The hell with the tank. Go Jets!

Fibonacci

17-10 up against the Jags. We might still lose this game. But the kids are giving all they have. McGuire? Go baby. I will not root against these kids anymore. Go Jets. Win as many games as you can. This miserable Jet fan will cheer for you no matter what. 

8 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

They should have signed Cutler.  Only his level of apathy could have ensured a tank.

Rachel Phelps: [Charlie and Rachel are having a meeting about the team] Any ideas? 
Charlie Donovan: On how we can get worse? 
Rachel Phelps: Mmmmm... 
Charlie Donovan: How about a series of fines for good play? Maybe a $30,000 bonus to the guy voted Least Valuable Player. 
Rachel Phelps: Maybe the problem is... we're coddling these guys too much. Yeah!

I said this a few times in the game thread and i'll say it again. You can't ask your players to not try to win and tank games for you. The Jets young players are playing well and that's a good thing.

Just because they win some games this year doesn't mean they can't get a QB. They obviously know they need one. You can trade up in the draft, guys in the draft can rise and fall, and there is also the FA option as well with guys like Garrapalo for example. It's to early in a season to worry about tanking for a guy who may or may not even declare himself eligible for the upcoming draft. Another QB can rise in the draft and the Jets could take him in the middle of the first round and he could end up being great, the point is, you don't know.

I'm happy we won and i'm happy we are 2-2 after we dropped our first two games of the season. Our young players are playing well and that's a good thing.

Everyone celebrating let me know how u feel come next draft and we miss out on another qb. Remember winning a “meaningful game” and losing out on mariota. These wins will feel especially good when bills trade up and god forbid get a franchise qb before us. We barely won today. This wasant a good win

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Nothing is certain in the draft. I can assure you someone outside of Darnold/Rosen will ascend between And and April as well, if not more then one.

The Jets have some young talent, and they play hard.  So far, that's all I can ask for.

I'd rather a quarterback. This is just more Fitzmagic that will ultimately loop us right back into the forever mediocre cycle.

They have some (not a lot but some) young talent on this roster. Josh isn't the reason they're winning these games. It's because if some strong young talent around him and on the defense.

The Jets tanking would mean them not having these guys... You'd get a QB, maybe, but then have nothing around him and have to hope for another 2,3,4 drafts to build the team... I'm happy if they're ahead of schedule there.

9 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

The decision to start McCown over Petty is going to set this franchise back years.  Enjoy going 5-11 or 6-10 you fools.

McCown made a nice effort to throw the game, but he just couldn't quite pull it off. Josh was en route to hero to goat, but instead it was Edwards who went from goat to hero. After nearly pulling defeat from the jaws of victory, they rallied when all the momentum was against them. That was a good win. A good win for a young team. And now they're tied with the cheats for second place in the division. Who'da thunk?

12 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

This is just more Fitzmagic that will ultimately loop us right back into the forever mediocre cycle.

And what did rooting against your team, and now being mad your team won, do for the cause?

Yeah, not much.

This is why fans should never root for loses till late season.  We have a better chance of winning the division than we ever did of being the #1/#1 pick next draft.

Our QB next year will be who he will be, regardless of which way you rooted today.

May as well enjoy the bright moments, because your preferred "deferred enjoyment" of the draft is nothing but a fantasy. 

Worse, it's a fantasy than has you, right now, hating your own team for a win.

Just sad.

1 minute ago, slats said:

McCown made a nice effort to throw the game, but he just couldn't quite pull it off. Josh was en route to hero to goat, but instead it was Edwards who went from goat to hero. After nearly pulling defeat from the jaws of victory, they rallied when all the momentum was against them. That was a good win. A good win for a young team. And now they're tied with the cheats for second place in the division. Who'da thunk?

That lateral throw by McCown was just sad for a 38 year old vet. Why we weren't just running it up the gut at that point I have no idea, brain fart by the WCO Morton, Sean Payton does that too sometimes. Like you said, this team overcame McCown, a missed FG & a horrible punt by Edwards. Good job to the youngsters.

5 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Hello everyone, I am The Good Jets Fan. I want rhe team to win between 4 and 9 games in perpetuity. If you disagree I feel sorry for you honestly

You, yourself, have said that you can't bring yourself to root against the team while they're playing. So is this a sincere post or a sarcastic one? 

Rooting one way or the other from your couch or bar doesn't effect the outcome either way. I fully understand the draft implications, but it's currently football season and I can't help but root for the team to win. Were we really supposed to treat these four months as simply a draft slotting enterprise? They could get to 3-2 and still finish 3-13. In the meantime, I'm gonna enjoy it when they do something right. This was a good win. 

3 minutes ago, slats said:

You, yourself, have said that you can't bring yourself to root against the team while they're playing. So is this a sincere post or a sarcastic one? 

Rooting one way or the other from your couch or bar doesn't effect the outcome either way. I fully understand the draft implications, but it's currently football season and I can't help but root for the team to win. Were we really supposed to treat these four months as simply a draft slotting enterprise? They could get to 3-2 and still finish 3-13. In the meantime, I'm gonna enjoy it when they do something right. This was a good win. 

It's both sarcastic and sincere, because I'm capable of holding two different thoughts in my head at the same time.

Just now, dbatesman said:

It's both sarcastic and sincere, because I'm capable of holding two different thoughts in my head at the same time

Lol, whatever, I'm sure you're all alone there. Like I said, I understand the draft implications, I also happen to understand that Blake Bortles was a #1 pick. There are no guarantees there. 

I had no expectations about this team except that I KNEW they were probably going to suck. But, after having watched them so far this year I have to say they are a fun team to watch, there are a lot of new faces, young guys who are playing like they love the game, and it shines right through. All I know is I couldn't bear sitting at my screen watching all of these kids writing about the draft IN SEPTEMBER! That's too much for me.

18 minutes ago, Warfish said:

And what did rooting against your team, and now being mad your team won, do for the cause?

Yeah, not much.

This is why fans should never root for loses till late season.  We have a better chance of winning the division than we ever did of being the #1/#1 pick next draft.

Our QB next year will be who he will be, regardless of which way you rooted today.

May as well enjoy the bright moments, because your preferred "deferred enjoyment" of the draft is nothing but a fantasy. 

Just sad.

Well said wardude. I get so negative about this team sometimes and you really have to fight it back. It was a good win no matter what anyone says.

Just now, slats said:

Lol, whatever, I'm sure you're all alone there. Like I said, I understand the draft implications, I also happen to understand that Blake Bortles was a #1 pick. There are no guarantees there. 

It sounds like we agree on everything, so I'm honestly not sure what you're arguing here

1 minute ago, slats said:

But we simply HAVE to get the #1/#1, because that QB from USC will be available!

You know, Matt Leinart!!!

33 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I said this a few times in the game thread and i'll say it again. You can't ask your players to not try to win and tank games for you. The Jets young players are playing well and that's a good thing.

Just because they win some games this year doesn't mean they can't get a QB. They obviously know they need one. You can trade up in the draft, guys in the draft can rise and fall, and there is also the FA option as well with guys like Garrapalo for example. It's to early in a season to worry about tanking for a guy who may or may not even declare himself eligible for the upcoming draft. Another QB can rise in the draft and the Jets could take him in the middle of the first round and he could end up being great, the point is, you don't know.

I'm happy we won and i'm happy we are 2-2 after we dropped our first two games of the season. Our young players are playing well and that's a good thing.

right.  and there's another reason why you want the players to keep trying.  it's because if the team is successful then their stock rises as trade bait. young players who demonstrate they can play are easy to deal.  not that the jets are in a position to churn their roster but every season there are guys who may fit the schemes better.  maybe the patsies should've kept ealy.  or tampa should've kept asj.

but what i am seeing is that this team is going to get to the point where they can plug just about any qb in and have enough offense.  morton is doing a really good job so far.  he's playing to mccowns strengths and he has responded by not having too many turnovers or making bad decisions.

40 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Yeah, not much.

Just sad.

Just tired, man. Don't overthink it. That's an awful lot of words to say something so meaningless and you seem really upset about other people's thoughts.

Just now, JetPotato said:

Just tired, man. Don't overthink it. That's an awful lot of words to say something so meaningless and you seem really upset about other people's thoughts.

Not upset, disgusted by and embarrassed for, frankly.  Fans don't root against their own team in Week 1.

You can stubbornly ignore if you like, but you're the angry miserable one today, not me.  

All I was doing was trying to help an old friend see the light.

Shrug, try and enjoy what's left of your weekend.

1 hour ago, JetPotato said:

I'd rather a quarterback. This is just more Fitzmagic that will ultimately loop us right back into the forever mediocre cycle.

My point is there will be more than just Rosen and Darnold if they want to take a QB.  No one thought Mahomes would be a 1st Rounder this time last year.  Probably not Trubisky either.  

42 minutes ago, Warfish said:

But we simply HAVE to get the #1/#1, because that QB from USC will be available!

You know, Matt Leinart!!!

This.

Pats D looks atrocious, we actually have a shot at the division for once and we have people rooting to lose for a small chance at a player that might be good...maybe (not holding my breath, see - USC QBs). 

1 hour ago, jetscrazey said:

The decision to start McCown over Petty is going to set this franchise back years.  Enjoy going 5-11 or 6-10 you fools.

No the decision to start McCown over Petty will cost the Jets 2 wins, McCown is terrible!

2 hours ago, jetsfan719 said:

Everyone celebrating let me know how u feel come next draft and we miss out on another qb. Remember winning a “meaningful game” and losing out on mariota. These wins will feel especially good when bills trade up and god forbid get a franchise qb before us. We barely won today. This wasant a good win

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wake me up when mariota carries his team to a super bowl win 

Archived