So about those Safeties

HawkeyeJet

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Your insecurity is second to none.

Also a total QB league is as pathetic as an 8-team league.

1 - I know you are but what am I

2- You should be able to tell it's a 12 man league looking at the rosters.  Novice.

EDIT- I read that as you thinking it was an 8 team league..  a team QB league only protects you on the week your QB goes out in the first 1/4.  Unless you think Watson and Savage are going to tag each other throughout the game.  I'm not the commish but I like it.

1 hour ago, Larz said:

The first test comes vs the cheaters 

Happy they had 5 starts to break in

We will find out a lot if Brady can take advantage of them or if they hold their own 

The key to that game will be pressure. If the Jets don't put some wood on Brady he will pick them apart. They will need excellent line play on both sides of the ball to even have a chance against Brady & Co.

4 minutes ago, Pac said:

1 - I know you are but what am I

2- You should be able to tell it's a 12 man league looking at the rosters.  Novice.

EDIT- I read that as you thinking it was an 8 team league..  a team QB league only protects you on the week your QB goes out in the first 1/4.  Unless you think Watson and Savage are going to tag each other throughout the game.  I'm not the commish but I like it.

You would like it. It’s gutless.

10 minutes ago, Pac said:

Meanwhile I got the last laugh as I picked Watson up in my big money fantasy league and started him today..  I picked up Fuller too and am upset I didn't start him.

That garbage time TD to Hopkins just took me from out of the money to winning $30 bucks. 

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

That garbage time TD to Hopkins just took me from out of the money to winning $30 bucks. 

that sucks..  our league was infiltrated by the pros.

jokes aside I picked up Watson because Mariotta was out.  I had no idea he'd do this again..  I guess he's my starter the rest of the year.

I wanted Watson too. I wasn't that upset when they took Adams but still think they made a mistake not picking him. He did play well enough although I didn't watch the whole game. He did make an excellent play avoiding the rush on that TD to Fuller before it got out of hand. Small sample but so far Watson looks like the real deal.

5 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

They are good.  Real good.  Some Might not like drafting two of them, and some down right hate drafting two of them in the 1st two rounds, but they are very, very good.

I was pissed off on draft night.  If they were going to go DB/DB I would've wanted Malik Hooker and Jourdan Lewis.  That being said, it looks like the route they took was a very good one.  Anxious to see them perform as they get ready to start facing some elite QB's in Brady, Brees, Newton, Ryan, etc...

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I think Watson is good. I’ll admit I may have been wrong on that one. 

Did you not want him either?  Yeah...think I was wrong about him, we'll see in time, but you've gotta be impressed with what he's done so far.  

Did I watch the same game as everyone else, granted I was flipping back and forth with the Yankee game.

Watson sure didn’t look very good to me, they were getting dominated at home, and got most of his productivity in the 2nd half when the defense lightened up with the lead. 

He had 38 yards at the half

8 hours ago, T0mShane said:

On a serious note, can we hire the guy who built this Chiefs team?

I was thinking the same thing last night & watching Smith gives me hope that maybe, just maybe, we get a QB like Cousins somehow, someway. If the 49ers are picking 1 or 2, I don't see how they don't take 1 of the California QBs to bring excitement back to Northern California. I can't see Cousins wanting to be a bridge QB. Signing a vet QB allows you to draft high end offensive players. A Barkley/McGuire RB combo with Macc going all out offense like Oline, WR etc. 

I think Cousins, Garapolo, Brees, McCarron, are all in play. 

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

It's funny to the sojf crew that circle jerk each other over the same jokes every other post. 

The key to coping with the insecurity of feeling left out, is to internalize it - rather than attempting to make an exhibition of it.

13 hours ago, Jet9 said:

If they were a FB and Guard I'd get the hate. However, bitching about the 2 safeties makes me think people aren't watching today's NFL. Especially when our 2 safeties were Pryor and Gilchrist. 

And the Watson crowd needs to calm their t!ts. Kaep looked like the second coming of Randall Cunningham until the league got the book on him, which was what, year 3? 

right.  no sleight on watson but he's in a good system for qb's and the texans have some pretty scary receivers.  if watson were drafted by the jets he would still be on the bench.  and yes, qb's have tendencies.  once watson has played a few games the defenses will start keying on them.

14 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

The key to coping with the insecurity of feeling left out, is to internalize it - rather than attempting to make an exhibition of it.

I just can't wait until Macc gets an extension and you guys lose your sh1t. These young kids playing well is driving you guys into a tizzy. Even darron Lee had a nice game yesterday. 

13 hours ago, SAR I said:

Jay Cutler, Blake Bortles, DeShone Kizer.

Let's not go booking hotels in Canton just yet.

SAR I

well yes but that same jax team hung 30 on the steelers and got 5 picks from roethlisberger, 2 of which were pick sixes.  obviously it's way too early to say any of the current jet players will be in canton but right now adams and maye are looking pretty darn good as are davis, asj, mcguire, kearse, jenkins, and others. the team looks like it's shaping up pretty well.

31 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I just can't wait until Macc gets an extension and you guys lose your sh1t. These young kids playing well is driving you guys into a tizzy. Even darron Lee had a nice game yesterday. 

Tell me more about this tizzy.

49 minutes ago, Warfish said:

And if Bowles and Macc are retained, even if we have the #1 pick, whomever QB we pick will not play in 2018.

that depends.. in your hypothetical, does bowles now answer to maccagnan?? & has bowles already named mccown the starter before we have resigned him??

15 hours ago, Warfish said:

The Safeties look solid, yes.

I'd trade both for Deshaun Watson, right now, no second thoughts.

Actually, the crime is that you'd only have to trade 1 for Watson and you could have kept the other.  A franchise QB and franchise S in the first 2 rounds.  Not a bad draft in that alternate Jet Universe. 

But in this universe, taking 2 safeties in the first 2 rounds is a horrible use of resources because the team is essentially guaranteed to have to let one of them walk after their rookie contract because they can't afford to re-sign both.

Archived