Jump to content
HawkeyeJet

So about those Safeties

Recommended Posts

Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

This past year was an anomaly, 2016 the top 2 QB prospects went 1, 2, and the 3rd drafted is horrendous, 2015 the top 2 QB's went 1, 2, and the next QB taken wasn't until like the 3rd round.  And last year will be a harsh lesson to some of these teams that needed QB's, and passed on taking them early, and I see the next draft, and future drafts have the top 2-3 QB's all go in the top 5 if not 1, 2, 3 because of need, and lack of good talent at the position.

And wow what a throw by Watson right there!

Start  listing the best QBs in football in order.  It will take a bit before you get to a 1st or 2nd pick.  That's all I'm saying.  It seems as though the best of the best are guys who were drafted a bit(sometimes much) later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HawkeyeJet said:

They are good.  Real good.  Some Might not like drafting two of them, and some down right hate drafting two of them in the 1st two rounds, but they are very, very good.

 

Know who else looks real good?  DeShaun Watson.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, prime21 said:

Loved the Adams pick and like most, was surprised when we picked Maye but I thought it was a good pick as well. They can be game changers for many years to come.


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

So could a dozen other players Mac could have picked in round 2. We needed to address several other areas with such a high pick such as the OL or CB or LB or WR.  SMH 🤦🏼‍♂️ Mac tries to be clever but he ain't no Bugs Bunny 🐰.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I believe Watson has thrown two TDs against the Chiefs since this post was published.

and I believe the Chiefs just scored again.. 

sad to see you've devolved into cheering for moral victories.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Pac said:

and I believe the Chiefs just scored again.. 

sad to see you've devolved into cheering for moral victories.

I don’t cheer for moral anything, pal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

 

Know who else looks real good?  DeShaun Watson.  

I never insinuated he wasn't.  I was a huge fan of Watson.  I was on a different board around the draft, but I was all for him at the time.  

They didn't take him,  There is nothing I can do about that.  I'm not even arguing that it is better to have the two safeties.

I'm not going to let all that impact my analysis of Adams and Maye though.  And they are looking to be very good players.  I think some fans will despise them regardless of that though.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I'm not going to let all that impact my analysis of Adams and Maye though.  And they are looking to be very good players.  I think some fans will despise them regardless of that though.  

I don't despise the players.  I despise our GM for taking them where he took them.  It's not their fault we're a dumb franchise.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Warfish said:

The Safeties look solid, yes.

I'd trade both for Deshaun Watson, right now, no second thoughts.

And that's why you're not the GM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Remember how opposing offenses would throw over our heads for 80yd tds every game last year? Yea that’s gone away, two solid safeties will do that. Not the most sexy position but important as ever

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

I like that Deshaun is being elevated to full “woe is me” status because he can toss desperation TDs when playing from 3 scores down.

 

He's thrown 10 TD's in his first 4 games.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

 

He's thrown 10 TD's in 4 games.  

But they only won 1. Garbage time is garbage time. Great for fantasy football, but that’s it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

They are good.  Real good.  Some Might not like drafting two of them, and some down right hate drafting two of them in the 1st two rounds, but they are very, very good.

So about Deshaun Watson. He's good. Real good. Some might not like drafting a first round QB but he's good. Very very good. Give me Watson over Adams and Maye combined. It's not like we had a FHoF QB on our roster. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Pac said:

remember how good Carmelo Watson looked that time they lost by 30 to the Chiefs?

We’re talkingvto the same guys that spent years insisting Geno was good because he had 2-3 nice completions in a game he lost by 3 scores once............ wait a minute :blink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Start  listing the best QBs in football in order.  It will take a bit before you get to a 1st or 2nd pick.  That's all I'm saying.  It seems as though the best of the best are guys who were drafted a bit(sometimes much) later.

Thats fine, and all, but 15, of the 32 starting QB's were drafted no later then #4 overall, and 11 of them went #1, or #2.  That shows where about 50% of NFL starters are found, and then 22, of the 32 starters were all taken in the 1st round, and that does not include 2 that are currently hurt (Tannehill, and Bridgewater), 2 that have not been given the job yet (Mahomes, and Lynch), and 1 who started today in place of an injured QB (EJ Manuel).

So IMO the 1st round, particularly early is your best shot at finding a franchise QB, yes a few can be found later, and 2 of them have won Super Bowls 3 of the last 4 years in Wilson, and Brady, but the odds of finding the next Brady, or Wilson, or Prescott are extremely low.

There are only 6 starting QB's drafted after the 2nd round, 2 of which will be replaced next year guaranteed in Hoyer, and hopefully McCown, and possibly both Taylor, and Seiman could be replaced also, but those are not guaranteed.

So I will take my chances on grabbing my QB in the 1st round preferably early so I am not reaching.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, j4jets said:

So about Deshaun Watson. He's good. Real good. Some might not like drafting a first round QB but he's good. Very very good. Give me Watson over Adams and Maye combined. It's not like we had a FHoF QB on our roster. 

That would have been an incredibly witty and awesome post if it hadn't already been covered 20 previous times in this thread, myself included.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

We’re talkingvto the same guys that spent years insisting Geno was good because he had 2-3 nice completions in a game he lost by 3 scores once............ wait a minute :blink:

It'll never happen but you and I both know they should bench Eli and give Smith a crack at it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

We’re talkingvto the same guys that spent years insisting Geno was good because he had 2-3 nice completions in a game he lost by 3 scores once............ wait a minute :blink:

He just needed better safeties.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HawkeyeJet said:

That would have been an incredibly witty and awesome post if it hadn't already been covered 20 previous times in this thread, myself included.

So about that. You make a good point. Some may not like the fact idgaf, but you make a really really good point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Remember how opposing offenses would throw over our heads for 80yd tds every game last year? Yea that’s gone away, two solid safeties will do that. Not the most sexy position but important as ever

Remember when RB's would take screen passes, and wheel routes for big gains, and TD's, and TE's would kill us across the middle deep, and down the seam deep?  Oh yeah me too because it still has not stopped!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

On a serious note, can we hire the guy who built this Chiefs team?

Can we get a time machine, and hire him last year so we draft Mahomes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×