Get ready to wake up against the pats....

Maddog45

7 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Even rooting for the tank, it was easy to enjoy beating the dolphins and playing reasonably well (for most of the game) against Jax.  This win is harder to get fired up about, because the team generally looked awful, and it's likely that all it did was cost us draft capital.  I'm not buying the emergence of Darron Lee or Marcus Maye narratives based on the Browns game, and there wasn't a ton else to like.

Your not buying the emergence of Maye? My god man, it's already his 5th game as a pro, lol. Is he gonna be a future pro bowler? I don't know, but from what I'm witnessing & how he's grading out the Jets have a chance t have the best safety combo in the league in the near future with Adams & Maye! Thomas & Chancellor are the kings now but if the Jets future included players like Michael Bennett I could see them being awesome playmakers. Very happy to probably have finally hit on a 2nd rounder.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Bruce Harper said:

This is a really good point that I hadn't given much thought.  Why would a decent free agent want to come to a really crappy team?   ON the other hand, coming to a team that won 7 to 9 games with a journeyman QB might be much more attractive.

There is no way on God's Green Earth the Jets are winning 7 games, let alone nine.

1 hour ago, Maddog45 said:

This bullsh*t fun time is over .... great we ****ed up our chance at Rosen and darnold damn idiots, now watch the pats come in and destroy mcclown , finally wake up this blind crowd , us whooping super trash teams big whoop.... Giants will get Rosen or darnold , sit behind Eli and become the face of New York while we stay the face of people's jokes. Idiots pick the wrong time to try to win , why didn't they do this sh*t last year .... the year of the qb wanna **** ourseleves cant make this up same ol jets .... and yes Idc about 3 wins in a row when the jets team end up watching the playoffs instead of playing , I'm a realist not a delusion goof like many around here.

who pissed in your Corn Flakes?

Can't we enjoy a few days....

7 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

Oh stop already. The Giants are getting Sh!t

Should the Jets end up getting Darnold and Rosen, I can pretty much guarantee that you will be the first one posting after their first INT how McCags blew it by picking Darnold and Rosen.

Nope once we have them I'll be patient with them, I've always been , I've never down talked mark Sanchez , he brought me a lot of happy times and moments, even thru the picks and pick 6s, even thru him running into 300 lb lineman assholes, the guy took us places , I'll never forget. I've been patient with geno , he made mistakes but that 8-8 season I was like okay he's okay, he got even More respect from me that game against Miami and he had a perfect rating , should've done that every game. I hate sh*tzpatrick though that it and mcclown.

3 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Count the wins. Go through the schedule and show me the wins.

Who did you pick in the Jaguars game? Just curious, cause I can go back & find it, just too lazy and I know the answer.

2 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Knowing this team and the way they can't even lose right they split Jills, sweep fish, split flats, steal one from falcons off just defense maaaaybe steelers , though it could be a pipe dream

We can certainly beat the Fins and the Bills (we also could lose to them, I know).  We would probably have to split with the Pats (not impossible with their crappy defense).  And the Bucs and the Saints aren't exactly world-beaters.  If I was as sure of myself as you are I wouldn't be watching the games.  It's supposed to be fun, remember?  And part of fun is hoping that your team will do better than expected. 

47 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Wtf do you want? There are winless teams out there. Were not as bad as them just accept it. 

You cant asks pros to lose on purpose

Don't you know that by rooting for them and perhaps enjoying this brief feeling of 3-2 means you are effecting the outcome of games? lol

This bullsh*t fun time is over .... great we ****ed up our chance at Rosen and darnold damn idiots, now watch the pats come in and destroy mcclown , finally wake up this blind crowd , us whooping super trash teams big whoop.... Giants will get Rosen or darnold , sit behind Eli and become the face of New York while we stay the face of people's jokes. Idiots pick the wrong time to try to win , why didn't they do this sh*t last year .... the year of the qb wanna **** ourseleves cant make this up same ol jets .... and yes Idc about 3 wins in a row when the jets team end up watching the playoffs instead of playing , I'm a realist not a delusion goof like many around here.

So, what happens, if we win? Do you start a new thread and have us go back to sleep?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Who would YOU have picked after the Jags Ravens game and before our awesome win against Jay Cutler? Go ahead and ******* lie.

This is what I wrote before the Jags game. I wasn't posting sh*t, we're gonna get crushed. Pretty close to how it played out actually.

"I'm not super confident because I don't like our injuries to players we need to step up on D in Mo & Leo. Shell out vs this Jags D also makes me nervous but I do have confidence in the coaching on the offensive side of the ball. I think we're going to play pretty conservative on O, keeping in extra blockers until the 2nd half. The way you tire a defense is to keep the game close, don't abandon the run game too quickly & then open it up more in the 2nd half when their pass rushers aren't jumping out of the cleats anymore."

I forgot who said this in another thread but I agreed with him. We got rid of the vets, traded perhaps our best defensive player, brought back an LB who was a bust here, brought in a CB with an injury history, and most importantly we overpaid a THIRTY EIGHT year old QB with a 2-20 record as a starter to come here. We are destined to be doomed but the players don’t care. They “play to win the game”.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

24 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

I don't know, dude. They can't run the ball. They can't stop the run. They just lost one of the two best receivers in football and the other guys are banged up. They're losing in Denver next week and going to 0-6. It's scary.

Very good chance the Giants are 0-7 after playing Denver and Seattle. They still have 49'ers on tap along with Arizona. They should win those games even without Beckham. They should have Marshall and Sheppard back at least by then. You gotta figure sooner or later that Defense is going to remember how to tackle somebody and with Eli at QB they should be able to win enough games to stay out of the top three.

The teams you honestly should be concerned about are the 49'ers. Chargers, and Browns. Those are awful teams. That will contend for the top three spots

27 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Your not buying the emergence of Maye? My god man, it's already his 5th game as a pro, lol. Is he gonna be a future pro bowler? I don't know, but from what I'm witnessing & how he's grading out the Jets have a chance t have the best safety combo in the league in the near future with Adams & Maye! Thomas & Chancellor are the kings now but if the Jets future included players like Michael Bennett I could see them being awesome playmakers. Very happy to probably have finally hit on a 2nd rounder.

I'm not saying anything negative about him either.  Just that it's not time to crown him like you've done in this post.

1 minute ago, shawn306 said:

Very good chance the Giants are 0-7 after playing Denver and Seattle. They still have 49'ers on tap along with Arizona. They should win those games even without Beckham. They should have Marshall and Sheppard back at least by then. You gotta figure sooner or later that Defense is going to remember how to tackle somebody and with Eli at QB they should be able to win enough games to stay out of the top three.

The teams you honestly should be concerned about are the 49'ers. Chargers, and Browns. Those are awful teams. That will contend for the top three spots

At first I wanted it to be the Jets. That has now morphed into "anyone but the Giants"

At first I wanted it to be the Jets. That has now morphed into "anyone but the Giants"

I hope it's the chargers or niners , maybe we could sell the farm to chargers and to niners if they get cousins 

Just now, Gastineau Lives said:

The Jets still have shot, the schedule is pretty brutal starting with the Pats this week.

I mean let's be honest. This is still a pretty bad team and a team that beat up on a bad Miami team, an up and down Jacksonville team and a putrid Browns team.

I hope the Jets kick the Pats ass on Sunday, just not expecting it, especially with the Pats having 10 days to fix their defensive scheme.

4 minutes ago, gEYno said:

I'm not saying anything negative about him either.  Just that it's not time to crown him like you've done in this post.

Oh, I crowned him? Because I said he's looking good? Man, this site is surreal. Fans betting on our players to hopefully suck, it's so strange. Guys are gonna be PISSED if Adams & Maye turn out to be the dynamic duo,lol.

I'm starting to understand what's happening on this site. The fans who belittled everything the Jets are about starting with Max, The Jets are gonna go 4-1, are losing their minds with the Jets at 3-2. It's like all their heads just blew up.

I'm glad the Jets have a meaningful game against New England in October(who would have thought). It's just hard to be optimistic long term considering the lack of production from the young guys on the roster. Adams looks like a good player, but passing on Watson looks criminal.

I was in on Watson early on pre draft but there was enough info out there as to why we should pass on him at #5. Good for him that he’s doing well but let’s not forget that he is on a playoff team. I’m not saying he doesn’t deserve all the credit for his play but when you are surrounded with a good line, a pro bowl wr and good defense, you have a better opportunity to play better. Not sure how he would have looked here. It’s early though. Let’s not crown any rookies yet.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

12 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

We can afford to sell the farm, too. We have so many awesome pieces in place, we don't need a draft anymore, the work is done.

Idc how we get darnold or Rosen we need one , they ****ed off the cheapest way to get them without giving anything up .

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

Oh, I crowned him? Because I said he's looking good? Man, this site is surreal. Fans betting on our players to hopefully suck, it's so strange. Guys are gonna be PISSED if Adams & Maye turn out to be the dynamic duo,lol.

I'm starting to understand what's happening on this site. The fans who belittled everything the Jets are about starting with Max, The Jets are gonna go 4-1, are losing their minds with the Jets at 3-2. It's like all their heads just blew up.

No, not by saying he looks good.  Your exact words were, "from what I'm witnessing & how he's grading out the Jets have a chance t have the best safety combo in the league in the near future."  After 5 games... I guess you forgot that portion.

Since you enjoy losing become a Giants fan, they are 0-5.
Not necessarily irony but if the giants end up with a top 3 pick and Jets don't it's just another "only the Jets" situation.

Unfortunately the giants have won a SB recently so getting a top 3 pick is like the Colts getting Luck!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Archived