McCown a great addition

kevinc855

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

Ok haters, as much as you like to start two terrible young scrubs named petty and hack it’s time To admit McCown has been a Mature and steady presence on this young team. He has been smart with the football and is near a 70 percent completion rate. This guy is playing some great football and the jets are 3-2 because of him. Great job josh and Mac; this team is Better for it 

We saw this with FITZ...... McCown does nothing for us long term.  NOTHING.

2 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

We saw this with FITZ...... McCown does nothing for us long term.  NOTHING.

You are right, but he helps us this year.  The QB position will be addressed agian after the season, either through the draft or via free agency or trade.

9 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

Until (unless) we are mathematically eliminated I'd rather win games.  

9 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Like Sanchez in the top 6? Or Blake Bortles in top 3? You Ryan leaf at 1? You play to win, we will still have a 1rd pick regardless 

8 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

You are right, but he helps us this year.  The QB position will be addressed agian after the season, either through the draft or via free agency or trade.

I get it....  but for I see no long term benefit from McCown.  I like winning too....   we did this with FITZ and got no where. 

But I'm not being a dick....  I like winning too. Wore my JETS shirt all over Charlotte today!

31 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

If this board was around then half the board would be pissed he was ruining the draft position when he started winning games in 98

This is an idiot's post. You're better than this?

Yup this team is the same as the 98 Jets team. It's like I'm living it all over again! Just broke out my Pearl Jam t-shirt, gonna watch a little NYPD Blue on the tube.

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

Ok haters, as much as you like to start two terrible young scrubs named petty and hack it’s time To admit McCown has been a Mature and steady presence on this young team. He has been smart with the football and is near a 70 percent completion rate. This guy is playing some great football and the jets are 3-2 because of him. Great job josh and Mac; this team is Better for it 

Even people who think like you about winning games aren't fooling themselves about McCown. I think you need to quit. You've obviously are going a little too far ... dont you think?

1 hour ago, Augustiniak said:

the one thing i can't emphasize enough is how important it is for the qb to take care of the football.  after having 3 of the worst qbs wrt turnovers in sanchez/geno/fitz, it's nice to watch a game where the defense and special teams can help you stay in a game when the offense isn't producing for a half, b/c the offense is punting rather than throwing pick 6s and fumbling on sacks.  and while sure we'd all love to see a younger qb in, it's not time yet, hack sucks, and today we saw maye with a key pick, lee made some nice plays, stewart got a first down on a reverse and mcguire continues to produce and asj made some huge catches.  i like watching a competent team, i like watching an offense where the ball isn't being thrown up for grabs, call me crazy.  

I'll call you crazy but because you said McCown doesn't turn the ball over. What exactly did you watch today and last Sunday? PS. He holds on to the ball on 3rd and long like he's a rookie with no situational awareness...oh wait..maybe that's why Bowles likes this guy. 

12 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Yup this team is the same as the 98 Jets team. It's like I'm living it all over again! Just broke out my Pearl Jam t-shirt, gonna watch a little NYPD Blue on the tube.

Gonna preface this with I am not a mccown fan, would rather see petty or hack playing and I loved Vinny T mostly cause he's a local  Italian kid and that 98 team was probably my all time favorite 

but 

we had no expectations that year 

he was a 34 year old journey man or jag 

At that point he had no future with the jets 

he was brought in to be the back up

he was taking time away from a young QB getting snaps 

he came in we were already 0-2 

yes the original post was hyperbole but it's really not that far off 

36 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Let’s see what we got fans forget we let petty start last year, how that work out besides proving the rutgers defense could Prob run over petty. Hackenberg? Don’t even get me started 

Petty was thrown out there with a unit full of assholes who packed in for the season and a weak ass offensive line . This guy.

2 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

Gonna preface this with I am not a mccown fan, would rather see petty or hack playing and I loved Vinny T mostly cause he's a local  Italian kid and that 98 team was probably my all time favorite 

but 

we had no expectations that year 

he was a 34 year old journey man or jag 

At that point he had no future with the jets 

he was brought in to be the back up

he was taking time away from a young QB getting snaps 

he came in we were already 0-2 

yes the original post was hyperbole but it's really not that far off 

Anthony, it was totally far off, what you said about it being the same situation as this year's Jets.

47 minutes ago, JiF said:

Jeremy Kerley is one of the most underrated Jets of all time.

Along with Mo Wilkerson and Lawrence (Larry) Thomas, he's part of our Mo, Larry, and Kerley trio.

Actually the Mo, Larry, Kerley and Austin-Seferian quintet.

Kudos to Macc for adding a good QB and exceptional leader to the team. 

He's a big reason I'm interested this season and not indifferent like I had been the majority of last year.

Draft a QB, resign McCown, cut Petty.  People should get used to this because it's likely what will be happening.

19 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

McCown is a glorified version of a pellet gun.

43 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

McCown has played quite well, he certainly was a fine addition. 

The offense was pretty abysmal today against a terrible team. McCown is still a 38 year old below average quarterback. If they play like they did today next week, they’ll get waxed. 

Well it's ridiculous to say he's terrible. And make excuses for his passing percentage. But he hasn't been great either. Hey look we'll take the W. Good teams win bad games. But later in the year unless we are in a playoff run it's Petty time. 

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

The offense was pretty abysmal today against a terrible team. McCown is still a 38 year old below average quarterback. If they play like they did today next week, they’ll get waxed. 

From your typing fingers to God's ears, soul brother

5 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I agree the offense did not play well for a good portion of the game, however when needed they got a 97 yard drive. I give McCown credit, it's not easy to do that, especially on the road. Any road win in the NFL is a big win.

2 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Someone  must have spiked your koolaid with ecstasy. 

IMG_0506.PNG

11 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Well it's ridiculous to say he's terrible. And make excuses for his passing percentage. But he hasn't been great either. Hey look we'll take the W. Good teams win bad games. But later in the year unless we are in a playoff run it's Petty time. 

The more accurate assessment- bad teams win terrrible games. 

Archived