Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Jetmech

Defense showed up after 2+ years?

Recommended Posts

I would enjoy watching the defense play well all season. This may be the best the defense has looked since Bowles/Kacy have been here so that's the question. In two+ years the defense played well in one game?
 
I'm dumbfounded they have been nondescript for that long with a talented DL.
 
 
 
Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
 
 


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
6 minutes ago, Jetmech said:

 

I would enjoy watching the defense play well all season. This may be the best the defense has looked since Bowles/Kacy have been here so that's the question. In two+ years the defense played well in one game?

 

It's still dumbfounded they have been nondescript for that long with a talented DL.

 

 

 

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

 

 

 

I'm still skeptical, I need to see it again because this could have been one of those Jay Cutler being the dufus not interested games with a hurt Ajayi, but it was sure refreshing to see either way, hopefully they can continue to not only play at that level, but improve on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I'm still skeptical, I need to see it again because this could have been one of those Jay Cutler being the dufus not interested games with a hurt Ajayi, but it was sure refreshing to see either way, hopefully they can continue to not only play at that level, but improve on it.

I agree but there is a case the the DL has sucked with good players that long. It's inexcusable!

 

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They actually stopped the run which was nice to see and Cutler was abysmal. That is actually the way this defense is expected to perform with all the recent top draft picks. We will see if it continues against Jacksonville who put up 44 on Baltimore. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

They actually stopped the run which was nice to see and Cutler was abysmal. That is actually the way this defense is expected to perform with all the recent top draft picks. We will see if it continues against Jacksonville who put up 44 on Baltimore. 

I think they have a decent shot of showing well again next week.  Jacksonville is not exactly a dynamic passing attack, especially without Robinson.  Marcedes Lewis? Bortles can be good, but he is not particulary scary.  Baltimore looked like they never got off the plane to London and some of those points were off turnovers and a fake punt up over 30. Fournette is the type of power runner they traditionally do well against.  I am much more worried about our offense against their D. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Jetmech said:

I would enjoy watching the defense play well all season. This may be the best the defense has looked since Bowles/Kacy have been here so that's the question. In two+ years the defense played well in one game?
 
I'm dumbfounded they have been nondescript for that long with a talented DL.
 
 
 
Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
 
 

 

You seriously believe the defense has only played well in one game out 35?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I need to wait to see some more in-depth analysis of what they did.

To my untrained eye it looks  like they actually made some honest-to-goodness adjustments out there... Which I think we've kind of been waiting for since TB started. It's always been my biggest criticism of him. He gets stuck and stubborn in his ways.

But yesterday we actually saw some different things. They completely out coached the Dolphins... 

But again, I want to actually see more about it. Eventually someone will post a better and smarter look at the overall game plan and I'll have a better idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, DMan77 said:

I need to wait to see some more in-depth analysis of what they did.

To my untrained eye it looks  like they actually made some honest-to-goodness adjustments out there... Which I think we've kind of been waiting for since TB started. It's always been my biggest criticism of him. He gets stuck and stubborn in his ways.

But yesterday we actually saw some different things. They completely out coached the Dolphins... 

But again, I want to actually see more about it. Eventually someone will post a better and smarter look at the overall game plan and I'll have a better idea.

Do you really believe bowless and the coaching staff don't make adjustments? Just because fans on here scream about this all the time does not make it true. Fact is every staff on every team makes adjustments. It just comes down to winning and losing. You lose, no adjustments and players have no heart and effort. You win players played with heart and coaches made adjustments. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RESNewYork said:

Do you really believe bowless and the coaching staff don't make adjustments? Just because fans on here scream about this all the time does not make it true. Fact is every staff on every team makes adjustments. It just comes down to winning and losing. You lose, no adjustments and players have no heart and effort. You win players played with heart and coaches made adjustments. 

I see your point of view, and yes adjustments are always made... But I still think TB is stubborn... I think he has a habit of playing guys out of position to try and get some versatility out of them and sticks with the experiment too long.

Even the last couple games, it felt like he had Lee lined up to cover a couple of the gaps by himself. We all piled on Lee for getting tossed around but it sort of felt like he shouldn't have been the only one there. 

So that's the kind of thing I'm looking for. Did they change their approach in a new way that finally clicked? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RESNewYork said:

Do you really believe bowless and the coaching staff don't make adjustments? Just because fans on here scream about this all the time does not make it true. Fact is every staff on every team makes adjustments. It just comes down to winning and losing. You lose, no adjustments and players have no heart and effort. You win players played with heart and coaches made adjustments. 

davis and adams had really good games.  and who's this brooks guy?  what a nice play on the fake punt.  if they get a few guys making plays the others start chipping in.  success feeds on itself.  and when mccown threw that pass to anderson you could almost sense the game was over.  and imagine that dozier was actually playing okay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, rangerous said:

davis and adams had really good games.  and who's this brooks guy?  what a nice play on the fake punt.  if they get a few guys making plays the others start chipping in.  success feeds on itself.  and when mccown threw that pass to anderson you could almost sense the game was over.  and imagine that dozier was actually playing okay.

Davis,Adams and Brooks BEAST MODE yesterday 

Brooks came over from Philly McDougle trade. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FO had us as 5th in total defense in 2015. You people have brain parasites.
Yeah and during that 2015 season the big plays that plagued them to 10-6 and losing to the Bills you saw all last season and into this season.

Had to be the most deceiving stat considering the results...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

I'm still skeptical, I need to see it again because this could have been one of those Jay Cutler being the dufus not interested games with a hurt Ajayi, but it was sure refreshing to see either way, hopefully they can continue to not only play at that level, but improve on it.

While I share this trepidation, I would also point out that in the past the Jets defense probably wouldn't have taken advantage of this - even if it were the case - so even if this had a lot to do with the Dolphins laying an egg, the Jets jumped on it. That's nice to see. We usually play the level of the opponent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jetmech said:

I would enjoy watching the defense play well all season. This may be the best the defense has looked since Bowles/Kacy have been here so that's the question. In two+ years the defense played well in one game?
 
I'm dumbfounded they have been nondescript for that long with a talented DL.
 
 
 
Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
 
 

 

I wouldn't get too excited. Jets/Dolphins games have traditionally defied logic over the years. The Jets are still a terrible team. This could be the only win they get this season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I wouldn't get too excited. Jets/Dolphins games have traditionally defied logic over the years. The Jets are still a terrible team. This could be the only win they get this season
Trust me I'm not....

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The defense may have had some ok games last year.  They were generally good in 2015.

So at best (or worst) its a year and change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jetmech said:

I would enjoy watching the defense play well all season. This may be the best the defense has looked since Bowles/Kacy have been here so that's the question. In two+ years the defense played well in one game?
 
I'm dumbfounded they have been nondescript for that long with a talented DL.
 
 
 
Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
 
 

 

Ummm this is an inaccurate post in some respects, the Jets defense was a top 7 in yer one Bowles but folks discount it because we had "an easy" schedule.

The idea that the Jets defense hasn't ever played well in two years under Bowles is factually untrue and one wonders what would have happened last year to the defense if Revis had not played like a 90 year old man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jetmech said:

Yeah and during that 2015 season the big plays that plagued them to 10-6 and losing to the Bills you saw all last season and into this season.

Had to be the most deceiving stat considering the results...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
 

Ummm it wasn't the defense that cost us the Bills game!!

Come on Now... Fitz pick Magic lost us that game; to suggest otherwise is simply being disingenuous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×