Sheldon critical of Jets...or Seahawks...or both?

AFJF

Sheldon with another monster game yesterday. Zero tackles for loss, zero tackles, zero sacks.....

We're five weeks into the season and Sheldon has 12 total tackles and zero sacks.

Where are all the clowns that called me out when I pointed out that Richardson was doing nothing after week 2 and that kearse alone was more value than Sheldon and we netted a free second round pick.

Let's not forget dumping mcdougle for Brooks and pryor for Davis.

Time to give macc a big extension.

There is such a thing as a win-win; we wouldn't resign Sheldon with his issues as it looks like they are working hard to build a locker room that will respect the team, coach, etc. We would not get anything if Sheldon walked as we are likely (even required) to sign several FAs. We got rid of a locker room problem and got a quality WR and a 2nd round pick in exchange. This was a win for the Jets. Even if Sheldon was lighting it up and Seattle was heading towards the SB, it still would be a win.

I understand as far as the 2nd goes, we are better off with Seattle not winning a ton of games, but I am not sure why some fans are so happy that Sheldon is failing.

11 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

There is such a thing as a win-win; we wouldn't resign Sheldon with his issues as it looks like they are working hard to build a locker room that will respect the team, coach, etc. We would not get anything if Sheldon walked as we are likely (even required) to sign several FAs. We got rid of a locker room problem and got a quality WR and a 2nd round pick in exchange. This was a win for the Jets. Even if Sheldon was lighting it up and Seattle was heading towards the SB, it still would be a win.

I understand as far as the 2nd goes, we are better off with Seattle not winning a ton of games, but I am not sure why some fans are so happy that Sheldon is failing.

He did have an INT and a Fumble Recovery, so its not like he is Wilkerson or anything. lol

2 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Sheldon with another monster game yesterday. Zero tackles for loss, zero tackles, zero sacks.....

We're five weeks into the season and Sheldon has 12 total tackles and zero sacks.

Where are all the clowns that called me out when I pointed out that Richardson was doing nothing after week 2 and that kearse alone was more value than Sheldon and we netted a free second round pick.

Let's not forget dumping mcdougle for Brooks and pryor for Davis.

Time to give macc a big extension.

You conveniently left out his fantastic interception to stop a Rams scoring drive and his fumble recovery.

1 hour ago, Joe Jets fan said:

Very curious to see where he signs. 

I think he will be disappointed when he hits the open market. He was looking to break the bank but that will be hard to do if he has another 2-3 sack season. 

1 hour ago, detectivekimble said:

You conveniently left out his fantastic interception to stop a Rams scoring drive and his fumble recovery.

You mean the bad pass that was deflected up into the air that he caught and the fumble that bounced up into his hands (when he was getting zero pressure on the QB)? Yeah, pretty sure those were plays just about every player (minus mo wilk) would/should make. Where are the sacks after 5 games? Pretty sure the Seahawks didn't trade for him to pick up loose balls from the ground or catch balls that are deflected up into the air. 

For comparison, Kony Ealy's pass deflection and INT was a far more impressive play since he was the one that caused the Turnover and wasn't just in the right spot at the right time. 

Here is the video of the FANTASTIC plays he made for those that didn't see. 

RIchardson is the gift that keeps on giving by giving us weekly reminders on why he’s a locker room problem. At this point, his game doesn’t even cover the cost of his locker room cancer tendencies. 

Hopefully the Front Office can cash in on the second round pick we got in return for him and he’ll be the gift that keeps on giving for another 5 years or so.

3 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

You mean the bad pass that was deflected up into the air that he caught and the fumble that bounced up into his hands (when he was getting zero pressure on the QB)? Yeah, pretty sure those were plays just about every player (minus mo wilk) would/should make. Where are the sacks after 5 games? Pretty sure the Seahawks didn't trade for him to pick up loose balls from the ground or catch balls that are deflected up into the air. 

For comparison, Kony Ealy's pass deflection and INT was a far more impressive play since he was the one that caused the Turnover and wasn't just in the right spot at the right time. 

But they still count, and you conveniently left those stats out. 

You can't call out people in order to pat yourself on the back about facts that you seemed to stack the deck on a bit. 

The fumble and int counts bro

6 minutes ago, bitonti said:

for all his flaws, Sheldon seemed to buy in 100% as a Jets player. He was proud to be part of this team. 

And why not? remember when Rex let him score TDs? 

Richardson types come out in every draft now in droves. There's zero reason to put up with the dickheadedness as these interior DL's get more replaceable.

Totally agree I'm glad that Richardson is gone and we got what we got for him.

The big issue for me, however, is that we spent the past six years drafting D-lineman, we let the one good D-lineman (Snacks, who ironically was a UDFA)  sign with the Giants, and now our D-line is the weakest part of our defense. 

22 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Right. He was facing away from the QB and in pursuit of the RB.  That's a great play for a 300 pound man.  But go ahead, keep discrediting the guy.

Archived