HawkeyeJet

So about those Safeties

Did I watch the same game as everyone else, granted I was flipping back and forth with the Yankee game.

Watson sure didn’t look very good to me, they were getting dominated at home, and got most of his productivity in the 2nd half when the defense lightened up with the lead. 

He had 38 yards at the half

Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
8 hours ago, T0mShane said:

On a serious note, can we hire the guy who built this Chiefs team?

I was thinking the same thing last night & watching Smith gives me hope that maybe, just maybe, we get a QB like Cousins somehow, someway. If the 49ers are picking 1 or 2, I don't see how they don't take 1 of the California QBs to bring excitement back to Northern California. I can't see Cousins wanting to be a bridge QB. Signing a vet QB allows you to draft high end offensive players. A Barkley/McGuire RB combo with Macc going all out offense like Oline, WR etc. 

I think Cousins, Garapolo, Brees, McCarron, are all in play. 

12 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Trying a little too hard there.  It's kind of funny though. Just not very, very funny.

It's funny to the sojf crew that circle jerk each other over the same jokes every other post. 

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

It's funny to the sojf crew that circle jerk each other over the same jokes every other post. 

The key to coping with the insecurity of feeling left out, is to internalize it - rather than attempting to make an exhibition of it.

13 hours ago, Jet9 said:

If they were a FB and Guard I'd get the hate. However, bitching about the 2 safeties makes me think people aren't watching today's NFL. Especially when our 2 safeties were Pryor and Gilchrist. 

And the Watson crowd needs to calm their t!ts. Kaep looked like the second coming of Randall Cunningham until the league got the book on him, which was what, year 3? 

right.  no sleight on watson but he's in a good system for qb's and the texans have some pretty scary receivers.  if watson were drafted by the jets he would still be on the bench.  and yes, qb's have tendencies.  once watson has played a few games the defenses will start keying on them.

14 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

The key to coping with the insecurity of feeling left out, is to internalize it - rather than attempting to make an exhibition of it.

I just can't wait until Macc gets an extension and you guys lose your sh1t. These young kids playing well is driving you guys into a tizzy. Even darron Lee had a nice game yesterday. 

13 hours ago, SAR I said:

Jay Cutler, Blake Bortles, DeShone Kizer.

Let's not go booking hotels in Canton just yet.

SAR I

well yes but that same jax team hung 30 on the steelers and got 5 picks from roethlisberger, 2 of which were pick sixes.  obviously it's way too early to say any of the current jet players will be in canton but right now adams and maye are looking pretty darn good as are davis, asj, mcguire, kearse, jenkins, and others. the team looks like it's shaping up pretty well.

31 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I just can't wait until Macc gets an extension and you guys lose your sh1t. These young kids playing well is driving you guys into a tizzy. Even darron Lee had a nice game yesterday. 

Tell me more about this tizzy.

5 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Tell me more about this tizzy.

I think it involves a preoccupation with telling others they're not as good at being fans of a football team as you are.

Just now, gEYno said:

I think it involves a preoccupation with telling others they're not as good at being fans of a football team as you are.

Amongst other things, yes... 

14 hours ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

If we had Watson, we would win too many games, and not have a good draft pick.

if we had watson, he wouldn't have played until we were mathematically eliminated..

4 minutes ago, jetgreen13 said:

if we had watson, he wouldn't have played until we were mathematically eliminated..

And if Bowles and Macc are retained, even if we have the #1 pick, whomever QB we pick will not play in 2018.

49 minutes ago, Warfish said:

And if Bowles and Macc are retained, even if we have the #1 pick, whomever QB we pick will not play in 2018.

that depends.. in your hypothetical, does bowles now answer to maccagnan?? & has bowles already named mccown the starter before we have resigned him??

15 hours ago, Warfish said:

The Safeties look solid, yes.

I'd trade both for Deshaun Watson, right now, no second thoughts.

Actually, the crime is that you'd only have to trade 1 for Watson and you could have kept the other.  A franchise QB and franchise S in the first 2 rounds.  Not a bad draft in that alternate Jet Universe. 

But in this universe, taking 2 safeties in the first 2 rounds is a horrible use of resources because the team is essentially guaranteed to have to let one of them walk after their rookie contract because they can't afford to re-sign both.

Jets go 3-13 draft 2nd pick in the draft and get Josh Allen or Josh Rosen. Training camp starts...Rookie QB has an “Ok” camp. Media starts saying he’s missing receivers and is inaccurate. Anonymous sources say he’s makes too many mistakes....in any case he wins the starting job based on preseason play against scrubs. First game against Buffalo our pourous Oline gets him sacked and he fumbles the ball. Buffalo runs in back for TD. Next offensive possession after the run game fails because our pourous oline inability to create holes they try a deep pass to the immortal Robby Anderson in double coverage. It’s a pick 6 and buffalo is up 14-0. Jet fans are stunned as this was supposed to be the savior...they want him benched...rinse repeat...

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

On 10/8/2017 at 9:21 PM, HawkeyeJet said:

They are good.  Real good.  Some Might not like drafting two of them, and some down right hate drafting two of them in the 1st two rounds, but they are very, very good.

They are very good, I agree. I was initially against taking two in the first two rounds but with Dalvin Cook injured and Curtis Samuel playing like a 'tard I'm now glad they took Maye. I was disappointed when Cam Robinson was already taken but it would have cost too much to trade up for him 

On 09/10/2017 at 8:10 AM, PCP63 said:

It's almost as if hindsight is 20/20. We should've drafted Brady.

Can't believe we didn't trade up for Lawrence Taylor in 81....Macc should be fired for that alone

On 10/9/2017 at 2:12 PM, SMC said:

Actually, the crime is that you'd only have to trade 1 for Watson and you could have kept the other.  A franchise QB and franchise S in the first 2 rounds.  Not a bad draft in that alternate Jet Universe. 

But in this universe, taking 2 safeties in the first 2 rounds is a horrible use of resources because the team is essentially guaranteed to have to let one of them walk after their rookie contract because they can't afford to re-sign both.

Why worry about that now? 

So according to your logic a good draft is bad because eventually you will not be able to afford everyone? Thats an odd position