### Jets \ Jaguars -- (Let's Get to .500) Game Thread ###

Maxman

The Jets are home and will take on the Jacksonville Jaguars on Sunday. A win puts them at 2 and 2 and will quiet the talk for now of a lost season.

Let's go Jets! 

Reminder: This is a Jets site, so we root for the Jets to win. If you have other feelings on the game that is up to you. But the game thread isn't the place for them.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, southtown24th said:

Same guy.  Same outlook.  Need a franchise QB and I ain't rooting for no wins until we get one.

Well that is great. I am going to give you one more chance before I have to delete posts again.

Root for the Jets to lose in your head if you want. Discuss it in one of the tank threads. But if you do it in this thread again, you will be banned.

This is a Jets site. Tomorrow isn't promised to anybody. So anyone who wants the Jets to lose so something else could happen in 2018, that is great. Good luck to you. Me? All I have is today, so I am rooting for the Jets to win.

I hope this clears it up.

Regardless of the potential long-term implications, there is nothing that can ever get me to root against the Jets on game day.  I want nothing more to see the Jets tear the Jags apart for all 60 minutes.

The Jets are also in a pretty good position based solely on the schedule.  Jets have their second consecutive home game while the Jags are going from London to a road game.  I remember in the earlier days of games across the pond, teams always had their bye immediately after.  We'll see what kind of impact it has tomorrow (or I guess, later today), but as much as it will be used as an excuse if the Jets win, I'll still take it.

22 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Well that is great. I am going to give you one more chance before I have to delete posts again.

Root for the Jets to lose in your head if you want. Discuss it in one of the tank threads. But if you do it in this thread again, you will be banned.

This is a Jets site. Tomorrow isn't promised to anybody. So anyone who wants the Jets to lose so something else could happen in 2018, that is great. Good luck to you. Me? All I have is today, so I am rooting for the Jets to win.

I hope this clears it up.

That's cute and awfully childish for an adult? You are an adult right? Feeling a bit confused.  I would not count "being banned from a Jets message board" amongst my life's greatest achievements next to...well...my life's greatest achievements (of which there are a few...just ask and I will furnish upon request).  If you or anyone else on here can't handle A LONG TIME, 29 YEAR SEASON TICKET HOLDER (1988-2017...Section 308 in GS, Section 206A in MLS--My Father finally bailed this year, thank God, he stopped throwing money DIRECTLY down the toilet) speaking his mind about the long-term health of this franchise and a plan for sustainable franchise success going forward, then I might as well not waste any more breath...perhaps? With that being said, since we're all "adults" here, I would hate to bother with anyone or anything that devoid of the ability to listen to and/or find some level of value in diverse opinions...specifically opinions different than your own.  That approach to board moderation seems like true censorship and seems to be an awfully familiar sentiment considering the current political environment and the folks at the helm around these parts.  If you can't handle diverse opinions and you feel the need to censor out/away folks speaking their mind in a way that does not coincide with how you see things, you do whatever you have to do...Won't be the end of my world/life either, that I can tell you...I will still be waking up to 75 and sunny weather all "winter" long and I will STILL loudly and vocally root AGAINST the NY  "EFFING" Jets so that I can FINALLY see long-term, sustainable success for the NFL franchise that I LOVE...finally...some day...if we get a Quarterback...

Lastly, this is an internet message board, not an elementary school. This is solely designed for FUN and BANTER. I do this for fun...and for banter. I imagine you might, too?  Or perhaps this is a whole lot more serious for you? If so, I am sorry for you.  (I have a great therapist I can refer you to) If you need to act in a manner that seems awfully callow, then you do whatever you have to do. That's just fine.  The "issue" of people voicing diverse opinions seems to be weighing heavily on you and your "life" and I can tell you, my life is much bigger and more broad-reaching than this franchise and this message board--if that's not the case in your own life, then I feel poorly for you...

With that being said, I will gladly avoid the extra special game day threads so as to not ruffle any feathers...

24 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

That's cute and awfully childish for an adult? You are an adult right? Feeling a bit confused.  I would not count "being banned from a Jets message board" amongst my life's greatest achievements next to...well...my life's greatest achievements (of which there are a few...just ask and I will furnish upon request).  If you or anyone else on here can't handle A LONG TIME, 29 YEAR SEASON TICKET HOLDER (1988-2017...Section 308 in GS, Section 206A in MLS--My Father finally bailed this year, thank God, he stopped throwing money DIRECTLY down the toilet) speaking his mind about the long-term health of this franchise and a plan for sustainable franchise success going forward, then I might as well not waste any more breath...perhaps? With that being said, since we're all "adults" here, I would hate to bother with anyone or anything that devoid of the ability to listen to and/or find some level of value in diverse opinions...specifically opinions different than your own.  That approach to board moderation seems like true censorship and seems to be an awfully familiar sentiment considering the current political environment and the folks at the helm around these parts.  If you can't handle diverse opinions and you feel the need to censor out/away folks speaking their mind in a way that does not coincide with how you see things, you do whatever you have to do...Won't be the end of my world/life either, that I can tell you...I will still be waking up to 75 and sunny weather all "winter" long and I will STILL loudly and vocally root AGAINST the NY  "EFFING" Jets so that I can FINALLY see long-term, sustainable success for the NFL franchise that I LOVE...finally...some day...if we get a Quarterback...

Lastly, this is an internet message board, not an elementary school. This is solely designed for FUN and BANTER. I do this for fun...and for banter. I imagine you might, too?  Or perhaps this is a whole lot more serious for you? If so, I am sorry for you.  (I have a great therapist I can refer you to) If you need to act in a manner that seems awfully callow, then you do whatever you have to do. That's just fine.  The "issue" of people voicing diverse opinions seems to be weighing heavily on you and your "life" and I can tell you, my life is much bigger and more broad-reaching than this franchise and this message board--if that's not the case in your own life, then I feel poorly for you...

With that being said, I will gladly avoid the extra special game day threads so as to not ruffle any feathers...

The irony.

Personally attacking the owner of the forum and acting like a jerk because you're upset over something none of us have control over.

Bold strategy cotton.

BxvQPxa.gif

29 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

I got rid of your post. I got rid of all your posts in this thread rooting for the Jets to lose. I have a long history of not censoring anyone. You don't build one of the largest football fan sites by censoring people.

I will repeat it one last time for everyone else. 

The game thread is for Jets fans who want the Jets to win. If you are a Patriots fan, you have never been allowed in here during the game. Same goes for Jets fans that are for whatever reason rooting for a loss. Plenty of other places for that stuff. Not this thread.

Go Jets.

Just now, Maxman said:

I got rid of your post. I got rid of all your posts in this thread rooting for the Jets to lose. I have a long history of not censoring anyone. You don't build one of the largest football fan sites by censoring people.

I will repeat it one last time for everyone else. 

The game thread is for Jets fans who want the Jets to win. If you are a Patriots fan, you have never been allowed in here during the game. Same goes for Jets fans that are for whatever reason rooting for a loss. Plenty of other places for that stuff. Not this thread.

Go Jets.

Cheers.  Appreciate you allowing me to voice my opinion...and putting up with me. You have my word: no nonsense in the game day threads.

Enjoy the game tomorrow. You have my respect.

33 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

I ended up not deleting any of your posts. You said you would avoid this thread, so I will take it at that. And I will let this post speak for itself.

Thanks for letting me know this wasn't an elementary school. I appreciate the heads up. No thanks on the therapist though, I am glad you are getting counseling. Best of luck.

2 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

Cheers.  Appreciate you allowing me to voice my opinion...and putting up with me. You have my word: no nonsense in the game day threads.

Enjoy the game tomorrow. You have my respect.

Thanks.

The Jags are talented (yes yes really).  They are a legitimate dark horse playoff candidates.  They have a really good defense and while they've had some injury problems, their overall front lines are better than ours on both sides of the ball.  The good news is they have lost most of their home run capacity with Allen Robinson out, so this is going to be a grind athon and thus a winnable game.

Anyone have any interesting menus for their tailgate?

I just finished prepping Cajun Catfish and Jerk Red Snapper Filets with Paprika-ed Corn on the cob. Also Grilling Red & Italian peppers, onions, and shiitake mushrooms in a sweet soy ginger marinade.

Should be a sunny & crisp 60 degree morning and a PERFECT 72 degrees by 1pm kickoff.  

Should be a gReAT tailgate:D

I'm excited to see Leonard Fournette and Jalen Ramsey live. Really, the entirety of the Jags' young defense should be interesting to see due to the amount of talent they have at key positions.  

Too bad I can't be there in person. I'd love some of that tap water everyone has been raving about. My friend loves tuna but he just figured he'd start getting his mercury from the NFL instead.??? 

Ah sh*t, go Jets. Hope they score plenty of touchdowns otherwise I won't be able to see much of them being that I only have Redzone and no strong internet connection nor' Direct TV 

We all know what's going to happen, don't we? 

The Jets win a game they're not supposed to, and look pretty good. We all get a little hope, maybe they're not so bad. 

35-13 Jags, and it's not that close. 

I won't be be rooting for it, though. 

9 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Hoping for a big win today to bring us to 2-2 and right back in it.  Jacksonville may have stomped Baltimore, but they ARE beatable.

Also, second win this early also hopefully silences the "Suck for Sam" contingent here.

We don't have to suck for Sam. He'll be available when we pick at #10.

Archived