be done and that's draft Rosen/Darnold. You tell me a time where the Jets picked up a Prescott or Wilson? We need the surest thing or this will keep happening. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Old musty boat was what I said. Read the original post. :D Im trying my best to shake off that garbage poster rap you pinned on me...so I will remain silent. 

Who are you, and what have you done with joewilly12?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jets fans are free to express their fandom anyway they choose - this is entertainment and should not define anyone, sounds like everyone at the stadium enjoyed the win, I am sure plenty enjoyed it at home or at the bar, no shame in that

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Jets fans are free to express their fandom anyway they choose - this is entertainment and should not define anyone, sounds like everyone at the stadium enjoyed the win, I am sure plenty enjoyed it at home or at the bar, no shame in that

 

As part of the tank crowd..I may have been a little upset but I was VERY proud. Very dominate win and from my tv I could hear the crowd erupt on that Anderson TD. Gave me chill bumps. We were ******* awesome Sunday. But I still need us to get that franchise QB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

@SAR I Not looking to start an argument but the MEZZ seats in the hot sun smell like an old musty boat do you ever notice this. 

If I was to buy in this would be my first complaint. 

metlife-stadium-section-232-a-view.jpg

232A is always in the shade so I wouldn't know. 

The benefit of Day 1 seniority and a lot of research.

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

metlife-stadium-section-232-a-view.jpg

232A is always in the shade so I wouldn't know. 

The benefit of Day 1 seniority and a lot of research.

SAR I

Ok thanks I was just asking not looking to rile anyone up or start a conspiracy.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Old musty boat was what I said. Read the original post. :D Im trying my best to shake off that garbage poster rap you pinned on me...so I will remain silent. 

Damn auto-correct, my bad.

The climb out of the garbage poster label is a long one. It is a tough one. It can be done. @Thor99 did it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Warfish said:

The Jets have the worst fanbase in the NFL, representing one of the worst sports cities in the NFL.

New York pride (I'd call it ego) is wildly misplaced.

New York is defined by front runner fans who generally have better thing to do (they'll tell you) than actually root for their team.

Get off of my lawn !!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, SAR I said:

Yes. 

With tickets as low as $35 and flights to New Jersey from anywhere in the country as low as $175, if you felt this passionately about cheering on the Jets you should have gotten your lazy ass to MetLife Stadium for the home opener. 

SAR I

Why would anybody waste their good , hard earned money , get on a flight , to see this bunch of misfit toys ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

@SAR I Not looking to start an argument but the MEZZ seats in the hot sun smell like an old musty boat do you ever notice this. 

If I was to buy in this would be my first complaint. 

The whole parking lot smelled like a sewer on Sunday morning ; AH , the smell of rotting , sun-baked sewage early on a Sunday morning !!!!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Maxman said:

Damn auto-correct, my bad.

The climb out of the garbage poster label is a long one. It is a tough one. It can be done. @Thor99 did it.

All it took was to climb into bed with you. 

Pretty easy, actually. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Man, determining which way the sun would shine must have taken forever.

15419627.jpg

You laugh, but at the moment we needed to commit to our seating locations for the next 30 years and write the PSL checks in spring 2009, we had very few details on shady/sunny sides as a go-by.

It was this shot that was the key to the whole question and broke open the investigation, looks to have been taken right around 1:00 or 2:00.  What took some time (and ultimately me asking the Jets ticket office) was to find out which of the 4 sponsored corners in the new stadium was the one with the wee bit of shade.  Verizon here we come.

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Super Bowl before I die said:

Why would anybody waste their good , hard earned money , get on a flight , to see this bunch of misfit toys ?

I don't know, why would anyone create a thread entitled "SHAME on Jets Fans" criticizing said team of misfit toys?

Hey, go ahead, create a thread calling out Jets fans who actually made the trek to the stadium on a blisteringly hot day to see what most thought was going to be an embarrassing loss.  But only do that if you yourself were also at the game.  That was my point to the OP.  TV fans have a lot of nerve questioning the integrity of those who actually made an effort on Sunday while they ate stale pretzels on an air conditioned couch.

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Super Bowl before I die said:

This is what's wrong with today's football fan ; their tickets are treated like a commodity , not as a hobby . NEVER SELL TO VISITING FANS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feel free to pay me $575 for my 4 tickets to this Sunday's game against the Jaguars.  Then you can prevent a visiting fan from our stadium by going to the game yourself or throwing them in the trash.  Want to PM me your Paypal information?  Thought so. 

The day that you write a check to the Jets for $5,750 for my season tickets each April is the day that you can tell me what to do with them.  Until then, keep your opinions of how others manage their finances to yourself.

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Super Bowl before I die said:

And you will be freezing your ass off in November and December buddy .

I can count on 1 hand the amount of sub-32 degree frigid games I've attended in November (zero) and December (3) in the last 15 years.

I can count on all fingers and some toes the amount of plus-80 degree sweltering hot games I've attended in September (12) in the last 15 years.

New York weather, for reasons I can't explain, has been warmer these past 15 years than they've been in the years prior.  You usually don't need a jacket at a game until late October.  I've worn hoodies or only lightweight jackets in December.

The sun at an NFL game is bad, there is no good in it.  It's in your face and you have to squint to see the game, it's on your body burning your skin and making you sweat.  I can put on a hat and gloves in the shade in December.  You can't take off a t-shirt and shorts in September.

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Super Bowl before I die said:

This is what's wrong with today's football fan ; their tickets are treated like a commodity , not as a hobby . NEVER SELL TO VISITING FANS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Next time I don't want to go to a game, I will call on you to buy my tickets. Otherwise they go to the first guy to buy them on stub hub. Warning: it will probably be an opposing fan. But you get 1st dibbs. If you don't buy them at my stub hub price, then that's your choice and you can shut your pie hole about where the tickets wind up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SAR I said:

I don't know, why would anyone create a thread entitled "SHAME on Jets Fans" criticizing said team of misfit toys?

Hey, go ahead, create a thread calling out Jets fans who actually made the trek to the stadium on a blisteringly hot day to see what most thought was going to be an embarrassing loss.  But only do that if you yourself were also at the game.  That was my point to the OP.  TV fans have a lot of nerve questioning the integrity of those who actually made an effort on Sunday while they ate stale pretzels on an air conditioned couch.

SAR I

Didn't you sell your tickets to Dolphins fans and skip the game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Didn't you sell your tickets to Dolphins fans and skip the game?

I sold my tickets because I could not go to back to back home games due to family  commitments.  I'll be at the Jaguars game on Sunday. 

StubHub does not tell the seller who actually purchased the tickets, so there is no way to know if my $150 seats that sold for $99 each went to Jets fans or Dolphins fans.

I'd like to think my tickets went to Jets fans seeing that there are 20 million people in the New York metropolitan area and they were priced very fairly, but Jets fans are notoriously cheap, they won't even get season tickets without PSL's on them even though there are 27,000 such seats in the stadium.  

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Super Bowl before I die said:

This is what's wrong with today's football fan ; their tickets are treated like a commodity , not as a hobby . NEVER SELL TO VISITING FANS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL... This guy respawns every few months with a new name to whine about SAR I's posts and finances.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SAR I said:

15419627.jpg

You laugh, but at the moment we needed to commit to our seating locations for the next 30 years and write the PSL checks in spring 2009, we had very few details on shady/sunny sides as a go-by.

It was this shot that was the key to the whole question and broke open the investigation, looks to have been taken right around 1:00 or 2:00.  What took some time (and ultimately me asking the Jets ticket office) was to find out which of the 4 sponsored corners in the new stadium was the one with the wee bit of shade.  Verizon here we come.

SAR I

String Theory confuses me sir, I'm going to need you to speak less scientific please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×