### Jets \ Browns -- (Let's Get Over .500) Game Thread ###

Maxman

The Jets USED to be underdogs for this game by some 10+ points back in August, IIRC:

"The Jets are 8-point underdogs at Buffalo in the season opener. With a bad performance, Salmons said the Jets could easily be 17-point underdogs in Week 2 at Oakland and potentially 10-point underdogs at Cleveland in Week 5. . . .The Browns have not been a double-digit favorite in any game since the 2007 season."

NOW, they're favored to win. It's a CLASSIC Jets-ian Trap game: Jets will lead, blow lead late and lose a CLOSE one as time expires. Book it. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Aren't you curious to see if Bates and Morton could have Petty playing pretty good (or better)?

They are already on record as having evaluated him as a backup based on his starts last year. 

There is nothing wrong with that, every team needs a backup, add that he is on his rookie deal and it's a good situation. 

The average career for NFL QBs is 3 years. They have to prove themselves in the weight room, meeting room, practice field and seize any opportunity they get. 

Petty did not do enough with his opportunity. 

I like Petty, he isn't afraid to push the ball down field, he's a good athlete, good kid. 

I know the backup QB is always popular, I just don't see the benefit of force feeding petty 

I'd McCown gets hurt and petty plays great, good for us. You all can jump on me and say I was posting he sucks and post wwf gifs, have fun with it. 

All I have been saying is it was a mistake to bring McCown in here in the first place, but now that he is here he starts because he is better than petty and that's just how it works. 

I have also said that could change when the Jets gets mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. 

Here's the thing 

Don't be shocked if Hackenberg is the guy who gets the start. 

Not because of politics or Jets stupidity, but because they have evaluated Petty as a backup but Hackenberg is an enigma. 

That's just how I have interpreted the Jets decisions. 

8 minutes ago, Larz said:

They are already on record as having evaluated him as a backup based on his starts last year. 

There is nothing wrong with that, every team needs a backup, add that he is on his rookie deal and it's a good situation. 

The average career for NFL QBs is 3 years. They have to prove themselves in the weight room, meeting room, practice field and seize any opportunity they get. 

Petty did not do enough with his opportunity. 

I like Petty, he isn't afraid to push the ball down field, he's a good athlete, good kid. 

I know the backup QB is always popular, I just don't see the benefit of force feeding petty 

I'd McCown gets hurt and petty plays great, good for us. You all can jump on me and say I was posting he sucks and post wwf gifs, have fun with it. 

All I have been saying is it was a mistake to bring McCown in here in the first place, but now that he is here he starts because he is better than petty and that's just how it works. 

I have also said that could change when the Jets gets mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. 

Here's the thing 

Don't be shocked if Hackenberg is the guy who gets the start. 

Not because of politics or Jets stupidity, but because they have evaluated Petty as a backup but Hackenberg is an enigma. 

That's just how I have interpreted the Jets decisions. 

I think Petty is next man up with the Jets. And one way or the other he should play this season. He had 4 starts last year and didn't look good but it usually takes at least 12 starts for a Qb to know what he's doing on the field. And for things to slow down. I thought he looked good in pre-season but he got injured and it slowed down his progress. Right now you have to stay with McCown but if he gets injured or is ineffective you go to Petty. Unless we're in contention I give Petty all of the December starts. If he's terrible make room for Hack. It's possible we could have a completely new Qb room new year.

Kizer is having baptism under fire. I'm not a fan of it because I don't like losing games. I know plenty of fans on this board are. He could like the Rams kid end up  learning a lot and doing well in the future. Eventually you have to give these guys starts. But to me they should be more ready. 

1 hour ago, thebuzzardman said:

What compelled them to show this uncompelling game? 

The NFL has to show all road games in local markets even if the team sucks (which was the Jets forecast).

So with the Jets and Giants on simultaneously at 1pm it allowed FOX to air Packers Cowboys and guarantee that 100% of the New York market would not be distracted by the local teams' broadcasts.

SAR I

55 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The NY Jets are 2-2 through 4 many had them going 0-16 the fact that the negativity continues is very disturbing.  Aren't we all Jets fans?  Look for the positives.  

3-2 after today with a weak NE team coming to town next week. 

They may have to Breakdown, even be Free Fallin' a bit until they are at Square One.  Then they can begin Learning to Fly.  Just remember, The Waiting is the Hardest Part.

36 minutes ago, BRONX DUDE said:

CBS TOOK GIANTS CHARGERS GAME AT 1PM

CAN YOU BLAME CBS ??????????????

Lets' see, let's go with 0-8 vs. 2-6.  Yep...that's a solid choice by CBS (not that they really had a good option there anyway).

Archived