JetNation FanDuel League; Week 5

JetNation

fanduel.png

Our FanDuel league is back again this week. Here are the details:

$900 in total prize money. $250 to the winner. $10 to enter.

Remember this is a one week league, pick your lineup against the salary cap and next week if you want to play again you can pick a completely different lineup if you want.

Click this link to enter — http://fanduel.com/JetNation

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
oYw1KOv2hbM

Click here to read the full story...

17 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

How did this thing fill up so quick last week and now we're at 30 entries on sat night?

my 5th place finish last week scared the F out of everyone....  (lets not talk about every other team I've entered this year getting smoked)

I gotta 3 gem lineups in there.  I suspect I'll take 2 out of the top 3 spots.

3 hours ago, Pac said:

Unfortunately the secret is out on this..  nothing but blue stars and a lot of names I don't recognize in the first few pages.  Oh well..  guess it is what it is.

They put it in the lobby this morning. Because we had only filled 30 spots.

We filled all 100 spots last week by Thursday I believe. But it takes a lot of time to promote it. I was traveling last week and wasn't able to do it.

Honestly, I love having this league but it really isn't worth it. I feel like I am nagging people to play and I am not sure why lol. FanDuel isn't paying us to promote the league we were doing it because people asked for it.

I will give it a shot again on Monday with the new league. I was hoping we could fill this and keep it on auto pilot, it is fun playing against everyone here. I agree when it is all experts, that isn't much fun.

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

They put it in the lobby this morning. Because we had only filled 30 spots.

We filled all 100 spots last week by Thursday I believe. But it takes a lot of time to promote it. I was traveling last week and wasn't able to do it.

Honestly, I love having this league but it really isn't worth it. I feel like I am nagging people to play and I am not sure why lol. FanDuel isn't paying us to promote the league we were doing it because people asked for it.

I will give it a shot again on Monday with the new league. I was hoping we could fill this and keep it on auto pilot, it is fun playing against everyone here. I agree when it is all experts, that isn't much fun.

Hopefully I'm making it clear this isn't a knock on you at all.  I agree it's awesome playing the guys from here but not great when there are pros throwing in their lineups.  I don't think there's anything more that you could be doing that you haven't already done.  And like you said - it's not like you're getting a lot of benefit for your efforts.

I appreciate the time and energy you put into it and as long as we have a league I'm in.. just cringe when I don't recognize names on the first few pages.

10 minutes ago, Pac said:

Hopefully I'm making it clear this isn't a knock on you at all.  I agree it's awesome playing the guys from here but not great when there are pros throwing in their lineups.  I don't think there's anything more that you could be doing that you haven't already done.  And like you said - it's not like you're getting a lot of benefit for your efforts.

I appreciate the time and energy you put into it and as long as we have a league I'm in.. just cringe when I don't recognize names on the first few pages.

No, I didn't take it that way at all. I was just venting my frustration. I want us to fill this league, I think it is a lot of fun and I have been told by several members that they are winning money. I just can't figure out the rhyme or reason on how to get people to play.  :)

I totally agree when it is all ringers, that is bad.

Thanks!

I really appreciate playing with you guys and would love to participate every week.

This was probably my worst fantasy week across the board for a lot of things.  I bought hard on Devante Parker across the board, which doomed all of my teams with injury.  Gurley not playing well also torpedoed my team.  Other failures, I could understand risk/reward, but those two guys were locks for me and it backfired, lol.  

Just now, Maxman said:

No, I didn't take it that way at all. I was just venting my frustration. I want us to fill this league, I think it is a lot of fun and I have been told by several members that they are winning money. I just can't figure out the rhyme or reason on how to get people to play.  :)

I totally agree when it is all ringers, that is bad.

Thanks!

Yeah, I used to be into DFS really hard until about Week 3 of last season.  The pro level players that play invest such an insane amount of time into this, that it's ridiculous.  People running scripts to make last minute changes, vegas odds analysis, weather reports including cross wind or head wind analysis, one on one match ups, team match ups, etc.  It's actually ridiculous, and unless you can spend devoted time towards it each day, it's impossible to keep up.  

When I was playing baseball, there was so much information out there from umpire tendencies to match ups and fastball/slider strengths, streaks, etc that I didn't know where else to research to stand out.  I remember looking up atmospheric pressure to see if there was a correlation for home runs, just because the data was too much to digest, so a lot of people ended up with the same sleepers.  

I'm not sure why people don't return.  I definitely enjoy playing.  

Archived