### Jets \ Browns -- (Let's Get Over .500) Game Thread ###

Maxman

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Hard to say. They’ve left between 12-17 points on the field today on 3 plays and a play call:  2 missed FGs from Gonzalez, Kizer throwing a careless pick in/at the Jets’ EZ, and Hue Jackson not taking an easy 3 points in a 3 point game. 

Definitely today Cleveland has looked better this game up until a  little while ago.  I meant team wise, roster wise, we are a better team...not by much though

Just now, Lil Woody said:

Probably just to remind you of what a salty little pussy you were/are.  Wahhh somebody's words hurt me.  Eat sh*t pussy.

He's back. Watch the game MOMSER. Or prattle on about the same bullsh*t over and over and over again

ASJ is doing what I seeked.

Browns TOOK US TO THE SHED on HOW TO TANK.

Hogan is LEGIT

I'm now going to focus on declining Tix prices for tonight's MUST WIN and RALLY TIME game of the Yanks v. the Wahoos of Ohio

9 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Whether me or you root for or against the team to lose, it has no impact on the game being played....The Jets aren't going to lose more games because more people are rooting against them.

Wait... are you sure about this?

1 minute ago, prime21 said:

Definitely today Cleveland has looked better this game up until a  little while ago.  I meant team wise, roster wise, we are a better team...not by much though

Meh, I don’t know. I just edited above, but I also forgot an unforced fumble from Kizer at the start of the game, also in chipshot FG range.

They should be killing us. Few mistakes that aren’t representative of the entire rosters, and they really should be killing us.

I’m not in deep envy of the Browns, but we don’t have a lot to be excited about. We got outplayed by the Browns today.

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

Was that @joewilly12?

It didn't read like "OK MINKAH. IM ALL IN.  GO GET THIS BEASTMODE PLAYER.  GO JETS."

He also didn't make a scene about how he put me on ignore, psot a screenshot of it, then continue to berate me in private messages so people didn't find out that he didn't, in fact, put me on ignore for disagreeing with him

7 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I actually had a fan on Twitter tell me that he would be pumped for Minkah Fitzpatrick and 7-9.

Yeah I can't do twitter for that exact reason. What does that seven wins do for you? Moral justice? I'm just not.....understanding. 9ers could **** around and pick Rosen instead of signing Cousins. Browns will get him if Darnold doesn't declare. It's just to the point where every option to get our guy is gone. And people will talk and talk about "we'll get someone this offseason and who ever it is we will be content..we don't know if Rosen will even be good!" Until it's this same exact date next year and we are crying like babies over it. Jet fans are disgustingly hypocritical. I fully expect people to switch to their 2017 opinions in 2018. Like I said..I tried to post enjoy the wins but it's the way we are winning that is soul draining. This sh*t blows. 

1 minute ago, Lil Woody said:

If they don't have the right guys, they get fired.  But then we will still miss out on a QB for the next guys. 

Sorry.  The dysfunction on this team is from the very tiop.  As long as we have a Woody setting the tone for the organization and creating a backwards reporting structure, we will never be a legitimate franchise. 

I don't understand how they are dysfunctional by winning 3 games in a row. The goal of playing a game is to win it. You seem like you're mad at them because they dare win football games. I wanna see Petty in there also but if the team is winning games early in the season then pulling McCown makes no sense. If they lose the next 3 after this i'm sure a change will be on the horizon. The Jets know they need a QB.

You're entitled to your opinion but i'm not going to root against my team in early October when the team is 2-2 out of the gates. We don't know what any of these kids who may or may not even be declaring for the NFL draft are going to be. You have to let things play out. So many variables between now and the next draft. JMO.

3 minutes ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

The problem here is that the NFL keeps rewarding losers. The draft order has to change. First round pick should go to the super bowl winner.

Super bowl winners are fit the most part accomplished and rounded teams with fewer holes than other teams. Giving the champion the first round pick will make the draft more strategic and interesting. You still have trades so no problem there.

Only enabling such a change will terminate this completely misguided intention of tanking seasons.

Could not agree more.

There should consequences for losing. The NFL enables underachievement. 

1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Meh, I don’t know. I just edited above, but I also forgot an unforced fumble from Kizer at the start of the game, also in chipshot FG range.

They should be killing us. Few mistakes that aren’t representative of the entire rosters, and they really should be killing us.

Yeah, take away all the Jets bad plays and they should be killing the Browns 

Just now, Sperm Edwards said:

Yup. But everything is going to be fine.  Just enjoy beating horrible teams and missing out on QBs.  It's cool.  We can just try to pay a fortune to trade up unless that team, you know, needs a QB. 

But hey...we have 80m in FA dollars to spend!!!  Maybe we can get Alex ******* Smith!!!!!

Just now, Larz said:

Yeah, take away all the Jets bad plays and they should be killing the Browns 

You don’t think there’s a difference between plays in which we got outplayed, and 2 missed FGs, a fumble where no one on the Jets was near them, and their HC declining sure points in a 3-point game?

Yeah we’ve been having our way with them all day. jYou can go with that. 

2 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I don't understand how they are dysfunctional by winning 3 games in a row. The goal of playing a game is to win it. You seem like you're mad at them because they dare win football games. I wanna see Petty in there also but if the team is winning games early in the season then pulling McCown makes no sense. If they lose the next 3 after this i'm sure a change will be on the horizon. The Jets know they need a QB.

You're entitled to your opinion but i'm not going to root against my team in early October when the team is 2-2 out of the gates. We don't know what any of these kids who may or may not even be declaring for the NFL draft are going to be. You have to let things play out. So many variables between now and the next draft. JMO.

It's how they got to 2-2 that is dissatisfiing. I can't stand McCown man. I'm sorry. I really can't.

1 minute ago, Irish Jet said:

Could not agree more.

There should consequences for losing. The NFL enables underachievement. 

Agreed on consequences... Ideally, the players of the last place team would all be executed after week 17.

I can just hear Ray Lucas on SNY post game saying 'hey we won the game. Who cares we got beat down, played like sh*t on toast.  This is what it's about- winning games you should have lost blah blah blah'. Love ya Ray but you're a dick. 

5 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

If Hogan had started the game, the score would probably be quite different.

3 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Don't forget the Jets D is missing their 2nd, and 3rd CB, and best pass rusher on D.  The only reason the Browns had those opportunities in the 1st half was because of how inept the Jets offense was, Morton made some very good half time adjustments, and Hogan handing us that first TD got the ball rolling.  Can't wait for the Jets to win 10 games next year with Drew Brees at QB to only get out asses kicked in the playoffs because Brees is terrible in the outdoors in the cold Northeast.

5 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Yeah I can't do twitter for that exact reason. What does that seven wins do for you? Moral justice? I'm just not.....understanding. 9ers could **** around and pick Rosen instead of signing Cousins. Browns will get him if Darnold doesn't declare. It's just to the point where every option to get our guy is gone. And people will talk and talk about "we'll get someone this offseason and who ever it is we will be content..we don't know if Rosen will even be good!" Until it's this same exact date next year and we are crying like babies over it. Jet fans are disgustingly hypocritical. I fully expect people to not switch to their 2017 opinions in 2018. Like I said..I tried to post enjoy the wins but it's the way we are winning that is soul draining. This sh*t blows. 

I dealt with this exact line of thinking all week on here and I could feel the years coming off of my life out of frustration.

I could almost hear my father telling me that same line of BS ~18 years ago and yet here we are.  He's even gotten tired of that garbage and he is, without a doubt, one of the more optimistic fans I've ever been around.  If that guy could get behind a tank, you know our situation is bad.

7 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Can't force losses. We've been the better team for 3 straight games. Bowles has a young team that's growing together, we just need that QB.

In such a 'deep class', we don't need a top 3 pick to get a quarterback.

There are so many variables. The Jets could finish with the 10th pick and someone could fall to us, or we could trade up. Or we could not win another game the rest of the season after this game and being in a good spot to draft a top college QB. Or we could be targeting someone in FA like Garapolo. Way to many variables for people to be panicking about their team winning games in October IMO.

Archived