Time to put your money where your mouths are

Gastineau Lives

Okay, here's the deal you lucky devils. I am offering to bet anyone that is interested on the rest of the season. 20 bucks a game. The catch is, you can't cherry pick games you must take the rest of the season as a whole. So, for example:

If the Jets go 6-5 the rest of the way, I owe you 20 bucks. If they go 5-6, you owe me 20. We'll exchange Pay Pal info at the end of the season and you can all take my money.

Easy money, right? Unless you don't believe the Jets can get to 8-8, if you are just talking out of your a$$hole and ARE actually rooting for a six win team but won't admit it. In that case, perhaps you should just shut the **** up, no?

I'm serious about the bets, though. Let me know in this thread if you'd like to take my money.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Okay, here's the deal you lucky devils. I am offering to bet anyone that is interested on the rest of the season. 20 bucks a game. The catch is, you can't cherry pick games you must take the rest of the season as a whole. So, for example:

If the Jets go 6-5 the rest of the way, I owe you 20 bucks. If they go 5-6, you owe me 20. We'll exchange Pay Pal info at the end of the season and you can all take my money.

Easy money, right? Unless you don't believe the Jets can get to 8-8, if you are just talking out of your a$$hole and ARE actually rooting for a six win team but won't admit it. In that case, perhaps you should just shut the **** up, no?

I'm serious about the bets, though. Let me know in this thread if you'd like to take my money.

so you want to bet on the jets to lose while telling jets fans to shut the **** up?

I don't need to bet to show my how much confidence I have in this team getting to the playoffs.  You can feel it in my spirit and my passion.  You can see it on the field.  It's in the air.  It's a magical season and I'm riding this mother****er like the kid on the rollercoaster with his hands up over his head laughing and crying at the same time.

This team is legit.  1st place and ass whipping is about to take place on the Patriots.  There is no looking back. 

Go Jets!!!!  

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

I don't need to bet to show my how much confidence I have in this team getting to the playoffs.  You can feel it in my spirit and my passion.  You can see it on the field.  It's in the air.  It's a magical season and I'm riding this mother****er like the kid on the rollercoaster with his hands up over his head laughing and crying at the same time.

This team is legit.  1st place and ass whipping is about to take place on the Patriots.  There is no looking back. 

Go Jets!!!!  

Clicking the blue heart is not enough for this post. I'm typing it: Blue Heart.

2 minutes ago, The Crimson King said:

You need to give some steep odds with an O/U of 5-6 so you are only offering a sucker's bet

What do you realistically feel is the record for the last 11? That is what you should offer in the bet

Why is it a suckers bet? The Jets are winning at least 7 game, probably nine, maybe even winning the division, from what I understand. I'M the one taking the giant risk here.

Just now, Gastineau Lives said:

Why is it a suckers bet? The Jets are winning at least 7 game, probably nine, maybe even winning the division, from what I understand. I'M the one taking the giant risk here.

Very little risk at 5-6 for you. 

This is a classic case of putting your money where your mouth is. The whole idea is OK, but you need to make it realistic.

2 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

5-6 was just the simplest example. If the Jets go 11-0 the rest of the way, I owe you 220!

Ah, I misread the bet. So if they go a more realistic 3-9, the bettor owes you $60. Interesting way to do it.

As much as I enjoy any win, whether it be just one more this year or six, any bet over 3 or 4 would be most unwise. 

Again, sucker bet. No way Vegas or any other pro gambler offers even money on 5.5 wins for the balance, so if you are serious and reasonably objective in your thinking, you should offer odds or reduce the number of wins.

Just now, The Crimson King said:

Ah, I misread the bet. So if they go a more realistic 3-9, the bettor owes you $60. Interesting way to do it.

As much as I enjoy any win, whether it be just one more this year or six, any bet over 3 or 4 would be most unwise. 

Again, sucker bet. No way Vegas or any other pro gambler offers even money on 5.5 wins for the balance, so if you are serious and reasonably objective in your thinking, you should offer odds or reduce the number of wins.

I'm not objective, not by a mile.

28 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

:lol:

No, seriously, :lol:

6 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

So you want to bet me then. If not take your emoticons and shove them back where they belong.

The amount of tears flowing from you and your ilk of late is enough to reflood all of Texas.

How about you pay all of us $20 for every win above what YOU thought the team would get this year.

So far, you owe all of us $60.  :lol:

Or, alternatively, just stop crying like a whiny collicky baby? :rolleyes:

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

The amount of tears flowing from you and your ilk of late is enough to reflood all of Texas.

How about you pay all of us $20 for every win above what YOU thought the team would get this year.

So far, you owe all of us $60.  

Or, alternatively, just stop crying like a whiny collicky baby?

If by whining you mean that I'm unhappy. You ******* bet your ass I'm unhappy. What does that have to do with the fact that you KNOW in the depths of your little mind that we are not winning more than six games this year, so you are rooting for wins KNOWING that we will not win more than six. I might be a whiner, but you're a giant ******* vagina who can't take not rooting for the Jets to win like a six year old planted in front of your tv because it feels wrong and hurts too much.

Basically, it comes down to the fact that you don't think much of Darnold or Rosen. If you did, you'd be crying too. You'd be just as big a bitch as you're calling me.

3 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

If by whining you mean that I'm unhappy. You ******* bet your ass I'm unhappy.

snotbubbles.jpg

What does that have to do with the fact that you KNOW in the depths of your little mind that we are not winning more than six games this year, so you are rooting for wins KNOWING that we will not win more than six.

If I root for losses, will they lose more?  

We're 3-2.  The dregs are all 0-5.  The team is better than you thought.

The root for draft position debate is effectively over.  Math dude, math.

I might be a whiner, but you're a giant ******* vagina who can't take not rooting for the Jets to win like a six year old planted in front of your tv.

Yes, what a horrible Jets fan I am, watching the games and enjoying the wins.  Damn me, DAMN ME TO HELLLLLLL!!!!!!

You're a joke mate.  A punchline.

Just now, Gastineau Lives said:

If by whining you mean that I'm unhappy. You ******* bet your ass I'm unhappy. What does that have to do with the fact that you KNOW in the depths of your little mind that we are not winning more than six games this year, so you are rooting for wins KNOWING that we will not win more than six. I might be a whiner, but you're a giant ******* vagina who can't take not rooting for the Jets to win like a six year old planted in front of your tv.

By rooting for your team to lose, you are not a fan. What's good about winning is that it's proof the Jets have young talent on the team and that they are improving. Who the f*ck actively roots for their team to lose? 

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

So far, you owe all of us $60.  

Or, alternatively, just stop crying like a whiny collicky baby?

LOL! I was thinking the same thing. This guy thought the Jets were picking 1st at 1-15. Now at the 3-2 the bet he should make is the Jets wont win another game this year as their 2 games over his projection at 3-2. So, I'll bet you that the Jets win 4 games in 2017, 3 over your preseason & you give me $10,000 if they win one more game.

Someone pull up some of Gastineau Lives preseason posts. I love these guys that change the narrative now that the Jets are 3-2, but...but..but...Sam Rosen, I mean Josh Darnold-Mayfair.

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

snotbubbles.jpg

If I root for losses, will they lose more?  

We're 3-2.  The dregs are all 0-5.  The team is better than you thought.

The root for draft position debate is effectively over.  Math dude, math.

Yes, what a horrible Jets fan I am, watching the games and enjoying the wins.  Damn me, DAMN ME TO HELLLLLLL!!!!!!

You're a joke mate.  A punchline.

No you're a joke, mate. A punchline. Wow, you really are a master debater. I didn't know how easy it was. Edit: **** I forgot your best argument:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS7nqwGt4-I

Enjoy the wins, you ******* child. See you in May when we STILL have no idea who the **** the QB is going to be.

Archived