Smash's Positive's/Negative's Week 4

Smashmouth

Positives

1. McGuire looks like hes going to be the real deal. Powell played great nice two headed running game. 

2. Darron Lee played a good football game today lots of action in the backfield.

3. Bass played well again nice find by Macc

4. Secondary played solid again helped by pressure up front.

5. Ealy is another nice pick up **** you Belichick

6. Coverage still good on ST's

7. And probably the most important, even after making some dumb plays that let the Jag's back into a game we were starting to dominate, We still found a way to win and the Jets NEVER do that.

8. Playing like we did the last 2 weeks with such a young team is impressive we are very aggressive and the defense is coming into their own.

9. This team has more talent then some might think I hope they stick it in everyone's face

Negatives

1. The backwards pass ? bad play all around lucky break for the Jag's

2. Bad execution and coaching on that field goal.

3. Can't make foolish mistakes with the game on the line

4. Pass protection is still bad and Needs work. McCown needs to be more aware. No doubt The Jags can apply pressure but that's even more reason to be aware

5. Our Kicker is shaky and scares the crap outta me.

6. Edwards can't keep having some really bad kicks in a field position game. He had a few good ones but bad ones need to be cut down cause one bad kick late can lose you the game. 

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

TBF Edwards won us the game. A 70 yard punt in OT? That effectively won us the game. Haven't heard much about him this year so i don't know.

Maccagnan got a lot of flack for his drafting and FA signings but so far this year he has nailed both. 

Saw on the Turn on the Jets twitter somebody mentioned that Lachlan Edwards punts are like playing a game of Russian Roulette. I think that's apt.

McGuire has a nice 2nd gear.. Bilal doesn't. Either way, these two are far better options than Forte. 

Darron Lee is horrible. I tried to be supportive, but hes bad. I'm not sure what game you were watching, but all I saw was one nice tackle inside the 5 yard line the rest of the time it was him in open space getting caught flat footed or just being smashed at the line of scrimmage. 

Does Mo still play on this team?

I love Maye. 

McCown is the best qb we have had in a long time. 

Kearse, Kerley... great pick ups.

When did Demario start to not suck!?! Pleasant surprise.

Posluszny is a scumbag. 

Just now, Tony MaC said:

Saw on the Turn on the Jets twitter somebody mentioned that Lachlan Edwards punts are like playing a game of Russian Roulette. I think that's apt.

exactly and while he had that nice kick he is very inconsistent

56 minutes ago, pointman said:

McGuire has a nice 2nd gear.. Bilal doesn't. Either way, these two are far better options than Forte. 

Darron Lee is horrible. I tried to be supportive, but hes bad. I'm not sure what game you were watching, but all I saw was one nice tackle inside the 5 yard line the rest of the time it was him in open space getting caught flat footed or just being smashed at the line of scrimmage. 

I love Maye. 

Posluszny is a scumbag. 

all fairness to lee, i saw make some really bad plays in the first half but then start to play better.  right now they have some nice players who are making really good plays.  still too much football left but they are clearly on the rise.  and if it continues then the guy who deserves the most credit is bowles.  i was plenty critical after the first two games especially since they came on the heels of last season but maybe the most important thing we learn is if the jets have finally found a coach.

12 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Would be the best LB on our team.

He gave us 15 yards on what was the very definition of an undisciplined penalty. His penalty gave us the FG range. Being a constant contrarian is only good if you're funny or sarcastic about it. You're just miserable about it.

1 hour ago, Jet9 said:

He gave us 15 yards on what was the very definition of an undisciplined penalty. His penalty gave us the FG range. Being a constant contrarian is only good if you're funny or sarcastic about it. You're just miserable about it.

One penalty.

Good argument.

2 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

We are consistently saying "good find by Mac" these days.  And it couldn't be more fair. Our GM is a real deal GM. Knock em' all you want. 

The only knock on him is hack. And it's a big knock but it's not the end of his evaluation. I know many sojf's want him fired over that alone but luckily they aren't ones making the decision.

2 hours ago, rangerous said:

all fairness to lee, i saw make some really bad plays in the first half but then start to play better.  right now they have some nice players who are making really good plays.  still too much football left but they are clearly on the rise.  and if it continues then the guy who deserves the most credit is bowles.  i was plenty critical after the first two games especially since they came on the heels of last season but maybe the most important thing we learn is if the jets have finally found a coach.

I saw him make one play.. and assist in a 2nd tackle.. thats it. Every other time I saw him, it wasn't pretty. He over ran plays, got burned on others, and got washed out by linemen.

3 minutes ago, pointman said:

I saw him make one play.. and assist in a 2nd tackle.. thats it. Every other time I saw him, it wasn't pretty. He over ran plays, got burned on others, and got washed out by linemen.

IIRC, every time I've seen Darron make a big tackle this season is when he didn't have to shed a block.

All we have to do is scheme for him to be unblocked every play and DPOY, baby!

The Jets have found a way to win with Darron Lee playing 2 weeks in a row.  They will continue to work with him.  At this rate he is not getting a fifth year.    He will be replaced in the future.  Maybe a 4-3 team will trade for him.  

2 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

IIRC, every time I've seen Darron make a big tackle this season is when he didn't have to shed a block.

All we have to do is scheme for him to be unblocked every play and DPOY, baby!

LOL. I honestly think, the sad part is you're partially right but also wrong, because I've seen him squared up on a runner or QB and dance and then dive missing the tackle. So I think we need to amend your statement to say he just needs to be unblocked, and the ball carrier has to run into Darron's chest.

8 minutes ago, pointman said:

True. Never saw The Hitman do that though.

That's because by the time he caught up with them, they were already lining up for the next play.

:P

*I actually enjoyed and appreciated what he did for our run D, but he killed us in the pass D.*

10 minutes ago, pointman said:

LOL. I honestly think, the sad part is you're partially right but also wrong, because I've seen him squared up on a runner or QB and dance and then dive missing the tackle. So I think we need to amend your statement to say he just needs to be unblocked, and the ball carrier has to run into Darron's chest.

I'll totally accept that amendment. :D

And I thought it was funny that when Darron was briefly taken out for an injury and replaced with Stanford, then Stanford immediately made a great play.

6 hours ago, pointman said:

I love Maye. 

Posluszny is a scumbag. 

What game were you watching?

McCown did everything in his power to lose that game for us today.

2 hours ago, Gen X Jet said:

What's the deal with Ealy?  Why would Saint Belicheat part with this guy?

He didn't fit their scheme.  They're actually pretty deep at DE and had multiple rookies that were outperforming him in training camp.  I'm actually surprised he's playing this well, he certainly wasn't showing anything in preseason.

Also, historically Bellicheck doesn't care too much about pure pass rushers, he tends to be more interested in players that can set the edge and that don't freelance.  (Ealy, like other talented players has a tendency to go off script).  He let Jamie Collins and Chandler Jones go more or less for that reason.

2 hours ago, ARodJetsFan said:

What game were you watching?

McCown did everything in his power to lose that game for us today.

The game you clearly missed. Please, outline what he did. Don't tell me the INT that Bilal bounced off his hands, or the other INT our running back slipped on.

3 hours ago, pointman said:

The game you clearly missed. Please, outline what he did. Don't tell me the INT that Bilal bounced off his hands, or the other INT our running back slipped on.

You must mean the ridiculous backward pass that hit Powell in the back.

We can discuss that - or the sack he took where he fumbled the ball away at a critical point in the game?

Or the interception he threw when Powell fell down?

Or the unnecessary sack he took because he was holding onto the ball too long in another critical situation?

Three turnovers - 2 that McCown was directly responsible for due to poor decision making.

Not to mention that he did not account for a single TD.

What game did you watch - because it sure wasn't McCown vs the Jaguars yesterday, because he was awful - short of one pass to Robby Anderson that he had to slow down to catch because it was under-thrown and another nice catch that ASJ leaped up to snatch in traffic.

McCown's official game stats were 22 for 31 for 224 yds 0 TD's & 1 INT.

He was sacked 5 times and fumbled 3 times - losing one of them, at a pivotal point in the game.

His QBR was 20.9 and he had a 77.9 passer rating.

Essentially, McCown was directly responsible for giving the Jaguars 10 points in the 4th quarter and sending the game to overtime.

For the season thus far, McCown has thrown as many INT's as he has TD's;  3 & 3.

http://www.nfl.com/player/joshmccown/2505076/gamelogs

The Jets won this game - despite having McCown at QB - not because of him.

The best QB the Jets have had in along time?

Get a clue.....then come back and talk football when you have a leg to stand on.

Archived