Defense showed up after 2+ years?

Jetmech

I would enjoy watching the defense play well all season. This may be the best the defense has looked since Bowles/Kacy have been here so that's the question. In two+ years the defense played well in one game?

I'm dumbfounded they have been nondescript for that long with a talented DL.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, Jetmech said:

I would enjoy watching the defense play well all season. This may be the best the defense has looked since Bowles/Kacy have been here so that's the question. In two+ years the defense played well in one game?

It's still dumbfounded they have been nondescript for that long with a talented DL.

I'm still skeptical, I need to see it again because this could have been one of those Jay Cutler being the dufus not interested games with a hurt Ajayi, but it was sure refreshing to see either way, hopefully they can continue to not only play at that level, but improve on it.

I'm still skeptical, I need to see it again because this could have been one of those Jay Cutler being the dufus not interested games with a hurt Ajayi, but it was sure refreshing to see either way, hopefully they can continue to not only play at that level, but improve on it.

I agree but there is a case the the DL has sucked with good players that long. It's inexcusable!

3 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

They actually stopped the run which was nice to see and Cutler was abysmal. That is actually the way this defense is expected to perform with all the recent top draft picks. We will see if it continues against Jacksonville who put up 44 on Baltimore. 

I think they have a decent shot of showing well again next week.  Jacksonville is not exactly a dynamic passing attack, especially without Robinson.  Marcedes Lewis? Bortles can be good, but he is not particulary scary.  Baltimore looked like they never got off the plane to London and some of those points were off turnovers and a fake punt up over 30. Fournette is the type of power runner they traditionally do well against.  I am much more worried about our offense against their D. 

33 minutes ago, Jetmech said:

You seriously believe the defense has only played well in one game out 35?

I need to wait to see some more in-depth analysis of what they did.

To my untrained eye it looks  like they actually made some honest-to-goodness adjustments out there... Which I think we've kind of been waiting for since TB started. It's always been my biggest criticism of him. He gets stuck and stubborn in his ways.

But yesterday we actually saw some different things. They completely out coached the Dolphins... 

But again, I want to actually see more about it. Eventually someone will post a better and smarter look at the overall game plan and I'll have a better idea.

14 minutes ago, DMan77 said:

I need to wait to see some more in-depth analysis of what they did.

To my untrained eye it looks  like they actually made some honest-to-goodness adjustments out there... Which I think we've kind of been waiting for since TB started. It's always been my biggest criticism of him. He gets stuck and stubborn in his ways.

But yesterday we actually saw some different things. They completely out coached the Dolphins... 

But again, I want to actually see more about it. Eventually someone will post a better and smarter look at the overall game plan and I'll have a better idea.

Do you really believe bowless and the coaching staff don't make adjustments? Just because fans on here scream about this all the time does not make it true. Fact is every staff on every team makes adjustments. It just comes down to winning and losing. You lose, no adjustments and players have no heart and effort. You win players played with heart and coaches made adjustments. 

2 minutes ago, RESNewYork said:

Do you really believe bowless and the coaching staff don't make adjustments? Just because fans on here scream about this all the time does not make it true. Fact is every staff on every team makes adjustments. It just comes down to winning and losing. You lose, no adjustments and players have no heart and effort. You win players played with heart and coaches made adjustments. 

I see your point of view, and yes adjustments are always made... But I still think TB is stubborn... I think he has a habit of playing guys out of position to try and get some versatility out of them and sticks with the experiment too long.

Even the last couple games, it felt like he had Lee lined up to cover a couple of the gaps by himself. We all piled on Lee for getting tossed around but it sort of felt like he shouldn't have been the only one there. 

So that's the kind of thing I'm looking for. Did they change their approach in a new way that finally clicked? 

1 hour ago, RESNewYork said:

davis and adams had really good games.  and who's this brooks guy?  what a nice play on the fake punt.  if they get a few guys making plays the others start chipping in.  success feeds on itself.  and when mccown threw that pass to anderson you could almost sense the game was over.  and imagine that dozier was actually playing okay.

3 minutes ago, rangerous said:

davis and adams had really good games.  and who's this brooks guy?  what a nice play on the fake punt.  if they get a few guys making plays the others start chipping in.  success feeds on itself.  and when mccown threw that pass to anderson you could almost sense the game was over.  and imagine that dozier was actually playing okay.

Davis,Adams and Brooks BEAST MODE yesterday 

Brooks came over from Philly McDougle trade. 

FO had us as 5th in total defense in 2015. You people have brain parasites.
Yeah and during that 2015 season the big plays that plagued them to 10-6 and losing to the Bills you saw all last season and into this season.

Had to be the most deceiving stat considering the results...

4 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

While I share this trepidation, I would also point out that in the past the Jets defense probably wouldn't have taken advantage of this - even if it were the case - so even if this had a lot to do with the Dolphins laying an egg, the Jets jumped on it. That's nice to see. We usually play the level of the opponent.

4 hours ago, Jetmech said:

I wouldn't get too excited. Jets/Dolphins games have traditionally defied logic over the years. The Jets are still a terrible team. This could be the only win they get this season

6 hours ago, Jetmech said:

Ummm this is an inaccurate post in some respects, the Jets defense was a top 7 in yer one Bowles but folks discount it because we had "an easy" schedule.

The idea that the Jets defense hasn't ever played well in two years under Bowles is factually untrue and one wonders what would have happened last year to the defense if Revis had not played like a 90 year old man.

1 hour ago, Jetmech said:

Yeah and during that 2015 season the big plays that plagued them to 10-6 and losing to the Bills you saw all last season and into this season.

Had to be the most deceiving stat considering the results...

Ummm it wasn't the defense that cost us the Bills game!!

Come on Now... Fitz pick Magic lost us that game; to suggest otherwise is simply being disingenuous.

Archived