This Will Create A Long Thread

KRL

13 hours ago, Warfish said:

Darnold at 11?  Utterly unsurprising.

I keep telling the suck for Sam guys, he'll very possibly be available where we wind up picking.

Of course, by then, they won't want the Sam they pined for for a year, they'll be demanding Rosen, or Allen or some other flavor of the moment.

This is exhibit A why worrying about the draft in Week 1 is dumb.  Week 5?  Still dumb.  

I don't know what the QB ranking will be by the end of the year, so I agree with you there, but I'm pretty confident that whatever the order ends of being, the top three on that list will go in the high end of the top ten picks in the draft. So I really can't see D'Arnold going at 11, even if he drops to third on the list. Other than Rosen, are any of the other guys not projects?

3 hours ago, jetrider said:

1st

Sam Darnold

USC

QB

3So

Athletically gifted signal caller very rough around the edges.  A playmaker at the QB position with the “it” factor yet throws to many interceptions and plays to much sandlot football.

Rosen, Allen, Falk, etc., ... don't have "it". Jackson could be another Vick. 

what are you basing this on exactly. I'd love hear a breakdown of how Darnold has more "it" than Rosen.

2 hours ago, kelly said:

image.jpg

Um.....might want to relook at those numbers.

Jim Kelly was 0-0 in the Super Bowl?  I thought he was 0-3.

John Elway was 0-3 in Super Bowls?  I thought he won two, right?  Also pretty sure he had 300 TD's.

Rather then check any other numbers (um, Kelly played/started 160 games, not 57 ffs) I'm just going to say that chart is perhaps slightly inaccurate, and leave it at that.

OH ffs I get it now, only through 1989.  Nice way to skew that chart and hide the reason in the footnates, lol.

Career number of gtfo.

13 hours ago, Jack Straw said:

I don't understand the folks who are all-in on Sam Darnold. If you have to re-teach someone how to throw a football once they enter the NFL, they cannot be the #1 QB in the class. Josh Rosen is light years ahead of him.

You mean like Aaron Rodgers?

This isn't a Hackenberg situation where he can't hit the broadside of a barn.  He's pretty accurate.  Rosen is ahead of him for sure, but Sam has more of a "forcing things" and "playing hero ball" issue right now.  He just needs to calm down.

55 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Um.....might want to relook at those numbers.

Jim Kelly was 0-0 in the Super Bowl?  I thought he was 0-3.

John Elway was 0-3 in Super Bowls?  I thought he won two, right?  Also pretty sure he had 300 TD's.

Rather then check any other numbers (um, Kelly played/started 160 games, not 57 ffs) I'm just going to say that chart is perhaps slightly inaccurate, and leave it at that.

OH ffs I get it now, only through 1989.  Nice way to skew that chart and hide the reason in the footnates, lol.

Career number of gtfo.

That was also before Eli's second super bowl. Pretty sure it's set up to reflect the same point in each draft classes career.

7 hours ago, HighPitch said:

Im not a paid writer. If i were id proofread everything.

Here, the name of the game is speed i just type away with no regard to the proper conventions of writing

speed?  yet you find the time to criticize someone's spelling or grammar.  Uh-huh.

52 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

You mean like Aaron Rodgers?

This isn't a Hackenberg situation where he can't hit the broadside of a barn.  He's pretty accurate.  Rosen is ahead of him for sure, but Sam has more of a "forcing things" and "playing hero ball" issue right now.  He just needs to calm down.

Aaron Rodgers didn't have to relearn how to throw a football. He was an ear-thrower in college because that's the way he was taught told hold the ball in Jeff Tedford's spread/quick passing attack, which theoretically allowed him to have a quicker release. It wasn't "natural" for him and so he stopped doing it in the pros. All he did was he change where he held the ball prior to his throws, which is a tweak and not a complete tear down.

Darnold's windup is bizarre and will cause him some problems. I know he's been working to shorten his motion, but sans a complete teardown, I don't know how much better it will get. I do agree that he's plenty accurate, even with his stupid windup. Some guys (Philip Rivers) have had success with strange deliveries, but many others (Leftwich, David Carr, Tebow) weren't able to adjust their mechanics enough to be successful in the pros. 

26 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

Aaron Rodgers didn't have to relearn how to throw a football. He was an ear-thrower in college because that's the way he was taught told hold the ball in Jeff Tedford's spread/quick passing attack, which theoretically allowed him to have a quicker release. It wasn't "natural" for him and so he stopped doing it in the pros. All he did was he change where he held the ball prior to his throws, which is a tweak and not a complete tear down.

Darnold's windup is bizarre and will cause him some problems. I know he's been working to shorten his motion, but sans a complete teardown, I don't know how much better it will get. I do agree that he's plenty accurate, even with his stupid windup. Some guys (Philip Rivers) have had success with strange deliveries, but many others (Leftwich, David Carr, Tebow) weren't able to adjust their mechanics enough to be successful in the pros. 

Look at tape of Rodgers his rookie year in Green Bay.  It's not up for a debate.  His mechanics are entirely different.  Lower, upper, everything.  He was absolutely still ear throwing and McCarthy called him a "mechanical mess" when he arrived in GB and the changes made to him were far more than a few "tweaks".  His development in that area was far more than just "stop throwing from your ear".

https://youtube.com/5U23QDOcBXI

Darnold's wind up is unorthodox but his release time is what would cause issues, something it hasn't done because it's on par with an NFL QB.

1 hour ago, maury77 said:

I'm starting to warm up to the idea of Lamar Jackson if we can't select Rosen or Darnold. I honestly think Jackson has the best arm of the 3. He has also been staying in the pocket more this season. 

He's awful.

47 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

He's awful.

Aw cmon now. He's got lots of game left in him. 

On the Darnold front; pretty average game today. couple of bad turnovers, couple of nice throws. He's an NFL QB, but he's not helping his draft stock this year - too high strung. He's clearly behind Rosen at this point, and debateably that far ahead of others like Falk. 

2 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Look at tape of Rodgers his rookie year in Green Bay.  It's not up for a debate.  His mechanics are entirely different.  Lower, upper, everything.  He was absolutely still ear throwing and McCarthy called him a "mechanical mess" when he arrived in GB and the changes made to him were far more than a few "tweaks".  His development in that area was far more than just "stop throwing from your ear".

https://youtube.com/5U23QDOcBXI

Darnold's wind up is unorthodox but his release time is what would cause issues, something it hasn't done because it's on par with an NFL QB.

Brett Hundley, sign me up for him, looks like McCarthy has fixed him real nice, and the added mobility he has being dual threat makes him even more desirable in my book.

Archived