### Jets \ Browns -- (Let's Get Over .500) Game Thread ###

Maxman

20 minutes ago, JiF said:

It’s curios to me why they’re playing zone vs. Kevin Hogan.

18 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

His "wind-up motion" gives you an extra 1-2 seconds to close in w/out risking a PI/Holding penalty.

16 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

He CAN scramble. He's a nimble-footed QB.

15 minutes ago, JiF said:

So is Kizer

14 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

Hogan has a year on Kizer in the Pros and 2 more years of starting experience in college. 

Hogan has already led them to more scoring than Kizer has all game.

12 minutes ago, JiF said:

Cool.  Wtf does that have to with not sitting back in coverage giving him time and easy reads? 

9 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

I answered your question AS TO WHY Hogan was in there now instead of Kizer. :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

I never asked that question.  Haha :) 

Yeah  . . .  ok. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Lil Woody said:

Yes.  Let's support the Jets winning meaningless games against horrible teams. 

What a ******* wasted season.  We are struggling to beat the Browns and Jags, but I'm supposed to be super pumped that we are going to get those wins early before we get slaughtered the rest of the way and miss out on getting a QB and ever being a legitimate contender because....that's what good fans do. 

I'M SUPER PUMPED. 

Jets are a ******* joke of an organization.

Whether me or you root for or against the team to lose, it has no impact on the game being played....The Jets aren't going to lose more games because more people are rooting against them.

It is what it is. I'm a Jets fan, so when they win games early in the season i'm happy. If we have 4 wins in December then I get wanting the team to lose a little more than I do right now.

If the Jets have the right guys in charge they'll be ok. If they don't, then it doesn't matter where they pick anyway. That's how I look at it.

I want to see Petty out there, too, but part of me feels he’d have been knocked out of this game long ago. I’m not sure if there are a half dozen drop backs where McCown had a full 2 seconds to throw, and 2 of them were on that last drive. 

Easy to type that Petty couldn’t do any worse, but no matter how much I’d rather he was out there instead, the truth is he could be far worse. Particularly with no supporting running game to lean on.

5 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

Jags handing it to Pittsburgh. But the Jets only beat bad teams!!

Considering that they've lost to the Bears and have only beaten the Bradford-less Vikings, the Browns and the Ravens, I think it might be time to admit that the Steelers are a bad team who's record doesn't reflect that just yet.  Just like us.

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

The 49ers and Browns pick 1 and 2 ...reaaaalllly starting to become obvious now. 

I actually had a fan on Twitter tell me that he would be pumped for Minkah Fitzpatrick and 7-9.

6 minutes ago, prime21 said:

The Jets are a better team than Cleveland.  Regardless of record or "tanking", this was the game on the schedule that we should have won.

Hard to say. They’ve left between 12-17 points on the field today on 3 plays and a play call:  2 missed FGs from Gonzalez, Kizer throwing a careless pick in/at the Jets’ EZ, and Hue Jackson not taking an easy 3 points in a 3 point game. 

edit: this doesn’t count the other one I forgot about — the Kizer off-target flip. Browns fumble without anyone on the Jets touching a Browns player.

Just now, ScarletKnight89 said:

Whether me or you root for or against the team to lose, it has no impact on the game being played....The Jets aren't going to lose more games because more people are rooting against them.

It is what it is. I'm a Jets fan, so when they win games early in the season i'm happy. If we have 4 wins in December then I get wanting the team to lose a little more than I do right now.

If the Jets have the right guys in charge they'll be ok. If they don't, then it doesn't matter where they pick anyway. That's how I look at it.

If they don't have the right guys, they get fired.  But then we will still miss out on a QB for the next guys. 

Sorry.  The dysfunction on this team is from the very tiop.  As long as we have a Woody setting the tone for the organization and creating a backwards reporting structure, we will never be a legitimate franchise. 

The problem here is that the NFL keeps rewarding losers. The draft order has to change. First round pick should go to the super bowl winner.

Super bowl winners are fit the most part accomplished and rounded teams with fewer holes than other teams. Giving the champion the first round pick will make the draft more strategic and interesting. You still have trades so no problem there.

Only enabling such a change will terminate this completely misguided intention of tanking seasons.

Archived