Get ready to wake up against the pats....

Maddog45

Just now, HighPitch said:

Your logic is flawed. 

If we were one of the top 3 or 4 worst teams then id be into tanking in december to get the best draft posjtion possible. 

This is a much different scenario so just get over  it

Don't worry , your delusion will wear off soon , you aren't used to jets winning as much I guess ... I hope the jets host a super bowl party for the fans and players that'll be cool

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, Maddog45 said:

This bullsh*t fun time is over .... great we ****ed up our chance at Rosen and darnold damn idiots, now watch the pats come in and destroy mcclown , finally wake up this blind crowd , us whooping super trash teams big whoop.... Giants will get Rosen or darnold , sit behind Eli and become the face of New York while we stay the face of people's jokes. Idiots pick the wrong time to try to win , why didn't they do this sh*t last year .... the year of the qb wanna **** ourseleves cant make this up same ol jets .... and yes Idc about 3 wins in a row when the jets team end up watching the playoffs instead of playing , I'm a realist not a delusion goof like many around here.

You seem upset.

44 minutes ago, Maddog45 said:

This bullsh*t fun time is over .... great we ****ed up our chance at Rosen and darnold damn idiots, now watch the pats come in and destroy mcclown , finally wake up this blind crowd , us whooping super trash teams big whoop.... Giants will get Rosen or darnold , sit behind Eli and become the face of New York while we stay the face of people's jokes. Idiots pick the wrong time to try to win , why didn't they do this sh*t last year .... the year of the qb wanna **** ourseleves cant make this up same ol jets .... and yes Idc about 3 wins in a row when the jets team end up watching the playoffs instead of playing , I'm a realist not a delusion goof like many around here.

So, which previously banned poster is this?

33 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I know when I realize I cannot control the things that are out of my control, my first instinct is to lash out and insult everyone around me, while ensuring I reach petulant tantrum levels of self-humiliation.

Wait, is this about the Jets, or America?

Just now, Maddog45 said:

This is my first account literally , I apologize for speaking the truth I know it hurts

Actually, I was a huge proponent of that tank, and I know what this team is.  That doesn't change that your thread hasn't spread any truth to anyone and all you've done is embarrassed yourself.

2008... Child, please.

Just now, gEYno said:

Actually, I was a huge proponent of that tank, and I know what this team is.  That doesn't change that your thread hasn't spread any truth to anyone and all you've done is embarrassed yourself.

2008... Child, please.

Just now, smaxor5 said:

It's honestly really sad that a large number of Jets fans have lost the ability to cheer for young, upcoming players win games they aren't supposed to.  Like what on earth is wrong with all of you?

Even rooting for the tank, it was easy to enjoy beating the dolphins and playing reasonably well (for most of the game) against Jax.  This win is harder to get fired up about, because the team generally looked awful, and it's likely that all it did was cost us draft capital.  I'm not buying the emergence of Darron Lee or Marcus Maye narratives based on the Browns game, and there wasn't a ton else to like.

1 minute ago, Gastineau Lives said:

You don't know who Howard Cosell is? How about Paul McCartney? Ronald Reagan? ANYTHING before 1997?

He should know the original troll, I give him 5 posts before he uses triggered or snowflake lol

You don't know who Howard Cosell is? How about Paul McCartney? Ronald Reagan? ANYTHING before 1997?

I know Paul McCartney and Reagan I'm not an idiot , i just don't know who Howard Cosell is , I guess the majority of people here are my fathers and grandfathers age ?  

22 minutes ago, smaxor5 said:

It's honestly really sad that a large number of Jets fans have lost the ability to cheer for young, upcoming players win games they aren't supposed to.  Like what on earth is wrong with all of you?

What's wrong with YOU? We are the same team if we lost to JAX when Marquis Lee dropped a pass right in his hands in easy field goal range. We are the same team if we lost to Cleveland if their kicker could make a ******* field goal and they didn't turn the ball over twice near the goal line while OUR kicker made a 57 yard field goal and THEIR COACH didn't do what NO ONE on EARTH does and gives away three points in a close game and then runs the ball right up the middle where he couldn't get a yard TO BEGIN WITH. We are the same team that beat Jay Cutler who got shutout by a worse D than the Pats and then only put up 13 against the OTHER worse D. We are STILL THAT TEAM, except now, we don't have a shot at Darnold or Rosen. So yeah, life is not ******* awesome right now in Jetland. It actually ******* sucks. You just don't feel it because you're half asleep while your dog is licking your balls but you're dreaming that it's Kate ******* Upton.

Just now, gEYno said:

Even rooting for the tank, it was easy to enjoy beating the dolphins and playing reasonably well (for most of the game) against Jax.  This win is harder to get fired up about, because the team generally looked awful, and it's likely that all it did was cost us draft capital.  I'm not buying the emergence of Darron Lee or Marcus Maye narratives based on the Browns game, and there wasn't a ton else to like.

We were missing 2 of our top 3 corners, our best pass rusher and the defense still looked good for the entire game.  What the "all in on the tank" crowd doesn't understand is that that is just one strategy for getting better, there are others.  For instance, with the Jets winning many more games than expected they are suddenly a much more attractive FA destination.  Those top guys like Vernon that said "F that" a couple years ago are now actually considering coming here.  Specifically, a guy like Kirk Cousins might actually come here.

Anything can happen, enjoy the ride at least.

My life already has enough toxicity in it.  I simply can't bring myself to root against a team that I have grown up rooting for.  If they end up being crappy enough to get a high draft pick, fine.  But it's more fun to root for these young players, who are trying to beat expectations.

Also, a lot of folks around here seem to think that picking at 1 or 2 is a slam-dunk.  We don't know who is coming out next year and not all of these guys end up being franchise guys.  And you end up investing a large proportion of your salary cap and 3 to five years in them, because cutting your losses means admitting you were wrong on a huge decision.

Let's play to win and have a little fun.

What's wrong with YOU? We are the same team if we lost to JAX when Marquis Lee dropped a pass right in his hands in easy field goal range. We are the same team if we lost to Cleveland if their kicker could make a ******* field goal and they didn't turn the ball over twice near the goal line while OUR kicker made a 57 yard field goal and THEIR COACH didn't do what NO ONE on EARTH does and gives away three points in a close game and then runs the ball right up the middle where he couldn't get a yard TO BEGIN WITH. We are the same team that beat Jay Cutler who got shutout by a worse D than the Pats and then only put up 13 against the OTHER worse D. We are STILL THAT TEAM, except now, we don't have a shot at Darnold or Rosen. So yeah, life is not ******* awesome right now in Jetland. It actually ******* sucks.

That jax game was luck, that Powell run was luck, some one last week said it wasn't luck , I told him tell Powell to pull that trick out his ass every week maybe we can get a ring

Just now, smaxor5 said:

We were missing 2 of our top 3 corners, our best pass rusher and the defense still looked good for the entire game.  What the "all in on the tank" crowd doesn't understand is that that is just one strategy for getting better, there are others.  For instance, with the Jets winning many more games than expected they are suddenly a much more attractive FA destination.  Those top guys like Vernon that said "F that" a couple years ago are now actually considering coming here.  Specifically, a guy like Kirk Cousins might actually come here.

People still believe free agency is about things other than who pays the most?  The Jets will be an attractive destination, because they have the 3rd most money.  The only place I think this might apply is with WRs who know they will do significantly better on teams with better QBs.  The Jets, if you've forgotten, have Josh McCown.

1 minute ago, Maddog45 said:

I know Paul McCartney and Reagan I'm not an idiot , i just don't know who Howard Cosell is , I guess the majority of people here are my fathers and grandfathers age ?  

Well, Howard Cosell is the most recognized sports broadcaster in history.

To me, this feels like ME not knowing who Ed Sullivan is. Or Dean Martin. Or Edward R. Murrow.

1 hour ago, Maddog45 said:

Oh stop already. The Giants are getting Sh!t

Should the Jets end up getting Darnold and Rosen, I can pretty much guarantee that you will be the first one posting after their first INT how McCags blew it by picking Darnold and Rosen.

2 minutes ago, smaxor5 said:

This is a really good point that I hadn't given much thought.  Why would a decent free agent want to come to a really crappy team?   ON the other hand, coming to a team that won 7 to 9 games with a journeyman QB might be much more attractive.

1 minute ago, gEYno said:

People still believe free agency is about things other than who pays the most?  The Jets will be an attractive destination, because they have the 3rd most money.  The only place I think this might apply is with WRs who know they will do significantly better on teams with better QBs.  The Jets, if you've forgotten, have Josh McCown.

Your argument is that money only matters...yet we have money AND are winning with a good defense. Why the hell would Cousins not want to come here exactly?

Just now, shawn306 said:

Oh stop already. The Giants are getting Sh!t

Should the Jets end up getting Darnold and Rosen, I can pretty much guarantee that you will be the first one posting after their first INT how McCags blew it by picking Darnold and Rosen.

I don't know, dude. They can't run the ball. They can't stop the run. They just lost one of the two best receivers in football and the other guys are banged up. They're losing in Denver next week and going to 0-6. It's scary.

Archived