### Jets \ Jaguars -- (Let's Get to .500) Game Thread ###

Maxman

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, SAR I said:

Tough one today on outfit choices.  Says it's going to be 68 degrees but a feels like of 77 degrees.  So I'm going with a Jets hoodie, khaki shorts, and white sneakers.  I've got a Ralph Lauren t-shirt underneath the hoodie in case it's really warm and I need to take off a layer.

SAR I

What about the isotoners?  Bringing those too?

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Tough one today on outfit choices.  Says it's going to be 68 degrees but a feels like of 77 degrees.  So I'm going with a Jets hoodie, khaki shorts, and white sneakers.  I've got a Ralph Lauren t-shirt underneath the hoodie in case it's really warm and I need to take off a layer.

SAR I

I generally like your posts, but seriously, why does anyone here care WTF you wear to a Jets game? Or anywhere else for that matter?

15 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Nice. 

45 minutes ago, slats said:

Once the Jets were everyone's pick to land the #1 overall pick, it should've been obvious that it wasn't going to happen. 

All I wanted in this year's draft was a trade down that netted the team an extra first next year. That would've set them up nicely without all of this tank talk being necessary. 

It's still early. Don't know if the Jets are surprisingly good, or the fish are surprisingly bad. In the meantime, I like seeing young players play well, and I'm hoping to see the young QBs and WR's join in the fun. So I root for the players to improve and for the coaching to improve because I expect the same regime to be here next year. 

This game will say alot about where the Jets are, but this is actually the sweet spot in the schedule-it gets alot worse after Cleveland.  

They do not match up well against the Jags, but I said the same thing about the Dolphins.

My philosophy is that if there is a QB available that is graded in that round that is better than a QB you have, you take them.  First round QBs are graded pretty broadly.  So, given that the Jets will likely pick in the top 5, I can't see them not taking a QB in round 1.  Falk, Rudolph, Fitzgerald, Darnold falling.  They will take a QB.

45 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

That's the spirit sweet one. Root for win, abandon all hope of a franchise QB and enjoy the misery a win could cause others. Worked last week for me and the Dolphin fans. 

As if that scenario was ever going to happen.  You act like we're fans of a different team. 

My hope for a franchise QB ended when they passed on Watson.

9 minutes ago, JiF said:

As if that scenario was ever going to happen.  You act like we're fans of a different team. 

My hope for a franchise QB ended when they passed on Watson.

I actually have a Baltimore Ravens banana hammock and a pair of Green Bay Packers mittens for just in case. 

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

I am a fantasy football savant, but I can't root against the Jets.

I consider wanting Jacksonville's D to kick ass today, rooting for the Jets.  

However if the dumbasses actually win today and screw their future, I'll accept mediocrity and actually begin rooting for wins again.

54 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

White sneakers? 

Like this?

or

Like that?

IMG_1841.JPG

IMG_1840.JPG

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

There is a chill in the air. This would look great and fit right in waiting in line at the luxury box carving station-

5662510025_dbd9dc6014_b.jpg

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Disgusted to see sentiment like this, especially in this thread. Matt Forte and Josh McCown have three good years in them. Brad Johnson.

Josh McCown has the future of TrentDilfer/RyanCollins/BradJohnson written all over him. IT CAN HAPPEN. SAFETIES, MAN!

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

INT: a dimly-lit, run down Jacksonville sports bar:

JiF: Yeah baby, that’s what I’m talking about. The Jets beat the Jags!

Patron: What is “the Jags”

You forgot the meth, missing teethed people, and absence of vegetation.

Archived