If we could do the 6th pick in this past draft over

TuscanyTile2

14 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I really like Jamal Adams and what he brings to the plate week after week so far, but we really desperately needed a QB and Watson is looking good so far. 

I agree with this, and I really like Adams.  There was concern about Watson's arm-strength in the Meadowlands.  

But safeties like Adams tend to have careers shorter than QBs.

Clearly we can't know this information, but my question would be: how bad would our defense be without Adams, and how good would Watson look behind our OL with our WRs? I imagine we would still be 'better off' especially having a franchise QB, but we could have ruined him (or maybe after the league sees him for a while - he won't be that good).

But, it would be fun rooting for him.... oh wait, I think he would be sitting next to Petty as McCown still gave us the best chance to win....

9 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Well no contest for me. I argued all off-season for Watson and got into some back and forth about it but I really wanted the guy. I thought the guy could play in this league and would have been an asset to this team.

I have to admit that I was staunchly opposed to drafting Deshaun Watson.

Just now, The Crimson King said:

The Jets finally get a pick right and you want to change it?

My guess is that Adams will see many more pro bowls than Watson

Asking people now is what makes the question fun.  It's obviously still too early to say for sure that Watson will continue like this.  RG III had a great rookie year too.

53 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Asking people now is what makes the question fun.  It's obviously still too early to say for sure that Watson will continue like this.  RG III had a great rookie year too.

Watson does a little too much running around for my liking and I compared him to Vick and Manzeil a while back, which probably wasnt fair. OK, it wasn't. That said, let's give it a bit. If he becomes a QB who thinks pass first he'll be really good. If he 'tries to make a play' he's done. I still dont understand why people ignore the speed of NFL DEs and OLBs. That run around crap is short lived. There is a way for these guys to use their wheels and be successful though. Maybe he can do it.

I still take Adams there though, at 6 anyway. 

Went to the game yesterday and Adams was really impressive to watch. Commercial breaks, the kid is non stop energy. Constantly pumping up his teammates and the fans. The screens in the stadium follow the kid whenever there is a break. 

As far as the play on the field, what impressed me the most is the range. He gets to the play with unbelievable quickness. 

Didnt answer but wanted to share my impressions from watching live

Archived