Poll: Rooting for wins? Or Tank?

TuscanyTile2

Are you rooting for the Jets to win games? Or to tank?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Are you rooting for the Jets to win games? Or to tank?

• I'm rooting for the Jets to win games this year
    • I'm rooting for a tank (and hopefully a FQB in the draft)

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tanking with Mac as the GM is like buying 50 lottery tickets with your numbers being 1 2 3 4 5 6 on each one.  Makes no sense.  Maybe with these wins, it signifies Bowles might be accidentally hitting on a formula for coaching.  Imagine how cool it would be if he has 3 timeouts at the end of a half with 2 minutes left and he doesn't punt and gets us points.  That would be progress, no matter the personnel.

15 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

If I acquire membership to the Wu Tank Clan organization, does that automatically bestow upon me street cred? And, if so, may I start sporting a do-rag (I'm white)?

You are not allowed to use proper English saying "may I" & wear a do-rag as a white man ... Unless you are also transgender 

I'm rooting for our young guys to develop and play well, and the team be just competitive enough to hang around in almost every game without winning them. If Jacksonville had kicked an OT FG to win the game, it would've been best case scenario. It's not a 'tank'. But I definitely have no desire to go 6-10 and pick the 4th QB (or 1st CB) off the board with the #9 draft pick.

Speaking of.. I'd also like Mac to resign the guys on one year deals who are making a difference this year. What's the point of good years from Claiborne, Ealy and Jenkins if they all walk in 2018?

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

Poor poll options.

You can root for wins (knowing we won't get many anyway) and still "hopefully get a FQB in the draft".

A reminder, again, this is supposedly the deepest QB Draft since 1983. 

If that's true, there will be FQB's picked in the teens and even the 20's.

And like many a draft, the best actual FQB of the draft is unlikely to go #1/#1.

Even if the 1983 comparison isn't hyperbole, the draft has changed. If there are five top QB prospects in the draft, they'll go top 15. The question is whether we get Marino or Blackledge.... it's a question as Jets fans that we already know the answer.

15 hours ago, Obrien2Toon said:

Most of my Jet fan friends that are rooting for them to win aren’t the real fans.

They are the guys who go to the game mostly for the tailgating and to just get an escape from life.

They aren’t invested in this team, they aren’t thinking about a future of competing for SBs down the line.

They just want to see some wins.

Nothing wrong with that, but it’s not what I want

I love the someone who thinks differently than I do isn't a real fan mentality.

The stadium was filled last week with Jets fans all rooting for the team to win. Big fans. Diehard fans. HUGE fans lol.

37 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I love the someone who thinks differently than I do isn't a real fan mentality.

The stadium was filled last week with Jets fans all rooting for the team to win. Big fans. Diehard fans. HUGE fans lol.

No I’m not calling anyone either or the other.

that was someone else who gave the tankers, a not real fan label.

Im just saying that from the people I know, the people that rooting for wins aren’t as into it as the tank crowd people I know.

Im sure there are “real fans” on both sides 

17 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

For the record, I'm rooting for the tank because I've seen this movie before with Fitz-magic.  FitzCown was something like 2-20 in his previous 22 games.  Yes he's 2-2 right now and he's played reasonably well.  But let's remember we beat Cutler and Bortles.

Cown isn't why the Jets are winning. They won those games because our young defense and rookies played well. It's completely different than winning with Fitz, Decker, Marshall, and a bunch of other 33+ year olds. It's not the same. 

I want the Jets to win because it means their young core is coming along and that there's more potential on the team than we thought. 

31 minutes ago, Obrien2Toon said:

No I’m not calling anyone either or the other.

that was someone else who gave the tankers, a not real fan label.

Im just saying that from the people I know, the people that rooting for wins aren’t as into it as the tank crowd people I know.

Im sure there are “real fans” on both sides 

Tankers are simply misguided fans. 

Fans (it should be stressed) who have to root hard against their own team, and are angry and disappointed when their favorite team wins a game.

Their intentions are fine.  They, like normal fans, want to see the Jets win a Super Bowl.  

Sadly, their logic is deeply and fatally flawed, their analysis of this team and it's ability was and is flawed, and their investment in college QB's as sure-fire, unquestionable saviors of the future is misguided.

Also of note, we ALL agree we'd rather see Petty/Hack than McCown.  We ALL agree we'd rather see the young draft picks over vets like Forte and Kerley.  Root-for-Wins fans want wins with the youth, not the soon-to-be-gone-old-Vets.

And we all agree that once the Jets are out, being acceptive/supportive of losses is fine.  Week 1, lol, no.  Week 15 when we're 5-9 and out of the race, perfectly fine.

17 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

The official uniform of the One Marshmallow Mafia is pleated skirts and pom poms. Us in the Wu Tank Clan are eating ******* rocks and washing it down with gasoline and gator piss for the next three months hoping that this cycle of mediocrity is once and for all ended and we can all have have a period of sustained sunshine for once in our football lives like human beings.

We're winning bum fights with A 38-year old journeyman QB! YEEAAAAHHHHH! ALRIGHT!

At first, I was torn.... I see the upside of tanking, but when Sunday comes I'm all about the win.

At this point, after 2 wins, it's pretty unfeasible to think we will lose every game for the rest of the season. Darnold/Rosen are going 1-2. The tank is off. Win them all. It's Superbowl or bust now!

14 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

At first, I was torn.... I see the upside of tanking, but when Sunday comes I'm all about the win.

At this point, after 2 wins, it's pretty unfeasible to think we will lose every game for the rest of the season. Darnold/Rosen are going 1-2. The tank is off. Win them all. It's Superbowl or bust now!

or 6-10 and drafting defense!

Yay.

3 minutes ago, peebag said:

or 6-10 and drafting defense!

Yay.

The Jets do need a pass rusher and a CB to make up for Claiborne, who is closing in on 30 and going to chase the money coming off of his 1-year deal... BUT, the Jets took care of defense's biggest weakness last draft by solidifying the secondary with great rookies.

We still need many positions on offense. I think we go offense just based on odds alone.

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

The Jets will have virtually no hope of landing the No. 1 overall pick in next year's... http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0707594838446445158-4 

One way or another there will be at least one 0-5 team after this weekend. Two if we win vs. the Clowns, and three max if SF lose to Indy.

3-2 with three 0-5 teams would pretty much rule out the #1 pick.

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

Fans (it should be stressed) who have to root hard against their own team, and are angry and disappointed when their favorite team wins a game.

Their intentions are fine.  They, like normal fans, want to see the Jets win a Super Bowl.  

Sadly, their logic is deeply and fatally flawed, their analysis of this team and it's ability was and is flawed, and their investment in college QB's as sure-fire, unquestionable saviors of the future is misguided.

Also of note, we ALL agree we'd rather see Petty/Hack than McCown.  We ALL agree we'd rather see the young draft picks over vets like Forte and Kerley.  Root-for-Wins fans want wins with the youth, not the soon-to-be-gone-old-Vets.

And we all agree that once the Jets are out, being acceptive/supportive of losses is fine.  Week 1, lol, no.  Week 15 when we're 5-9 and out of the race, perfectly fine.

I pretty much agree with all of this. I said in another post that the Jets have pretty much done everything reasonably they can for a tank job. But the Jets have more talent than anybody realized, and they have much better assistant coaching than they did last year

Why aren't the Chargers ever mentioned...they look horrible. If anything happens to rivers it's guaranteed 0-16 for them. They just have the worst luck. Maybe they are tanking.
It's been mentioned before here the Browns have picked...what top 3 for maybe a DECADE ( give or take a year) or it just seems like it and they still absolutely suck.
I do think that the development with a winning culture even if it's just a few games for our rookies is far better than going no games . Maybe that's the issue in Cleveland all they know is losing. Jmho.

Sent from my Moto Z using JetNation.com mobile app

#realfans #normies

Surprised by your post. Would have pegged you to be among the tanker crowd.

I get into every game and during the game I want to win every game, having said that I voted TANK because I simply do not think the team can win enough to be close to the playoffs and this team has been in that bad draft zone of for years.

Looking at the last number of years, I would consider the 1st Ftiz 10 win year to be a success, the season was fun, the team won a lot of games and almost made the playoffs.  this picking 6-15 thing sucks though.  I also want our pick of QB in this draft.  I want to get the Qb they think is the best with no trade ups.

36 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Interesting. Why is that?

Just from reading your football analysis, I had the impression you would analyze the prospects of improving team strength through the draft with a high pick and go with that. Similar to a friend of mine who says if the Bears aren't going to win the SB, he'd prefer for them to lose every game. Except, of course, against the Pack. Can't imagine wanting to go through season after season wanting your team to lose every game.

7 hours ago, Warfish said:

I heard, and I have no way to verify this, that the tankers all only have one testicle. Not collectively, I heard they have one testicle each.

Again, I hate to pass this along because it is something that people are saying but I just don't know for sure.

Maybe @Gastineau Lives can shed some light on this situation for us.  :)

12 hours ago, Lith said:

Each week, I want to see the young guys play well and develop.  If guys like Adams, Maye, Mcguire, Ealy, Bass, Anderson, ASJ, young linemen continue to play and play well, then I am willing to live with the outcome win or loss.  Although to be honest with myself, I would prefer the loss.  I get that there are never guarantees around the top picks, but the odds are better the higher we pick.

I am rooting for this team to win a Super Bowl someday.  I am old enough to have seen the last one, and it has been 49 long years.  The team needs a franchise QB and the higher we pick the better the odds are that we get our guy.  I get that our guy, even at #1 could turn out to be Jamarcus Russell or Tim Couch just as easily as John Elway or Peyton Manning.  If a loss on Sunday will somehow improve our odds of a SB -- even a little bit -- then that is what I want to see.

Which is fine, but then you get to pick again.  Right now, the Jets are the best of the bad teams.  That's not a good thing.

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Almost doesn't count only in horse shoes and hand grenades.

This one testicle theory is starting to gain a little traction. "I almost blew off both my balls. Luckily I still have one", said the tanker.

2 hours ago, Maxman said:

I heard, and I have no way to verify this, that the tankers all only have one testicle. Not collectively, I heard they have one testicle each.

Again, I hate to pass this along because it is something that people are saying but I just don't know for sure.

Maybe @Gastineau Lives can shed some light on this situation for us.  :)

That's a low blow, Max. My one testicle and I are very upset at you.

You'll be hearing from my urologist.

7 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

Wins this year mean more Bowles and years out of the playoffs. Losses mean competing for Superbowl for a decade and a new HC. This isn't rocket science people.

Haha... That's quite the theory, assumption, speculation and guess... Which, it turns out, is actually not rocket SCIENCE. 

Archived