J.J Watt

section314

Every injury that an NFL player receives upsets me, but this one hurt more than most. When there was a crisis, a situation that needed immediate attention, J.J used his celebrity status to get a plan in motion to actually help affected people. He galvanized  not only football fans, but a large portion of this country to raise millions for the victims of the hurricane. Heal quickly, J.J. Thank you for doing something to help solve a problem, and not just "taking a knee."

A special player & a really good guy. The injury bug is starting to hit him hard. Personally, I think he's just too big & powerful for his joints to handle, especially as he gets older. Taking on double teams etc takes its toll. Young Leo is going through that now because Mo is a slug & we have no true pass rushers to scare the tackles. Not sure how we're spending our FA dollars next year but if someone like Ansah from Detroit would help if he shakes free. Our interior guys need help.

48 minutes ago, section314 said:

Every injury that an NFL player receives upsets me, but this one hurt more than most. When there was a crisis, a situation that needed immediate attention, J.J used his celebrity status to get a plan in motion to actually help affected people. He galvanized  not only football fans, but a large portion of this country to raise millions for the victims of the hurricane. Heal quickly, J.J. Thank you for doing something to help solve a problem, and not just "taking a knee."

Since you chose to include the taking a knee unnecessarily, it's worth noting that Colin Kaepernick is on his way to donating 1M of his own money (as of june, 700K) to causes he believes in.  JJ Watt donated 100K of his own money.  This is not to disparage Watt at all, as what he's done was nothing short of amazing.  It's just to add some facts to your story.

4 hours ago, section314 said:

Every injury?  Even this one?

2008-1d.JPG

4 hours ago, gEYno said:

Since you chose to include the taking a knee unnecessarily, it's worth noting that Colin Kaepernick is on his way to donating 1M of his own money (as of june, 700K) to causes he believes in.  JJ Watt donated 100K of his own money.  This is not to disparage Watt at all, as what he's done was nothing short of amazing.  It's just to add some facts to your story.

I would've upvoted the OP if not for the "take a knee" addition, which is just further demonstration that many NFL fans either don't understand or refuse to understand what the taking a knee demonstrations are about.  That is despite the fact that NFL players engaging in such acts have expressly stated the reason.  For that reason, I down voted it.

And, of course, I hope JJ has a speedy recovery.

I hate injuries, it really diminishes the NFL product and has a lasting impact on the outcome of seasons.  I wish they could figure out the right set of rule changes that would preserve the fierceness of the fight but that wouldn't result in so many nasty and gruesome outcomes.

JJ Watt has now effectively been sidelined from the league for three years.  He was without a doubt the greatest defender of his generation and everyone has missed his play.

it's too bad about jj's injury.  it just underscores how tough the nfl is and how short the careers of even the great players can be.  i hope for his sake he recognizes his mortality and not come back just for the sake of the money (especially if he doesn't come back 100%).

Archived