Jump to content
Maxman

### Jets \ Jaguars -- (Let's Get to .500) Game Thread ###

Recommended Posts

Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

No one.  Problem is Cleveland and SF are not passing him up. Especially if Darnold stays back.

We'll know who's closing in on #1 and #2 in a few weeks. Hopefully SF wins a little more. So while I have put the tanking obsession to rest..im still rooting for SF/CLE wins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AFJF said:

Young kids looking good again.  Good stuff.

it's not right to gloat at injuries to other teams, but i read that dalvin cook likely suffered an acl tear, and i bring this up b/c so many here wanted him over maye.  and then we see mcguire have the day he had.  mccags is looking pretty good right now.  if petty becomes a decent starter, mccags could easily withstand hack never doing anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

We're tied for first place in the East and you guys are still talking about drafting? Go post that stuff in the draft forum there happens to be some real old schooll Jets fans still around who actually WANT to see them win.

We beat the dolphins and jags.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kevinc855 said:

Jet fans could win a superbowl and some fans say but we are drafting 32!!! Relax, we get a first round pick regardless, learn how to enjoy wins 

I guess you hit your head and forgot who's the qb on this team

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kevinc855 said:

Jet fans could win a superbowl and some fans say but we are drafting 32!!! Relax, we get a first round pick regardless, learn how to enjoy wins 

You realize we root for the Jets, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Maddog45 said:

I guess you hit your head and forgot who's the qb on this team

You know McCown has one of the highest completion rates in the league right? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Jet fans could win a superbowl and some fans say but we are drafting 32!!! Relax, we get a first round pick regardless, learn how to enjoy wins 

I'm sure you'll enjoy January when us jets fans watch the playoffs , maybe you can get invited to mccowns Super Bowl party , I'm sure he's a good guy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Jet fans could win a superbowl and some fans say but we are drafting 32!!! Relax, we get a first round pick regardless, learn how to enjoy wins 

I'm going to turn 62 on Wednesday, I'm running out of those "wait 'til next year"seasons, I want to see the Jets go to the playoffs NOW and be red hot in December and then ANYTHING is possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SoFlaJets said:

I'm going to turn 62 on Wednesday, I'm running out of those "wait 'til next year"seasons, I want to see the Jets go to the playoffs NOW and be red hot in December and then ANYTHING is possible.

Amen Jimmy.

Age doesn't matter, tomorrow is promised to none of us.

Great win today. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, nycdan said:

CLE is clearly gunning for another #1 pick.  Factory of Sadness indeed.

No, didn't you hear?  The Browns have a brilliant team-building plan, which the Jets should be modeling themselves after.  They're a future top team that is just pretending to be the league's worst each and every single year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

We'll know who's closing in on #1 and #2 in a few weeks. Hopefully SF wins a little more. So while I have put the tanking obsession to rest..im still rooting for SF/CLE wins.

We'll likely have a head-to-head over Cleveland after next week and 3 wins.  Unless they pop off in the second half of the year and look like a totally different team, they've probably got it over us easy.  I really don't have the slightest clue who SF is going to beat but hey, any given Sunday I guess.  We have no control over it, so whatever.  Kids played well today so that did make me happy.  If Bubba Gump would have won with Petty or Hack under center and wasn't trying to ride out 38 year old McCown to 6-7 wins, I'd have zero issues with what's going on right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Sometimes, when I'm doing naked, hot yoga I think to myself: If we hadn't won those meaningless games, then we would have had a draft pick high enough the pick Watson.

He'd have been a perfect fit for us. When I think about it, I poop my pants a little.

You can't do a REAL ULTIMATE REBUILD without a QB and num-chucks.

If you are doing naked yoga how do you poop your pants???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Maxman said:

We were told we were going to be the worst team in football. This team is Young and had a ton of heart. Yes long term qb is still the issue.

But a great day and great win.

Hell yeah.  Rooting FOR today surely feels alot better than rooting AGAINST your own team must feel right now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

I'm going to turn 62 on Wednesday, I'm running out of those "wait 'til next year"seasons, I want to see the Jets go to the playoffs NOW and be red hot in December and then ANYTHING is possible.

I don't know how you've endured this crap this long 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Maddog45 said:

I guess you hit your head and forgot who's the qb on this team

you know, mccown is physically not that great but he's been making some pretty good decisions so far.  the lateral to powell was horribly bad but other than that he played a very good game.  we all know he is limited but so is the rest of the offense.  when the receivers start to get better and the oline gels is when a better qb will be sorely needed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Maddog45 said:

I don't know how you've endured this crap this long 

when you're a jet (fan) you're a jet (fan) all the way.........hey the cubbies just won after nearly a century and it took the dead sox 86 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rangerous said:

you know, mccown is physically not that great but he's been making some pretty good decisions so far.  the lateral to powell was horribly bad but other than that he played a very good game.  we all know he is limited but so is the rest of the offense.  when the receivers start to get better and the oline gels is when a better qb will be sorely needed.

We need a franchise qb , we need to fix this position and forget about it for the next 15 years and focus and the other positions like how the pats have done , tired of these bum jag at qb all started with Vinny t

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Maddog45 said:

I don't know how you've endured this crap this long 

I was in the 8th grade the day that the whole family sat over my cousin Anthony's house in Garwood, New Jersey and watched the Jets beat the Colts 16-7 in a real live Super Bowl game. I remember everything about that day and hope to be able to share another one with my family here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

"for better or worse"

Reading isn't hard.

The coaching staff are not going to chuck a season they can't afford to appease people who still believe Hackenberg isn't a dumpster fire of a player. 

Petty may play later if the season is dead. As it is we're 2-2 and playing a lesser QB for the sake of it would be absurd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, thebuzzardman said:

Warfish distributing downvotes like crazy. He loves the mediocrity. 

How horrible, a Jets Fans who enjoys when the Jets win.

Go to Cleveland, you'd made an excellent Browns fan right now.  If all that matters to you is the #1/#1 pick, I am sure they'd love to have you aboard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Warfish said:

How horrible, a Jets Fans who enjoys when the Jets win.

Go to Cleveland, you'd made an excellent Browns fan right now.  If all that matters to you is the #1/#1 pick, I am sure they'd love to have you aboard.

 

Who cares about wins this year. Sometimes you have to look at the big picture, even as a fan. 

 

Enjoy your instant gratification win though, and pray a QB falls to #6 pick that's worth an actual f*ck, not that that is likely. 

And then McCag's drafts another defensive player. BLUEPRINT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SoFlaJets said:

I was in the 8th grade the day that the whole family sat over my cousin Anthony's house in Garwood, New Jersey and watched the Jets beat the Colts 16-7 in a real live Super Bowl game. I remember everything about that day and hope to be able to share another one with my family here.

I wonder what the hell I'll be doing the day I see the jets win a super bowl , you're lucky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×