So about those Safeties

HawkeyeJet

Jets go 3-13 draft 2nd pick in the draft and get Josh Allen or Josh Rosen. Training camp starts...Rookie QB has an “Ok” camp. Media starts saying he’s missing receivers and is inaccurate. Anonymous sources say he’s makes too many mistakes....in any case he wins the starting job based on preseason play against scrubs. First game against Buffalo our pourous Oline gets him sacked and he fumbles the ball. Buffalo runs in back for TD. Next offensive possession after the run game fails because our pourous oline inability to create holes they try a deep pass to the immortal Robby Anderson in double coverage. It’s a pick 6 and buffalo is up 14-0. Jet fans are stunned as this was supposed to be the savior...they want him benched...rinse repeat...

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/8/2017 at 9:21 PM, HawkeyeJet said:

They are good.  Real good.  Some Might not like drafting two of them, and some down right hate drafting two of them in the 1st two rounds, but they are very, very good.

They are very good, I agree. I was initially against taking two in the first two rounds but with Dalvin Cook injured and Curtis Samuel playing like a 'tard I'm now glad they took Maye. I was disappointed when Cam Robinson was already taken but it would have cost too much to trade up for him 

On 10/9/2017 at 2:12 PM, SMC said:

Actually, the crime is that you'd only have to trade 1 for Watson and you could have kept the other.  A franchise QB and franchise S in the first 2 rounds.  Not a bad draft in that alternate Jet Universe. 

But in this universe, taking 2 safeties in the first 2 rounds is a horrible use of resources because the team is essentially guaranteed to have to let one of them walk after their rookie contract because they can't afford to re-sign both.

Why worry about that now? 

So according to your logic a good draft is bad because eventually you will not be able to afford everyone? Thats an odd position 

Archived