### Jets \ Browns -- (Let's Get Over .500) Game Thread ###

Maxman

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

No. I am just getting annoyed with people littering this board rooting against the Jets. I will shut this site down before that becomes allowed here.

Look, Max. 

No one is questioning your authority here. You are the admin of this great forum ...but c'mon.. some of us are actually really valued posters here and we simply have a different out look. Can't it be viewed as just any other opinion that has lasted around here for some lengthy amount of time. Been here since 13' and there have been so many times where us, the fans have been divided by opinion difference on Geno...Sanchez...Rex..etc and it hasn't resulted in a ban. Why now, why this and why so dictating with the subject. I'm not here to tell you how to do anything. I'm enjoying a product of your hard work and creation... I'm just not understanding the harshness..annoyed or not.

4 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

COLD BLOODED!!!!

Just like McCown said:

tenor.gif

I LIKE.:D

I thought I was the only one that saw the Drago connection. I will have to go Rocky IV to start the game thread next week.
Can't wait until the beat the Patriots. What a magical season it is going to be.  :)

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

Look, Max. 

No one is questioning your authority here. You are the admin of this great forum ...but c'mon.. some of us are actually really valued posters here and we simply have a different out look. Can't it be viewed as just any other opinion that has lasted around here for some lengthy amount of time. Been here since 13' and there have been so many times where us, the fans have been divided by opinion difference on Geno...Sanchez...Rex..etc and it hasn't resulted in a ban. Why now, why this and why so dictating with the subject. I'm not here to tell you how to do anything. I'm enjoying a product of your hard work and creation... I'm just not understanding the harshness..annoyed or not.

Max's rules seem pretty clear:  No rooting against the team this site exists to root FOR in one thread a week and one thread only, the game thread.

People who can't respect that VERY minimal limitation really need to take a look in the mirror.

10,000 other thread to root for losses in.  Let the fans who root FOR the JETS have their one thread ffs.

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I thought I was the only one that saw the Drago connection. I will have to go Rocky IV to start the game thread next week.
Can't wait until the beat the Patriots. What a magical season it is going to be.  :)

Word. Playing for first place next week is about as climactic as our symbolic mid-80's Cold War era propaganda fluff!

I'll be cheering there next week and have 2 extra for those interested 

Now to score some Yankee Tix and witness the Sunday Sweep of NY over Cleveland!

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

Look, Max. 

People read the game thread to root for the Jets.

So this stuff can be done in other threads. I have typed it out 10,000 times. If a Patriots fan were rooting against the Jets in the game thread, they would be banned. We haven't banned a single Jets fan for rooting against the Jets. Everyone is free to do what makes them happy.

Nobody can actively root for the Jets to lose in the game thread. That is all there is to it.

One person got banned today for personal attacks and vulgar cursing. Nobody has even received a warning for rooting against the Jets.

But the draft is in 2018. So there are other threads for the draft. This thread is for the Jets game today. Which they won.

You don't have to outright root for them to loose.  They score a td and what?  You're booing?  C'mon, we can't do that here.  I understand the tanking.  This is supposed to be a really bad year for us.  I accepted that and expected many losses (which is till a strong possibility).  The difference for me is that if the Jets loose, I probably won't be as dissapointed as i normally am after a loss because I can look ahead to the future.  But when the whistle blows, we go out there and root for success.  Let the chips fall where they may.  None of these prospects are Peyton or Luck (not that he's done anything yet). 

Just now, Spoot-Face said:

Angry Max is scary.

mg7ts.gif?w=676

LOL.

Watching the end of the game, getting 4 emails of notifications with reported posts. Shouldn't be that way. The Jets won, they are not getting the first pick.

I was laughed at all offseason for saying the Jets wouldn't have a top 5 pick. I was laughed at for saying the Jets defense could win 6 games alone.

Now that is is happening and people are surprised. All they had to do is read my posts and they would have known how this was going to play out.  :)

18 minutes ago, jetgreen13 said:

i think a very good case could be made petty won the the 3 man (in name only) competition.. if that's true, mccown should not be in position to lose the starting job, because he never should have had it in the first place..

& bowles isn't benching mccown at least until we are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs.. nothing about his track record here suggests otherwise..

Maybe, maybe not. I guess we'll see.

11 minutes ago, August said:

These wins are reminding me of 2015 with a sprinkle of 2010 lol. 

Seriously?

THIS season reminds you of 2010, the year in which we had one of our best teams in recent memory? Even the 2015 team was pretty good!

Just now, prime21 said:

You don't have to outright root for them to loose.  They score a td and what?  You're booing?  C'mon, we can't do that here.  I understand the tanking.  This is supposed to be a really bad year for us.  I accepted that and expected many losses (which is till a strong possibility).  The difference for me is that if the Jets loose, I probably won't be as dissapointed as i normally am after a loss because I can look ahead to the future.  But when the whistle blows, we go out there and root for success.  Let the chips fall where they may.  None of these prospects are Peyton or Luck (not that he's done anything yet). 

See that isn't me though. I just dont particularly feel great about the overall result. If it was Petty..well then hell yeah. Let's root away..but I guess I'll end it there. I've got such a headache today.

25 minutes ago, Lil Woody said:

Yeah. MAYBE.  But this team is a train wreck and we are bad in a year when it's good to be bad and we just can't wait to find a way to f*ck it all up.  Getting Garrapolo or Alex Smith is all just more of the same failures.  Jets are far too stupid and dysfunctional of an organization to have things break their way and fall into place for them. The variables you mention never work out in our favor.  If we don't find a way to turn this organization around in spite of itself, they will be doomed to go from doormat to 9-7 playoff pretender and back down to doormat for another 10 years.

But you're acting like Darnold and Rosen are a sure thing and they aren't. That's all i'm saying. The best QB to come out of next years draft could be some guy nobody is even talking about right now. There's to many unknowns to worry about tanking an entire season for a guy in Darnold whose a 20 year old kid. That's all.

1 minute ago, BigO said:

Ok but not only MY opinion. It's the opinion of half the posters on this board. We are tired of this viscous cycle and we want the 2nd coming of Joe Namath- not the 2nd coming of Babe Parelli. Regardless I bleed GREEN. 

Two things:

1) Understand and sympathize with the POV, but the game thread in week 5 isn’t the place to openly root for the Jets to lose. Freedom of speech does not exist in @Maxman‘s Jet Nation. We are all about teh censorship.

2) Just hold onto the hope that, despite the preseason and early season rankings, that the best QB in the draft isn’t among the first 2-3 QBs taken, and that we get lucky enough to end up with this year’s Prescott, Wilson, (Derek) Carr, Roethlisberger, etc.

Once we’re way out of mathematical contention, and if it’s the last game of the year with the top QB pick on the line with the Jets at 3-12 after dropping 10 in a row, then we might be coaxed into loosening up the rules a little.

8 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

More time to ensure the narcotics will be in full effect by the first drive.

Good planning — that’s why you’re you.

Ok

Please explain how in the world are the Jets supposed to tank?

Other than putting Petty in (which I don't think is a tank move) what are the Jets supposed to do????

Come on now...

11 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Good game Jets fans. You guys outplayed us today. Gutsy qb'ing by Mccown. He'll look good on your team in 2020 while our Browns #1 overall pick is taking us to the Super Bowl. 

Oh, you're such a kidder, you silly guy, you!

2 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Two things:

1) Understand and sympathize with the POV, but the game thread in week 5 isn’t the place to openly root for the Jets to lose. Freedom of speech does not exist in @Maxman‘s Jet Nation. We are all about teh censorship.

2) Just hold onto the hope that, despite the preseason and early season rankings, that the best QB in the draft isn’t among the first 2-3 QBs taken, and that we get lucky enough to end up with this year’s Prescott, Wilson, (Derek) Carr, Roethlisberger, etc.

Once we’re way out of mathematical contention, and if it’s the last game of the year with the top QB pick on the line with the Jets at 3-12 after dropping 10 in a row, then we might be coaxed into loosening up the rules a little.

Rules are for fools

11 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Look, Max. 

Where's the discipline for the fans who say others aren't real fans just because they have a different viewpoint? Because, that is a personal attack.

5 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Two things:

Trust me when I say this - it kills me to want the Jets to lose.  Look forward to 3-12. Until then you have my respect on the game thread. (Biting my thumb).

13 minutes ago, BigO said:

Ok but not only MY opinion. It's the opinion of half the posters on this board. We are tired of this viscous cycle and we want the 2nd coming of Joe Namath- not the 2nd coming of Babe Parelli. Regardless I bleed GREEN. 

I'm all for the tank but still I wouldn't describe the Jets lack of success as "having a thick or sticky consistency"

Where's the discipline for the fans who say others aren't real fans just because they have a different viewpoint? Because, that is a personal attack.

Yeah, not going to lie..that sh*t hits the chest hard when you know how passionate you are about a team. Especially passionate enough to want them to lose for a better future.

2 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Um, are you sure you’re responding to the correct post?

Good grief.

Ummmm sorry about that!!! :(

My post wss obviously hijacked by my iPhone!!!! 

I wa asking a question to a poster who was saying it is easy to Tank   I am not sure what how the Jets are supposed to Tank; they already have one of the youngest and least experienced offenses in the entire NFL; with one of the worst starting QBs over the last 7 years.   

Just now, BigO said:

Trust me when I say this - it kills me to want the Jets to lose.  Look forward to 3-12.

There is no general rule against wishing for a high draft pick (and what has to happen to reach that end point).

The request is simple and narrow: keep it out of the game thread.

10 minutes ago, Maxman said:

LOL.

Watching the end of the game, getting 4 emails of notifications with reported posts. Shouldn't be that way. The Jets won, they are not getting the first pick.

I was laughed at all offseason for saying the Jets wouldn't have a top 5 pick. I was laughed at for saying the Jets defense could win 6 games alone.

Now that is is happening and people are surprised. All they had to do is read my posts and they would have known how this was going to play out.  :)

Yes, you were right. I didn't expect us to be 3-2 and playing for first place in the division next week. I don't think this success is gonna last, but who the **** knows. The only thing we can say for certain is that this season across the league has been all around unpredictable and wacky. I mean, what happened to the Steelers? What the **** is up with the Jags?

It's like this whole season exists within the mind of Gary Busey. Nothing makes sense, and everything is scary.

3 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

There is no general rule against wishing for a high draft pick (and what has to happen to reach that end point).

The request is simple and narrow: keep it out of the game thread.

I said I would - you left out the last line I wrote. 

Yes, you were right. I didn't expect us to be 3-2 and playing for first place in the division next week. I don't think this success is gonna last, but who the **** knows. The only thing we can say for certain is that this season across the league has been all around unpredictable and wacky. I mean, what happened to the Steelers? What the **** is up with the Jags?

It's like this whole season exists within the mind of Gary Busey. Nothing makes sense, and everything is scary.

But it makes sense to Gary. Thats whats scary.

13 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Two things:

Yeah, but I wanna root for losses now, BEFORE it's cool!

Archived