Sign in to follow this  
BROOKLYN JET

Hard or Genoa?

Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.

I don't believe I've ever had genoa, but I do like hard salami. The difference is the pork/beef ratio, correct? I don't live anywhere near a good deli, so I'm meat-oppressed. 

@The Crusher  probably has an opinion on this topic. 

1 hour ago, Bombdirt said:

I don't believe I've ever had genoa, but I do like hard salami. The difference is the pork/beef ratio, correct? I don't live anywhere near a good deli, so I'm meat-oppressed. 

My favorites are Soppressata and Capocollo. I like the texture and the way it blends with a good sharp provolone cheese. Get some good Italian bread plus a pleasant seltzer and you good man. 

1 hour ago, Bombdirt said:

Hard salami is drier than Genoa salami, which also makes it harder. Hard salami, if properly made, has a long shelf life and can be kept unrefrigerated. ... Genoa salami typically only uses black peppercorns while hard salamis can contain other herbs, spices, and even wine.

@The Crusher Good call, Soppressata is king.

20 hours ago, Maxman said:

Hey welcome back. How long do you think it will last before you get bored and implode again? Hopefully not, but I guess time will tell. :)

Thanks, you can rename me BANNED JET if you want. ☺

Capicola, Soppressata, Mortadella and Provolone Cheese on a softish Sub Roll, mayo, lettuce, tomato, onion, pickle.  Heaven.

Alternative selection:  Mortadella, Genoa Salami, Pepperoni, Capicola and Provolone Cheese.

Happily it's not like it used to be, you CAN get good Deli meats down here in Swampistan.

On 9/27/2017 at 9:24 AM, BallinPB said:

http://lohud.us/2vQd03W

Place by me that makes italian combo with all imported meats.

Love that place

Although for a straight up  pizzeria/ basic Italian in that area I prefer Mr Crispy....