### Jets \ Browns -- (Let's Get Over .500) Game Thread ###

Maxman

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Don't forget the Jets D is missing their 2nd, and 3rd CB, and best pass rusher on D.  The only reason the Browns had those opportunities in the 1st half was because of how inept the Jets offense was, Morton made some very good half time adjustments, and Hogan handing us that first TD got the ball rolling.  Can't wait for the Jets to win 10 games next year with Drew Brees at QB to only get out asses kicked in the playoffs because Brees is terrible in the outdoors in the cold Northeast.

Yawn, the Browns put their 2nd-best QB on the field for the first half of the game. Their best overall player only saw 10 snaps on D because he’s been injured all season. 2nd best CB, lol. Who, Burris?

3 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

You don’t think there’s a difference between plays in which we got outplayed, and 2 missed FGs, a fumble where no one on the Jets was near them, and their HC declining sure points in a 3-point game?

Yeah we’ve been having our way with them all day. jYou can go with that. 

That TD doesn't count 

Take it away Jets are still good 

3 minutes ago, Lil Woody said:

Yup. But everything is going to be fine.  Just enjoy beating horrible teams and missing out on QBs.  It's cool.  We can just try to pay a fortune to trade up unless that team, you know, needs a QB. 

But hey...we have 80m in FA dollars to spend!!!  Maybe we can get Alex ******* Smith!!!!!

Tanking is not a fool proof strategy. Evidence: The Browns. 

I'd rather have a growing young nucleolus with some potential to grow then nothing instead of betting years and years of hope on a dice roll that 1 single pick will work out. 

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

Why? The Browns Kicker is going to suck less with a QB change? Kizer was moving the offense fine. 

Kizer turned it over all by himself, inside the Jets’ 5-yard line, twice in half a game. 

He’d have been more successful - both times - if he took the snap and then curled up in fetal position with the ball.

Just now, DMan77 said:

Tanking is not a fool proof strategy. Evidence: The Browns. 

I'd rather have a growing young nucleolus with some potential to grow then nothing instead of betting years and years of hope on a dice roll that 1 single pick will work out. 

You mean like the Browns showed that they have but we didn't because we're playing a 38 year old sh*tstain?

Just now, Sperm Edwards said:

Kizer turned it over all by himself, inside the Jets’ 5-yard line, twice in half a game. 

He’d have been more successful - both times - if he took the snap and then curled up in fetal position with the ball.

The INT was on him. The fumble was not. You can’t call that play at the 5 yard line and the running back has to get that ball. 

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I dealt with this exact line of thinking all week on here and I could feel the years coming off my life out of frustration.

I could almost hear my father telling me that same line of BS ~18 years ago and yet here we are.  He's even gotten tired of that garbage and he is, without a doubt, one of the more optimistic fans I've ever been around.  If that guy could get behind a tank, you know our situation is bad.

Lions went 0-16 = Stafford = Success

Panthers went = 2-14 = Cam = Success

Colts went = 2-14 = Luck = Success

Tampa went 1-15 = Winston = Success

Titans stumbled around for years until Mariota was awarded to them after 3 wins.

Rosen might not work? Heh..I'll take my damn chances.

3 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I don't understand how they are dysfunctional by winning 3 games in a row. The goal of playing a game is to win it. You seem like you're mad at them because they dare win football games. I wanna see Petty in there also but if the team is winning games early in the season then pulling McCown makes no sense. If they lose the next 3 after this i'm sure a change will be on the horizon. The Jets know they need a QB.

You're entitled to your opinion but i'm not going to root against my team in early October when the team is 2-2 out of the gates. We don't know what any of these kids who may or may not even be declaring for the NFL draft are going to be. You have to let things play out. So many variables between now and the next draft. JMO.

If this were real sports, with a focus on recruiting.  I'd agree.  But it isn't.  It's NFL bullsh*t drama.  They made it so that if you don't have a QB you have no shot at contending.  When you minimize other positions like they have, the focus on winning becomes marginalized.  You are not going to be winning much w/o a QB.  So it becomes a chicken/egg scenario.  The system in place to get talent is the draft.  We don't get to win and point to that and get recruits to see that we are really trying and winning and a good place to come to.  It's a draft based system and we are doing everything we can to take ourselves out of the running.   So we can go out an win games with veteran scrubs like McCown and Kerley and pretend that it's a good thing or we ca be honest about who we are and how good we are and stop elevating our talent levels with short term bandaids that take us out of draft position through winning meaningless games against similarly bad competition. 

We are just letting people cut us in line to get a QB.  And we will come up empty handed again. 

HOORAY THOUGH!  We are 3-2!!!!  And now we start to play good teams. 

Archived