### Jets \ Jaguars -- (Let's Get to .500) Game Thread ###

Maxman

1 minute ago, JetsFanatic said:

The Jets can even their record at 2-2 only game out of first and your rooting against them??? WOW!

Apparently, drafting a QB #1 next year guarantees us years of great football, championships, parades ... happy days!

Just like all those teams before us who drafted their QB #1 ...

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Thor99 said:

We all know what's going to happen, don't we? 

The Jets win a game they're not supposed to, and look pretty good. We all get a little hope, maybe they're not so bad. 

35-13 Jags, and it's not that close. 

I won't be be rooting for it, though. 

ATTN: Kim Jong Maxman

Well another Sunday another Jets game. At least I go into this one with a different outlook. What I want to see today:

1. More Growth. Lets see those young guys on both sides of the ball flying around and hittin' it.

2. Stretch the field: Let see more throws downfield and fahchristssakes lets see more of those young WR's out there.

3. Defense: I want to see some pressure on the QB from the DL. These guys are due for a big pass rush day. Lets see some sacks by Leo & crew.

If I see all that a win should follow easily. If not and they play hard and tough its all you can ask for. After Cleveland it gets tough so I'm going into every game for the rest of the season with the mindset that I want to see the 3 things I listed above. If they can achieve that I will be happy. Suck for Sam be damned.

The Jags are not a good football team offensively.

1- They do not have a good running game. Fournette averages less then 4 yards a carry.  They just run it alot because....

2- There quarterback stinks.  Hes one of the worst in football.

If the Jets can move the ball on offense and not turn it over multiple times, they will win this game.

10 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

If we win today, then I'll give up on the future for this team and instead start rooting for them to win this year.

But as of now I'm still hoping they lose.  Would love to avoid crap/mediocrity for the next decade or so.

Disgusted to see sentiment like this, especially in this thread. Matt Forte and Josh McCown have three good years in them. Brad Johnson.

Just now, T0mShane said:

Disgusted to see sentiment like this, especially in this thread. Matt Forte and Josh McCown have three good years in them. Brad Johnson.

Well if you or dbatestroll stepped up as captain, this wouldn't be happening 

7 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Pretty sure Jets beat the living crap out of the Jags. I'm almost perplexed by the absolute confidence I have. 

Every other season we do better than we are supposed to. We are due for a year like that. The notion of tanking was never something I saw in the cards.

Best WR draft class in two decades? We dtaft busts at non-premium positions in almost every round. Then when we do draft WR, we miss on the small percentage of WRs that stink in that draft.

Best RB class in a decade? Same.

Supposed to rebuild in year 1 of Bowles/Mac. We come 1 game short of playoffs, re-invest in the team that joked week 17. Then flop.

Finally rebuilding? We'll win 8 games and miss the playoffs... then in the best QB draft in a decade, we won't take s QB.

This stuff is all pre-determined. So, ax Max said... root for today!

Just now, Integrity28 said:

Every other season we do better than we are supposed to. We are due for a year like that. The notion of tanking was never something I saw in the cards.

Best WR draft class in two decades? We dtaft busts at non-premium positions in almost every round. Then when we do draft WR, we miss on the small percentage of WRs that stink in that draft.

Supposed to rebuild in year 1 of Bowles/Mac. We come 1 game short of playoffs, re-invest in the team that joked week 17. Then flop.

Finally rebuilding? We'll win 8 games and miss the playoffs... then in the best QB draft in a decade, we won't take s QB.

This is 100% spot on. Regardless of our record we will more likely than not do the wong thing in the draft. So why not enjoy the games and root for a win?  I honestly had fun watching that game last week and going out today with my sons to do the same. If the Jags get lucky and beat us it will hurt a little less than most years. Live for today Ape. Live for today. 

5 minutes ago, Larz said:

Well if you or dbatestroll stepped up as captain, this wouldn't be happening 

While DButtman and I (unlike Max Jong Un) favor free expression of conscientious thought, both of us prefer to coerce the dialogue from a peripheral stance. Also, Brad Johnson.

I find it comical that some people think that whether they root for a win or a loss has any impact on the final score!  Just root for your team to win and at the end of the season the results will be sorted out.  Go J E T S !

1 minute ago, Joejet said:

I find it comical that some people think that whether they root for a win or a loss has any impact on the final score!  Just root for your team to win and at the end of the season the results will be sorted out.  Go J E T S !

What?? Are you trying to tell me that my negative mojo I send through the TV isn't working?? Way to ruin my Sunday!!

8 hours ago, southtown24th said:

That's cute and awfully childish for an adult? You are an adult right? Feeling a bit confused.  I would not count "being banned from a Jets message board" amongst my life's greatest achievements next to...well...my life's greatest achievements (of which there are a few...just ask and I will furnish upon request).  If you or anyone else on here can't handle A LONG TIME, 29 YEAR SEASON TICKET HOLDER (1988-2017...Section 308 in GS, Section 206A in MLS--My Father finally bailed this year, thank God, he stopped throwing money DIRECTLY down the toilet) speaking his mind about the long-term health of this franchise and a plan for sustainable franchise success going forward, then I might as well not waste any more breath...perhaps? With that being said, since we're all "adults" here, I would hate to bother with anyone or anything that devoid of the ability to listen to and/or find some level of value in diverse opinions...specifically opinions different than your own.  That approach to board moderation seems like true censorship and seems to be an awfully familiar sentiment considering the current political environment and the folks at the helm around these parts.  If you can't handle diverse opinions and you feel the need to censor out/away folks speaking their mind in a way that does not coincide with how you see things, you do whatever you have to do...Won't be the end of my world/life either, that I can tell you...I will still be waking up to 75 and sunny weather all "winter" long and I will STILL loudly and vocally root AGAINST the NY  "EFFING" Jets so that I can FINALLY see long-term, sustainable success for the NFL franchise that I LOVE...finally...some day...if we get a Quarterback...

Lastly, this is an internet message board, not an elementary school. This is solely designed for FUN and BANTER. I do this for fun...and for banter. I imagine you might, too?  Or perhaps this is a whole lot more serious for you? If so, I am sorry for you.  (I have a great therapist I can refer you to) If you need to act in a manner that seems awfully callow, then you do whatever you have to do. That's just fine.  The "issue" of people voicing diverse opinions seems to be weighing heavily on you and your "life" and I can tell you, my life is much bigger and more broad-reaching than this franchise and this message board--if that's not the case in your own life, then I feel poorly for you...

With that being said, I will gladly avoid the extra special game day threads so as to not ruffle any feathers...

Go away! Like Max said, plenty of tank threads you fill with your posts.

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Hoping for a big win today to bring us to 2-2 and right back in it.  Jacksonville may have stomped Baltimore, but they ARE beatable.

Also, second win this early also hopefully silences the "Suck for Sam" contingent here.

That's the spirit!

UNLEASH THE HACKEN!

clash-of-the-titans.jpg?w=487

I'm not super confident because I don't like our injuries to players we need to step up on D in Mo & Leo. Shell out vs this Jags D also makes me nervous but I do have confidence in the coaching on the offensive side of the ball. I think we're going to play pretty conservative on O, keeping in extra blockers until the 2nd half. The way you tire a defense is to keep the game close, don't abandon the run game too quickly & then open it up more in the 2nd half when their pass rushers aren't jumping out of the cleats anymore.

4 minutes ago, Jetster said:

I'm not super confident because I don't like our injuries to players we need to step up on D in Mo & Leo. Shell out vs this Jags D also makes me nervous but I do have confidence in the coaching on the offensive side of the ball. I think we're going to play pretty conservative on O, keeping in extra blockers until the 2nd half. The way you tire a defense is to keep the game close, don't abandon the run game too quickly & then open it up more in the 2nd half when their pass rushers aren't jumping out of the cleats anymore.

Only question now is if the Jets can get up by four TDs early enough so they can get Hack some work in the second half.

I'm very excited about this Football game.  My home town childhood team vs my current home team.  Not that I'm a Jags fan.  Jets all the way, baby!!! Nothing would make me happier than having some instate victories for sh*t talk if we're going to go ahead and screw ourselves as it is. Especially because the Jets suck, people get super sour. 

I think the Jets have good chances against moderate and below opponents. And if we play well on defense today it could set a precedent for the remainder of the season. There is talent there but if the scheme works and they get confidence they could be pretty good season long. The league knows the Jets have a long threat in Robby and that McCown is capable of throwing long. So they will adjust their defense which helps the Jets short game a lot. I think there will be at least one game when they could have two bombs to Robby and possibly a game where they win by over 14. But today I think we win something like 20-13.

16 minutes ago, JiF said:

I'm very excited about this Football game.  My home town childhood team vs my current home team.  Not that I'm a Jags fan.  Jets all the way, baby!!! Nothing would make me happier than having some instate victories for sh*t talk if we're going to go ahead and screw ourselves as it is. Especially because the Jets suck, people get super sour. 

INT: a dimly-lit, run down Jacksonville sports bar:

JiF: Yeah baby, that’s what I’m talking about. The Jets beat the Jags!

Patron: What is “the Jags”

56 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Once the Jets were everyone's pick to land the #1 overall pick, it should've been obvious that it wasn't going to happen. 

All I wanted in this year's draft was a trade down that netted the team an extra first next year. That would've set them up nicely without all of this tank talk being necessary. 

It's still early. Don't know if the Jets are surprisingly good, or the fish are surprisingly bad. In the meantime, I like seeing young players play well, and I'm hoping to see the young QBs and WR's join in the fun. So I root for the players to improve and for the coaching to improve because I expect the same regime to be here next year. 

21 minutes ago, JiF said:

That's the spirit sweet one. Root for win, abandon all hope of a franchise QB and enjoy the misery a win could cause others. Worked last week for me and the Dolphin fans. 

Tough one today on outfit choices.  Says it's going to be 68 degrees but a feels like of 77 degrees.  So I'm going with a Jets hoodie, khaki shorts, and white sneakers.  I've got a Ralph Lauren t-shirt underneath the hoodie in case it's really warm and I need to take off a layer.

SAR I

Archived