Poll: Rooting for wins? Or Tank?

TuscanyTile2

Are you rooting for the Jets to win games? Or to tank?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Are you rooting for the Jets to win games? Or to tank?

• I'm rooting for the Jets to win games this year
    • I'm rooting for a tank (and hopefully a FQB in the draft)

For the record, I'm rooting for the tank because I've seen this movie before with Fitz-magic.  FitzCown was something like 2-20 in his previous 22 games.  Yes he's 2-2 right now and he's played reasonably well.  But let's remember we beat Cutler and Bortles.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think after Cleveland the reality is going to set in. The assumption here is that we have a choice. The schedule becomes brutal after Cleveland with only the Saints and Chargers looking like they could go either way. But if the Jets beat Cleveland and upset the Pats, I'm all in. It would be criminal not to root for them at that point, even if the future is ostensibly on the line.

4 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

I think after Cleveland the reality is going to set in. The assumption here is that we have a choice. The schedule becomes brutal after Cleveland with only the Saints and Chargers looking like they could go either way. But if the Jets beat Cleveland and upset the Pats, I'm all in. It would be criminal not to root for them at that point, even if the future is ostensibly on the line.

6 minutes ago, gEYno said:

When we beat the Browns, the tank is over and you might as well root for the playoffs.  3-13 isn't going to be good enough, and they won't likely lose 13 straight.

We're not beating the Browns.

29 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Let's find out right now who belongs to the Wu Tank Clan (credit to Crazy Carl) or the One Marshmallow Mafia. I want to know who I can trust.

If I acquire membership to the Wu Tank Clan organization, does that automatically bestow upon me street cred? And, if so, may I start sporting a do-rag (I'm white)?

2 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

I'm telling you, we are not. The Jets are a good matchup for them. They play good run defense and they will be able to run the ball on us. Book it.

We're gonna load the box and blitz all day Bowles is gonna send skrine and Adams all game we're forcing kizer to beat us with his arm , I already see this game getting ugly for the browns , our defense is too good.

4 minutes ago, Maddog45 said:

We're gonna load the box and blitz all day Bowles is gonna send skrine and Adams all game we're forcing kizer to beat us with his arm , I already see this game getting ugly for the browns , our defense is too good.

Wow. Just wow. We beat Bortles and a guy that got shut out by the Saints and we're the 85 Bears.

9 minutes ago, Maddog45 said:

Kizer is that level of ass like those guys too tho lmao

You can laugh your ass off till you're blue in the ass, they are not going to need him to throw that much. Book it. Or, you can take the 2.5 points that Vegas is having the Browns lay and make yourself a sh*t TON of money, if you're that sure.

This is one of those games where the Jets are looking what passes in Jetsville as, for lack of a better word, good and you think that they will almost certainly win this game, because the other team is terribler than they are BY FAR and the next thing you know, it's the middle of the second quarter and you have the that sinking feeling in your stomach that you've been fooled again and then by the fourth quarter you have another warm feeling in your stomach, the one that accompanies being kicked in the meat jewels. You then remember what football is like again and can't believe you ever forgot.

It would be so Todd Bowles to go in conservative Sunday, and play scared enough to manage to lose to the Browns, but, I don't know why but I feel something different about this group of players. They are not the most talented in the world, but (so far) they play hungry and for each other and seem to care about winning. 

For the record, I can never root for the NY Jets to lose games. It has been going on for so long, that I absolutely hate and detest losing.

Most of my Jet fan friends that are rooting for them to win aren’t the real fans.

They are the guys who go to the game mostly for the tailgating and to just get an escape from life.

They aren’t invested in this team, they aren’t thinking about a future of competing for SBs down the line.

They just want to see some wins.

Nothing wrong with that, but it’s not what I want

3 minutes ago, Obrien2Toon said:

Most of my Jet fan friends that are rooting for them to win aren’t the real fans.

They are the guys who go to the game mostly for the tailgating and to just get an escape from life.

They aren’t invested in this team, they aren’t thinking about a future of competing for SBs down the line.

Man, this is a savage attack on @Maxman

Stupid poll, asking people to presuppose the outcome as the basis for their opinion.

How about the option, that I favor, of letting the chips fall where they may, while playing the young guys and building a team for the long-haul.

If the Jets were 2-2 with either Petty or Hack at QB I'd be ecstatic.

But at 2-2 with McCown throwing to Kerley and running Forte up the ass, ineffectively, to me is at this juncture counter-productive.  If Forte wasn't injured who knows if Powell and McGuire would have shown last week.

The McCown show is nonsense.

2 minutes ago, Obrien2Toon said:

The official uniform of the One Marshmallow Mafia is pleated skirts and pom poms. Us in the Wu Tank Clan are eating ******* rocks and washing it down with gasoline and gator piss for the next three months hoping that this cycle of mediocrity is once and for all ended and we can all have have a period of sustained sunshine for once in our football lives like human beings.

33 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

I'm telling you, we are not. The Jets are a good matchup for them. They play good run defense and they will be able to run the ball on us. Book it.

I think we beat the Browns and the "let's win!" mob has its moment in the sun.  But a few weeks later we'll be something like 3-8 and everyone who rooted for wins is going to say "of course I wasn't dumb enough to believe this team was good enough to make the playoffs!"

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

I think we beat the Browns and the "let's win!" mob has its moment in the sun.  But a few weeks later we'll be something like 3-8 and everyone who rooted for wins is going to say "of course I wasn't dumb enough to believe this team was good enough to make the playoffs!"

That's the next poll.

9 minutes ago, Obrien2Toon said:

Sounds like the people rooting for the tank are, in fact, the #realfans

2 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

Stupid poll, asking people to presuppose the outcome as the basis for their opinion.

How about the option, that I favor, of letting the chips fall where they may, while playing the young guys and building a team for the long-haul.

If the Jets were 2-2 with either Petty or Hack at QB I'd be ecstatic.

But at 2-2 with McCown throwing to Kerley and running Forte up the ass, ineffectively, to me is at this juncture counter-productive.  If Forte wasn't injured who knows if Powell and McGuire would have shown last week.

The McCown show is nonsense.

What's the "presuppose" part?  I asked people what they're rooting for.  And I didn't "presuppose" that we'd get the #1 overall pick.  I wrote "(and hopefully a FQB in the draft)".  

5 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

The official uniform of the One Marshmallow Mafia is pleated skirts and pom poms. Us in the Wu Tank Clan are eating ******* rocks and washing it down with gasoline and gator piss for the next three months hoping that this cycle of mediocrity is once and for all ended and we can all have have a period of sustained sunshine for once in our football lives like human beings.

This

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

What's the "presuppose" part?  I asked people what they're rooting for.  And I didn't "presuppose" that we'd get the #1 overall pick.  I wrote "(and hopefully a FQB in the draft)".  

Hoping for a 'tank' is the 'presuppose'.

I'm not hoping for a tank, but if it occurs playing the young guys, so be it.

Playing McCown, and Kerley, in meaningful roles this season is counterproductive is all I mean.

4 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

Hoping for a 'tank' is the 'presuppose'.

I'm not hoping for a tank, but if it occurs playing the young guys, so be it.

Playing McCown, and Kerley, in meaningful roles this season is counterproductive is all I mean.

I'm not presupposing anything.  If someone isn't rooting for the tank then they don't have to vote for it.  I'm asking people if that's what they're rooting for.

Voted tank.  But if they get one more win in the next few games, the tank is dead.

I will say, Bowles is doing one hell of a job with these guys.  Just wish he could find a way to do that while losing too.  Like letting the Jags get the OT FG or something.

Archived