HawkeyeJet

So about those Safeties

11 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

We’re talkingvto the same guys that spent years insisting Geno was good because he had 2-3 nice completions in a game he lost by 3 scores once............ wait a minute :blink:

F*ck me for liking a QB who looks good as a rookie, right?  Are you going to bash people who liked how Sanchez looked early in 2009, too?

The Ape-Pac coalition is off to a roaring start.  

Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
22 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I like that Deshaun is being elevated to full “woe is me” status because he can toss desperation TDs when playing from 3 scores down.

I wanted him at the time, so no, not full "woe is me".  I think Macc (and many Jets fans) missed, badly, on their eval of Watson.

Exactly what I'd expect from the guy who drafted Hack, Macc, tbqh.

But no woe, just an observation.  Safeties will never be as vital as a QB, and while our two look solid enough vs. the bad teams we've played so far, they're effectively irrelevant. 

Because they are safeties.

We'll roll with whomever we get next draft, got an odd feeling it'll either be Mayfield, or no one (i.e. another Veteran).

Just now, Warfish said:

I wanted him at the time, so no, not full "woe is me".  I think Macc missed, badly, on his eval of Watson.

Exactly what I'd expect from the guy who drafted Hack, tbqh.

But no woe, just an observation.  Safeties will never be as vital as a QB, and while our two look solid, they're effectively irrelevant.  Because they are safeties.

We'll roll with whomever we get next draft, got an odd feeling it'll either be Mayfield, or no one (i.e. another Veteran).

I like that you took the generalized term personal.

Meanwhile I got the last laugh as I picked Watson up in my big money fantasy league and started him today..  I picked up Fuller too and am upset I didn't start him.

80 getting all touchy. The only thing missing from this thread is some prick reminding everyone of the “conquering hero” era. It won’t be me though. I’m above all that noise.

46 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

If we had Watson he would be having a so called red shirt year relegated to 4th string QB forgotten status while we give Fellatio to the 38 year old Josh McCown for beating Blake Bortles, Jay Cutler, and Deshon Kizer.

You mean "Give McCown a 3 year $42 million $22 million/2 year guaranteed contract. "

1 minute ago, Pac said:

Meanwhile I got the last laugh as I picked Watson up in my big money fantasy league and started him today..  I picked up Fuller too and am upset I didn't start him.

Screen captures to prove it, or gtfo. Make sure your banking info is open before capturing images. 

Just now, Bugg said:

You mean "Give McCown a 3 year $42 million $22 million/2 year guaranteed contract. "

There is no price too steep for a good mentor. Besides, who else could possibly teach or young QBs to play?

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Screen captures to prove it, or gtfo. Make sure your banking info is open before capturing images. 

image.png

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Your insecurity is second to none.

Also a total QB league is as pathetic as an 8-team league.

1 - I know you are but what am I

2- You should be able to tell it's a 12 man league looking at the rosters.  Novice.

EDIT- I read that as you thinking it was an 8 team league..  a team QB league only protects you on the week your QB goes out in the first 1/4.  Unless you think Watson and Savage are going to tag each other throughout the game.  I'm not the commish but I like it.

1 hour ago, Larz said:

The first test comes vs the cheaters 

Happy they had 5 starts to break in

We will find out a lot if Brady can take advantage of them or if they hold their own 

The key to that game will be pressure. If the Jets don't put some wood on Brady he will pick them apart. They will need excellent line play on both sides of the ball to even have a chance against Brady & Co.

4 minutes ago, Pac said:

1 - I know you are but what am I

2- You should be able to tell it's a 12 man league looking at the rosters.  Novice.

EDIT- I read that as you thinking it was an 8 team league..  a team QB league only protects you on the week your QB goes out in the first 1/4.  Unless you think Watson and Savage are going to tag each other throughout the game.  I'm not the commish but I like it.

You would like it. It’s gutless.

10 minutes ago, Pac said:

That garbage time TD to Hopkins just took me from out of the money to winning $30 bucks. 

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

That garbage time TD to Hopkins just took me from out of the money to winning $30 bucks. 

that sucks..  our league was infiltrated by the pros.

jokes aside I picked up Watson because Mariotta was out.  I had no idea he'd do this again..  I guess he's my starter the rest of the year.

I wanted Watson too. I wasn't that upset when they took Adams but still think they made a mistake not picking him. He did play well enough although I didn't watch the whole game. He did make an excellent play avoiding the rush on that TD to Fuller before it got out of hand. Small sample but so far Watson looks like the real deal.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

They are good.  Real good.  Some Might not like drafting two of them, and some down right hate drafting two of them in the 1st two rounds, but they are very, very good.

I was pissed off on draft night.  If they were going to go DB/DB I would've wanted Malik Hooker and Jourdan Lewis.  That being said, it looks like the route they took was a very good one.  Anxious to see them perform as they get ready to start facing some elite QB's in Brady, Brees, Newton, Ryan, etc...

Edited by AFJF

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I think Watson is good. I’ll admit I may have been wrong on that one. 

Did you not want him either?  Yeah...think I was wrong about him, we'll see in time, but you've gotta be impressed with what he's done so far.