WTF Happened to Nick Folk?

ASH1962

5 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Does he get released on the plane or first thing in the morning Monday. He missed two simple FGs. Either one goes in Tampa wins that game. BTW, NE looks like a very average team. They should have lost again.

I want to say Folk cost them with missed FGs in another game this year too

21 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I want to say Folk cost them with missed FGs in another game this year too

He missed 2 last week but they still beat the vagiants, currently a 54% FG kicker who also missed a couple of extra points this year = chopping block for sure, his best game was a blowout loss to the Vikings so no pressure, something got in his head 

He made about 9.5m in his career with the Jets so he should not be homeless when he is fired 

6 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Does he get released on the plane or first thing in the morning Monday. He missed two simple FGs. Either one goes in Tampa wins that game. BTW, NE looks like a very average team. They should have lost again.

He missed two extra points last season, one of which cost us the home opener against Cincy. Wasn't too hard to figure out that he was on the decline. Missing 2yd xtra pts is pretty inexcusable

1 hour ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

He missed 2 last week but they still beat the vagiants, currently a 54% FG kicker who also missed a couple of extra points this year = chopping block for sure, his best game was a blowout loss to the Vikings so no pressure, something got in his head 

He made about 9.5m in his career with the Jets so he should not be homeless when he is fired 

I was thinking the same thing, then it dawned on me that it's their home field and the opposing kicker wasn't missing .  I was replying to @KRL and I have no idea how this happened .

2 hours ago, Freemanm said:

He missed two extra points last season, one of which cost us the home opener against Cincy. Wasn't too hard to figure out that he was on the decline. Missing 2yd xtra pts is pretty inexcusable

FWIW they aren't 2 yards anymore.  They kick from the 15 (so 32 yards total).  A good kicker should still should make 95%+ of them.

14 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

That was th worst kicking performance I seen in 20 years. I watched the giants game last week to when he missed a couple. I think he literally has missed 5 of his last 7

Yeah it wasnt that he missed it was that he wasnt even close.

After the game the Buc's said " But you don't want to make any rash decisions." in regards to making a call on Folk's future... I kind of think we're past the "rash decision" phase... He's been awful.

He's missed 5 of his last 6 fieldgoals, plus an extra point. 

3 hours ago, KRL said:

I wonder if something is "off" with the field down there.  Folk was a reliable kicker now he looks lost.

He cost them the game

It's just him losing confidence. Especially after it piles up one after the other. Pats kicker was just fine last night on that field. 

3 hours ago, JiF said:

He’s a kicker.  Who cares?  It’s not like Cantanzaro is automatic.

This may be true, but at least Catanzaro can kick-off 4 yds deep into the end zone with regularity - something Folk could never do.

I'm glad Macc finally pulled the plug on Folk - if it was my decision, Folk would have been gone 2 seasons ago.

But hey, better late than never.

4 hours ago, KRL said:

I wonder if something is "off" with the field down there.  Folk was a reliable kicker now he looks lost.

He cost them the game

Dont know - the guy was absolute money for most of his Jet life.

Archived