### Jets \ Browns -- (Let's Get Over .500) Game Thread ###

Maxman

9 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I already feel like a d*ck for writing that.  F*ck.  I'm sorry.  Here's an upvote too.  We're all fans at the end of the day, and none of us "deserves" what I said.  I went too far.

Don't feel bad my friend, we're all frustrated and tired of waking up and think "****, Josh McCown is our QB?  Seriously?"

A little e-debate over the right course might get a touch....um, aggressive, at times.:lol:  No worries my friend.  No worries at all.  

I know I'm playing the "bad fan" argument a bit hard, but I'm really trying to give some Zen to my fellow fans, I know how disappointed they are, and I get it.

But we simply can't will our team to the #1 pick.  We may as well enjoy it, enjoy the moments we get, and hope we figure a way out to solve that QB riddle we seemingly are doomed to suffer.  

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Wishful thinking and reality avoidance.

Hack is total dogsh*t to-date, and Petty is literally an egg back there (and was barely the equal of McCown anyway) outside one moment vs. preseason #3's no longer in the league.

He played against the Giants first and second team. There are injury concerns with Petty but at least it moves the team forward and the QB situation gets clearer. But youd rather tread water and stunt our development with a 38 year old BUM that is playing like crap, but knows how to compile numbers so it looks like he is doing something other than fuuccking this team's long term future up the ass.

McClown and the team that played today loses by more than 3 touchdowns to a decent team

1 minute ago, BRONX DUDE said:

RAH RAH fans : Be happy with the slow undersized LB you draft with the 8th pick.

Is that a Darron Lee reference because he was all over the field today. Those jokes may not be funny anymore if he keeps improving. Same with the safety jokes the way Adams/Maye have played

17 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I don't mind at all Mogz.  

Never seeing a franchise QB, hmmmm, guess I already know whats that's like since we've never had one in my lifetime.  Chad was as close as I ever saw (well, I would say O'Brien but I know most disagree).

In any event, the Suck for Sam, er, Josh, er, the other Josh folks clearly misjudged the team.  Not my fault, not the teams fault.  

The team was never tanking.  NFL teams don't tank, this isn't the NBA.

Is what it is, I'll get worked up over the outcome when there is an outcome to get worked up over:  i.e. next spring.  

Hell, we could all be dead by then.  Live for the now.  It may be all we get.  

Idk. I’m like 99% sure the Browns are actually tanking. It’s the only way to explain not kicking a chip shot FG to tie the game. 

5 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

He played against the Giants first and second team.

The 0-5, worst team in NFL Giants?;)

There are injury concerns with Petty

To say the least.

but at least it moves the team forward and the QB situation gets clearer

Whats not clear?  Hack is sh*t, Petty is unpopular with management and a glass jaw.  Seems pretty clear to me (at least to-date).

But youd rather tread water and stunt our development with a 38 year old BUM that is playing like crap

When did I suddenly have control over who plays QB?

I want Hack to play so well in practice this week, that he makes it impossible to play McCown vs. the Pats.  I want Hack to start, and to throw a Watson'like 4 TD's, running for a 5th, and to see the Jets devastate the hatred Pats.  I want Hack to go on and start the rest of the year, the Jets finishing 10-6, a playoff berth, a playoff Run and a Super Bowl.

Just because I want it won't make it so, sadly.:(

but knows how to compile numbers so it looks like he is doing something other than fuuccking this team's long term future up the ass.

Our long term future will not be decided by who plays QB in 2017.

McClown and the team that played today loses by more than 3 touchdowns to a decent team

We'll find our Sunday, I'd say.  You're almost assuredly right.

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Our long term future will not be decided by who plays QB in 2017.

This is the thing I most disagree with. I am not in the "tank" camp at all. But playing McClown in my view has a very very real negative effect on the future of this franchise. It keeps the QB position in suspended animation where we get no answers at all on what we have. We all have opinions on that, but until Petty, who is clearly better than last year, plays we simply do not know if he can play like he did against the Giants in the preseason. The more McClown plays the more likely it becomes that we tread water again next year with another veteran, and once again have no answers at QB. Even worse than that, continuing to play McClown is close to closing the book on Petty and Hack leaving us nothing at QB. I firmly believe that playing the journeyman veteran QB is the absolute worst thing a team can ever do for their long term success. It essentially guarantees mediocrity with the way the NFL works. I do not want to tank, but a loss with Petty is actually better for the future of this team than a win by McClown.

22 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Don't feel bad my friend, we're all frustrated and tired of waking up and think "****, Josh McCown is our QB?  Seriously?"

A little e-debate over the right course might get a touch....um, aggressive, at times.:lol:  No worries my friend.  No worries at all.  

I know I'm playing the "bad fan" argument a bit hard, but I'm really trying to give some Zen to my fellow fans, I know how disappointed they are, and I get it.

But we simply can't will our team to the #1 pick.  We may as well enjoy it, enjoy the moments we get, and hope we figure a way out to solve that QB riddle we seemingly are doomed to suffer.  

Gahhh thanks for being understanding.  I just needed to apologize because, despite our differences in philosophy, we're both fans of this team, are both opinionated to what we believe in (maybe, at least on my end, to a fault), and, ultimately, just want to see this team win the big dance.

I've know you too many years through these Jets forums to dog you like that.  At the end of the day, you're a good man and, in some weird way, I kinda get what you're trying to do with the bad fan angle.  I may not totally agree with you all the time, but there's no doubt that you just want to see the team we both love succeed.  I wouldn't feel instant regret with that earlier post if I didn't believe this.

All love here 'Fish.  Take this as the "from the heart Moggz" not the "wrapped in pent up anger at Jets/football Moggz" lol.

This is the thing I most disagree with. I am not in the "tank" camp at all. But playing McClown in my view has a very very real negative effect on the future of this franchise. It keeps the QB position in suspended animation where we get no answers at all on what we have. We all have opinions on that, but until Petty, who is clearly better than last year, plays we simply do not know if he can play like he did against the Giants in the preseason.

I want to see Petty and HAck play too, I do.

But this line of argument, about two guys sitting behind McCown, smells alot like "needs a fair chance, with weapons".

They got fair chances, they have not earned the job.  

The more McClown plays the more likely it becomes that we tread water again next year with another veteran, and once again have no answers at QB.

There is a chance, but if we go the Veteran route, the management (at least) will not see it as a "tread water" move, they'll want a guy they think is legit.  Macc is all out of tread water seasons.

Even worse than that, continuing to play McClown is close to closing the book on Petty and Hack leaving us nothing at QB.

If that book closes, it's on Petty and Hack.  I refuse to make excuses for them, they've had more chances that most.

I firmly believe that playing the journeyman veteran QB is the absolute worst thing a team can ever do for their long term success.

In a short term win now situation, I can tolerate it.  Other than that, I agree.  As I said, I too want to see Petty and Hack play, and play well.  Be mad at them for not earning it, not at me my friend.

I do not want to tank, but a loss with Petty is actually better for the future of this team than a win by McClown.

Prsonally, I don't think Petty would be much worse than McCown.  But with that said, losses under Petty simply lead to a drafted QB and Petty gone, so not that great for Petty or clarity really.  

5 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Gahhh thanks for being understanding.  I just needed to apologize because, despite our differences in philosophy, we're both fans of this team, are both opinionated to what we believe in (maybe, at least on my end, to a fault), and, ultimately, just want to see this team win the big dance.

I've know you too many years through these Jets forums to dog you like that.  At the end of the day, you're a good man and, in some weird way, I kinda get what you're trying to do with the bad fan angle.  I may not totally agree with you all the time, but there's no doubt that you just want to see the team we both love succeed.  I wouldn't feel instant regret with that earlier post if I didn't believe this.

All love here 'Fish.  Take this as the "from the heart Moggz" not the "wrapped in pent up anger at Jets/football Moggz" lol.

Right back at you, my friend.  We're in a tough time as Jets Fans, all of us.  None of us are REALLY getting what we want right now. 

But we'll get through it, I believe it.  Not sure how long it'll take, but we'll get there.

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

I want to see Petty and HAck play too, I do.

But this line of argument, about two guys sitting behind McCown, smells alot like "needs a fair chance, with weapons".

They got fair chances, they have not earned the job.  

There is a chance, but if we go the Veteran route, the management (at least) will not see it as a "tread water" move, they'll want a guy they think is legit.  Macc is all out of tread water seasons.

If that book closes, it's on Petty and Hack.  I refuse to make excuses for them, they've had more chances that most.

In a short term win now situation, I can tolerate it.  Other than that, I agree.  As I said, I too want to see Petty and Hack play, and play well.  Be mad at them for not earning it, not at me my friend.

Prsonally, I don't think Petty would be much worse than McCown.  But with that said, losses under Petty simply lead to a drafted QB and Petty gone, so not that great for Petty or clarity really.  

See I am not agreeing with you that McClown beat out Petty. If it was a legitimate competition Petty would have won. And Bowles not starting Petty is not an accurate indicator of his ability compared to McClown. Let me say it this way: I think the competition was a sham, Bowles never played McClown so there could be no bad tape on him and never gave Petty a chance at all. The competition was decided before it started. 

3 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

See I am not agreeing with you that McClown beat out Petty. If it was a legitimate competition Petty would have won. And Bowles not starting Petty is not an accurate indicator of his ability compared to McClown. Let me say it this way: I think the competition was a sham, Bowles never played McClown so there could be no bad tape on him and never gave Petty a chance at all. The competition was decided before it started. 

Agree to disagree.  I wish it were otherwise, I've liked Petty (derpy tho he is) from day 1.

15 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Right back at you, my friend.  We're in a tough time as Jets Fans, all of us.  None of us are REALLY getting what we want right now. 

But we'll get through it, I believe it.  Not sure how long it'll take, but we'll get there.

When is it not a tough time as a JET FAN?

18 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I had spicey crab and hot garlic wings at the Factory during the game so....

I just finished watching it since I had to dvr it. Not a pretty sight esp the first half for the Jets. The team looked flat and Cleveland even with Kizer moved the ball. And not much of a pass rush. I don't know what the OC was doing in terms of the running game. He didn't go with it even before Bilal injured. Maybe there's something I don't know about but you have to give carries to McGuire who is a good pickup. But I'll take the W any day. I don't see us being in the game with New England next week unless Bowles can do a better job with defensive scheme and motivating his players. 

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

McCown is a horse-sh*t QB. The fact that we are winning 3 games in a row has little to do with QB play. McCown sucks dick. He is awful. His 7 yards per attemp and 70% completion percentage mean nothing. Total joke.  Play Petty and or s see what a hungry, live armed QB can do. The fact that the Browns weren’t afraid to chang QB’s at half and we stuck with sh*tbox McCown tells me all I need to know about this abomiuof a coaching staff. Our HCis  not trying to play to be in, he is just playing to “not lose”. Lucky for Bowles we have played 3 perennially bad teams. Yeah the last 3 games. Our season is going to get ugly starting next week, I have a feeling. 

Bowles missed his chance to get Petty on the field IMO to get him some time against real defense. I never wish injury on a player, but I am ready for McCown to find his way to the sideline. 

7 minutes ago, Stark said:

McCown is a horse-sh*t QB. The fact that we are winning 3 games in a row has little to do with QB play. McCown sucks dick. He is awful. His 7 yards per attemp and 70% completion percentage mean nothing. Total joke.  Play Petty and or s see what a hungry, live armed QB can do. The fact that the Browns weren’t afraid to chang QB’s at half and we stuck with sh*tbox McCown tells me all I need to know about this abomiuof a coaching staff. Our HCis  not trying to play to be in, he is just playing to “not lose”. Lucky for Bowles we have played 3 perennially bad teams. Yeah the last 3 games. Our season is going to get ugly starting next week, I have a feeling. 

Bowles missed his chance to get Petty on the field IMO to get him some time against real defense. I never wish injury on a player, but I am ready for McCown to find his way to the sideline. 

Bowles is not a Big Picture guy. McCown stays in barring injury. And that's despite the fact he's done very little to keep him in the starting job. 

11 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Bowles is not a Big Picture guy. McCown stays in barring injury. And that's despite the fact he's done very little to keep him in the starting job. 

Agree 100% Bowles cannot think outside the box he's in that "best chance to win" zone. 

19 hours ago, The Crusher said:

I had spicey crab and hot garlic wings at the Factory during the game so....

19 hours ago, Warfish said:

Homemade caramelized Mushroom and Onion pizza with parm cream tomato sauce and fresh mozz.

I had Chinese takeout.

It was ok.

Archived