Maddog45

Get ready to wake up against the pats....

Just as, or even more important than having a franchise quarterback is having a front office and coaching staff that builds a good competitve culture. Without that, you're Andrew Luck with the Colts, a waste of time.

2015 I felt we had that in Mac/Bowles. Not going to lie, last year really broke hope. But the turnaround this year (not just based off of W's) in culture and competiveness shows me that for once this team has the right football people running it. We'll see how the rest of the year goes, its still too early to call Mac and Bowles geniuses. 

But if this team keeps growing and winning some games. I'll be happy that we will have the people in place to build a team for when we do find our QB.

Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
2 hours ago, Jetster said:

Oh, I could see it now. A Tank or be fired banner behind a plane flying over Florham Park. Ridiculous! If we did go 0-16 this year who the hell would want to play for this team? It will also prove that Petty & Hackenberg cant play & the rest of the team is garbage too. Bowles & Macc get fired, we start all over AGAIN, yea, GMs & coaches knocking down the door to come to the 0-16 NY Jets,lol. I can guarantee you that when the KC Chiefs signed Alex Smith there were plenty of fans screaming, "what the hell did we sign that bum for?". Now, with a great coach & a bunch of weapons their kicking peoples azzes. He came into the league in 2005! 12 years later look what he's doing. Our fans run people out after 3 games for god sakes. 

Alex smith changed teams as a young guy, I would take him here any day, we have 38 year old mcclown , acting as if that solves this sh*t team's problems

20 minutes ago, Maddog45 said:

Alex smith changed teams as a young guy, I would take him here any day, we have 38 year old mcclown , acting as if that solves this sh*t team's problems

No he didn't

It took him like 5-6 years and a great HC (Harbaugh) before he started to develop.

I've been getting called dumb alot in on the board today. I realize that I have been. I now recognize that a win against one of the worst teams in football history in which we got destroyed in yardage by a two to one margin means that this organization is moving in a positive direction.

I now hope for things that I know will not happen. I look at the schedule of the last eleven games of the year and can't find more than another three wins.  I think six wins against the dregs of the NFL is awesome and the start of something big, though.

I think we have a real shot to beat the Pats, especially after our scintillating performance against the Browns. Chiefs? Pats again? Falcons? Saints? Panthers, Buccaneers? Broncos? I recognize these as all losses, but still, I'm glad we ****ed up our draft position to beat the Browns and Jay Cutler. Blake Bortles, too. Maybe we can break Cutler again (who is already broken, it seems), we can squeak past the Bills and get the Chargers to forget they are ten times better than the offense we gave up 400 yards to yesterday.

We have the 21st ranked offense and the 27th ranked defense, but we are learning to win. That's what counts.

If we were at the end of the season and were in position to grab one of those two potential franchise quarterbacks and we beat the Browns, I'd be upset, because only real fans root for losses at the end of the season when our bad team actually loses a ton of games and PROVES they are as bad as they apparently are. Sh*tty, dumb fans think they know that this horrible team will lose a lot of games at the beginning of the season before that bad team has a chance to prove they are bad and root to lose games in which they are playing the fellow dregs of the NFL.

I'm glad I've seen the light.

14 hours ago, Maddog45 said:

This bullsh*t fun time is over .... great we ****ed up our chance at Rosen and darnold damn idiots, now watch the pats come in and destroy mcclown , finally wake up this blind crowd , us whooping super trash teams big whoop.... Giants will get Rosen or darnold , sit behind Eli and become the face of New York while we stay the face of people's jokes. Idiots pick the wrong time to try to win , why didn't they do this sh*t last year .... the year of the qb wanna **** ourseleves cant make this up same ol jets .... and yes Idc about 3 wins in a row when the jets team end up watching the playoffs instead of playing , I'm a realist not a delusion goof like many around here.

What's the matter didn't mommy show you enough love?

11 minutes ago, long suffering jets fan said:

What's the matter didn't mommy show you enough love?

I like the name there , I'm sure it'll change soon huh ...

Just now, long suffering jets fan said:

I certainly hope so!  Then I'll be come Once Suffering Jets Fan

Lay off the pipe sh*t isn't  changing 

4 minutes ago, long suffering jets fan said:

Wouldn't it be cool if they beat the Pats though....

Only if petty or hack were qb would it be great , winning only fills ego and doesn't help the team for the future because we then miss out on the best qb in the draft. Tired of repeating the same sh*t 

2 minutes ago, Maddog45 said:

Only if petty or hack were qb would it be great , winning only fills ego and doesn't help the team for the future because we then miss out on the best qb in the draft. Tired of repeating the same sh*t 

Why are you still posting when you reputation is like negative 38

9 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

Just as, or even more important than having a franchise quarterback is having a front office and coaching staff that builds a good competitve culture. Without that, you're Andrew Luck with the Colts, a waste of time.

2015 I felt we had that in Mac/Bowles. Not going to lie, last year really broke hope. But the turnaround this year (not just based off of W's) in culture and competiveness shows me that for once this team has the right football people running it. We'll see how the rest of the year goes, its still too early to call Mac and Bowles geniuses. 

But if this team keeps growing and winning some games. I'll be happy that we will have the people in place to build a team for when we do find our QB.

Thank you... THANK YOU...THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

reaction movies memes clapping applause GIF

Just now, kevinc855 said:

Why are you still posting when you reputation is like negative 38

I don't give a damn about that sh*t , bunch of old hags with catheters hanging out their ass down vote me , Idc at this point I'll continue spreading the truth in my blunt manner . They wanna see meaningless wins , I want a powerhouse and perennial winner 

20 hours ago, slats said:

The Jets aren't as bad as you hoped. Sorry.

No player or coach is or was ever going to tank their season -intentionally lose games- for a draft pick. It existed as a fantasy in your head, but it was never the reality. They may not win another game, but at three wins they're already out of the first pick sweepstakes. So enjoy the season, or just be a miserable **** every week. It's really up to you. 

All agendas, recent posting history aside, they just got outgained by the one of the worst teams in history by a 2-1 margin. How good are they? Legit question. Because, to me, that's about as bad as I thought they'd be.

21 hours ago, smaxor5 said:

It's honestly really sad that a large number of Jets fans have lost the ability to cheer for young, upcoming players win games they aren't supposed to.  Like what on earth is wrong with all of you?

The franchise did this to us... beat us down to desperation.  Desperate enough to cheer against them.  And it will NEVER end without a franchise QB.  A  6 win season does nothing to solve the problem, especially in a year with so many lousy teams that will draft a QB.  What is wrong with the people that cannot see that point of view?

I get why some fans wont cheer against their team.  I don't agree with it, but I get it...

6 hours ago, Maddog45 said:

I don't give a damn about that sh*t , bunch of old hags with catheters hanging out their ass down vote me , Idc at this point I'll continue spreading the truth in my blunt manner . They wanna see meaningless wins , I want a powerhouse and perennial winner 

O/U

age 20.5

2 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

All agendas, recent posting history aside, they just got outgained by the one of the worst teams in history by a 2-1 margin. How good are they? Legit question. Because, to me, that's about as bad as I thought they'd be.

Outgained =/= outscored. 

I don't think they're a very good team at all, but they're not looking as bad as I thought they were. This franchise has a long history of playing down to their competition, so it wasn't surprising to me that they put up their worst performance of the year against the Browns - but they still found a way to win. They found a way to win against a Jags team last week when all the momentum was against them. That's a good quality. A quality that makes them a better team than the Browns, who consistently finds ways to lose. 

They're not first pick in the draft bad. That was your expectation and, frankly, it was mine. But they're just not. Not right now, anyway. I'm not gonna get upset about that in October. 

11 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

I've been getting called dumb alot in on the board today. I realize that I have been. I now recognize that a win against one of the worst teams in football history in which we got destroyed in yardage by a two to one margin means that this organization is moving in a positive direction.

I now hope for things that I know will not happen. I look at the schedule of the last eleven games of the year and can't find more than another three wins.  I think six wins against the dregs of the NFL is awesome and the start of something big, though.

I think we have a real shot to beat the Pats, especially after our scintillating performance against the Browns. Chiefs? Pats again? Falcons? Saints? Panthers, Buccaneers? Broncos? I recognize these as all losses, but still, I'm glad we ****ed up our draft position to beat the Browns and Jay Cutler. Blake Bortles, too. Maybe we can break Cutler again (who is already broken, it seems), we can squeak past the Bills and get the Chargers to forget they are ten times better than the offense we gave up 400 yards to yesterday.

We have the 21st ranked offense and the 27th ranked defense, but we are learning to win. That's what counts.

If we were at the end of the season and were in position to grab one of those two potential franchise quarterbacks and we beat the Browns, I'd be upset, because only real fans root for losses at the end of the season when our bad team actually loses a ton of games and PROVES they are as bad as they apparently are. Sh*tty, dumb fans think they know that this horrible team will lose a lot of games at the beginning of the season before that bad team has a chance to prove they are bad and root to lose games in which they are playing the fellow dregs of the NFL.

I'm glad I've seen the light.

Gastineau come one man....

Did you or anyone else on this board (in their right mind) believe or think that the Jets were going to be a good team this year? Anybody?

Indeed most of us, and some NFL prognosticators thought that the Jets were going to be a historically bad team; one of the worst of all time.  Of course the Jets statistics are awful!  How could the Jets statistics be good?  We have young experienced skill players players on offense, a injured and poor OL, and statistically the worst starting QB in the NFL for over the last 5 years who is almost 40 years old; again how could the Jets be playing statistically well? 

And yet despite the poor statistics and the poor obr inexperienced players, the Jets aren't playing down to those expectations; why?  Because the coaching has been way way better then we could have ever imagined. 

We are winning a few games because the team is playing hard.  They are playing hard and the coach is coaching well, that is all we can ask.

I want Petty to start and have said so thread after thread after thread...... but I can't let my desire for Petty to start to cloud my judgment. 

Professionals aren't going to lose on purpose; so we have to enjoy what little we can, which means this year the Jets just playing hard....... 

Though the op stated it rather inelegantly they are correct imo.  This team is going to wing 6 or 7 games and will be all giddy about how good we did until draft day when we watch other teams grab frabchise QBs while we say 'we tried to trade up' and take sloppy second rounders again

On 10/9/2017 at 8:56 AM, Maddog45 said:

This bullsh*t fun time is over .... great we ****ed up our chance at Rosen and darnold damn idiots, now watch the pats come in and destroy mcclown , finally wake up this blind crowd , us whooping super trash teams big whoop.... Giants will get Rosen or darnold , sit behind Eli and become the face of New York while we stay the face of people's jokes. Idiots pick the wrong time to try to win , why didn't they do this sh*t last year .... the year of the qb wanna **** ourseleves cant make this up same ol jets .... and yes Idc about 3 wins in a row when the jets team end up watching the playoffs instead of playing , I'm a realist not a delusion goof like many around here.

well, you're wrong.  building a football team isn't only about positioning for the draft.  sure a good draft can make or break a team but they are supposed to build on the team already in place but imo it's far better to have the team together and playing on the same page of the playbook that have the right to draft one player.

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Though the op stated it rather inelegantly they are correct imo.  This team is going to wing 6 or 7 games and will be all giddy about how good we did until draft day when we watch other teams grab frabchise QBs while we say 'we tried to trade up' and take sloppy second rounders again

it's always possible that mac goes out on a limb and deals for the pick he wants.  even if they don't want to give up their picks this year they can always give up future picks.  imo that will depend on how good they feel the current players are.  thus far they have some real issues with the oline.  maybe it'll get better as the season progresses but maybe they'll need to grab a more highly rated guard or tackle than they ordinarily would.  if they are happy with their current players they are young enough to allow trading away future picks.  risky but there''s no telling until the season plays out.  and as for their final record, 5 or 6 games is probably the limit. things could get interesting if they have 6 wins by the break.

13 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Though the op stated it rather inelegantly they are correct imo.  This team is going to wing 6 or 7 games

Possibly.  I think the over/under is more like 5.  Draft position of ~6-10.

and will be all giddy about how good we did

Lol, no.  Be assured, no one will be giddy at the end of the 2017 season.

until draft day when we watch other teams grab frabchise QBs

Hard to be lament that which we never had. We never were going to be the #1 pick, so why get depressed over not picking #1.

The failure was one of unrealistic hopes and poor evaluation:  this Jets team was never going to go 0-16.  People who thought we would we foolish, and foolishly got their hopes up.

while we say 'we tried to trade up'

Personally, I hope we don't trade up, the cost (multiple years #1's and then some) will be far too great for such a low % investment.

In the supposedly deepest QB draft since 1983, I am content to sit at #6 (say) and select the BAP-QB at that spot.

and take sloppy second rounders again

You realize the same guy who picked our last "sloppy second" will be picking next year, right?

47 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Gastineau come one man....

Did you or anyone else on this board (in their right mind) believe or think that the Jets were going to be a good team this year? Anybody?

Indeed most of us, and some NFL prognosticators thought that the Jets were going to be a historically bad team; one of the worst of all time.  Of course the Jets statistics are awful!  How could the Jets statistics be good?  We have young experienced skill players players on offense, a injured and poor OL, and statistically the worst starting QB in the NFL for over the last 5 years who is almost 40 years old; again how could the Jets be playing statistically well? 

And yet despite the poor statistics and the poor obr inexperienced players, the Jets aren't playing down to those expectations; why?  Because the coaching has been way way better then we could have ever imagined. 

We are winning a few games because the team is playing hard.  They are playing hard and the coach is coaching well, that is all we can ask.

I want Petty to start and have said so thread after thread after thread...... but I can't let my desire for Petty to start to cloud my judgment. 

Professionals aren't going to lose on purpose; so we have to enjoy what little we can, which means this year the Jets just playing hard....... 

No one has ever expected professionals to lose on purpose. No one. Find one for me.

As for the Jets being good, they are not. They have a realistic chance to be 3-13, no matter if you want them to or you do not. It is entirely plausible.

You state all the reasons that they are bad yet say they are good in the same breath. You cannot possibly have watched their last game against one of the worst teams in history, certainly the worst in the NFL (with Kizer at the helm, for sure) and come away thinking that they are good. God bless you, if you can.

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

well, you're wrong.  building a football team isn't only about positioning for the draft.  sure a good draft can make or break a team but they are supposed to build on the team already in place but imo it's far better to have the team together and playing on the same page of the playbook that have the right to draft one player.

I'm talking about this year and this year only ,we need a qb and Rosen / darnold are the best and we miss out because of stupidity 

Just now, Maddog45 said:

I'm talking about this year and this year only ,we need a qb and Rosen / darnold are the best and we miss out because of stupidity 

What stupidity is that, exactly?

Just now, Warfish said:

What stupidity is that, exactly?

Winning pointless games just to fill ego , big whoop we beat these trash teams , funny thing is those teams beat themselves , jags game was lucky , browns beat themselves ,Miami doesn't even have their starting qb. Lay of the pipe , anybody that disagrees is delusional, mcclown is only gonna take our players and fans to playoff and Super Bowl parties , and some idiots believing in playoffs. We win 5-6 games fills your ego huh ? And then we don't get that qb , and cycle continues 

3 minutes ago, Maddog45 said:

Winning pointless games just to fill ego

So who, specifically, is the "Stupid" one winning these games "just to fill ego"?  Who is the responsible party for the "stupidity" you see?

And how would you have chosen/managed to not win these games, as you see it?

On 10/9/2017 at 9:47 AM, smaxor5 said:

It's honestly really sad that a large number of Jets fans have lost the ability to cheer for young, upcoming players win games they aren't supposed to.  Like what on earth is wrong with all of you?

We realize that going 5-11 or 6-10 does not ******* help this team at all but going 1-15 or 2-14 would give us the chance at a difference making QB. But you enjoy your meaningful wins.