Time to put your money where your mouths are

Gastineau Lives

37 minutes ago, JiF said:

I don't need to bet to show my how much confidence I have in this team getting to the playoffs.  You can feel it in my spirit and my passion.  You can see it on the field.  It's in the air.  It's a magical season and I'm riding this mother****er like the kid on the rollercoaster with his hands up over his head laughing and crying at the same time.

This team is legit.  1st place and ass whipping is about to take place on the Patriots.  There is no looking back. 

Go Jets!!!!  

I like the cut of your jib

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

"You can't cherry pick games," says the guy who gets real tough about such bets only after what were always seen as the 3 most winnable games of the season have passed.

But sure, you go ahead and enjoy your little temper tantrum.

Simultaneously offending Christians in the process.  Maybe he needs to find some peace in his life. 

13 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

If by whining you mean that I'm unhappy. You ******* bet your ass I'm unhappy. What does that have to do with the fact that you KNOW in the depths of your little mind that we are not winning more than six games this year, so you are rooting for wins KNOWING that we will not win more than six. I might be a whiner, but you're a giant ******* vagina who can't take not rooting for the Jets to win like a six year old planted in front of your tv because it feels wrong and hurts too much.

Basically, it comes down to the fact that you don't think much of Darnold or Rosen. If you did, you'd be crying too. You'd be just as big a bitch as you're calling me.

What if we lose out, end up with the #1 overall pick and choose the QB of your choice...and he busts?  Happy or unhappy?

2 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Oh, are you saying you DIDN'T see the rest of the schedule while hoping for them to beat the Jags, Dolphins and Browns?

I said before the season and the last couple weeks that they have a ceiling of about 8 wins.  I realized McCown is and was better than Fitz and all of the so-called major losses were actually additions by subtraction.

Not interested in a bet with these terms.  I have however really enjoyed watching the Tankers scramble to make sense of it all the last few weeks.

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

What if we lose out, end up with the #1 overall pick and choose the QB of your choice...and he busts?  Happy or unhappy?

Unhappy, but at least I had a realistic shot to finally find a franchise QB and was hoping for that other than some foggy idea about drafting some guy later in the draft and HE turns into Dak Prescott or selling my next three drafts to trade up for one (with a team that will probably need one of their own) or sign a thirty year old Kirk Cousins for 600 million dollars or Alex Smith who will be in his 14th season.

4 minutes ago, Pac said:

I said before the season and the last couple weeks that they have a ceiling of about 8 wins.  I realized McCown is and was better than Fitz and all of the so-called major losses were actually additions by subtraction.

Not interested in a bet with these terms.  I have however really enjoyed watching the Tankers scramble to make sense of it all the last few weeks.

They're still a bad, bad football team. If the Browns kicker makes a ******* field goal and ours doesn't nail a 57 yarder, we lose to them. Kevin Hogan went 16 for 19 for 200 yards and 2 tds against us. Kevin Hogan. The Browns.  Outgained us 419-212. Let that sink in.

11 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

My plan is to watch the games and not have a complete mental breakdown about things that may or may not happen in the future of which I have absolutely no control.

Oh so being a jets fan all these years has been one long session in Zen Buddhism? Fak awf, you liar. Sell that sh*t somewhere else, BLEEDING green .

You: I BLEEEED GREEN

Also you: I believe you're overreacting, young man.

2 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Oh so being a jets fan all these years has been one long session in Zen Buddhism? Fak awf

I don't agree with anything you've said this thread other than telling BG to fak awf.  That, I endorse.

51 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

They're still a bad, bad football team. If the Browns kicker makes a ******* field goal and ours doesn't nail a 57 yarder, we lose to them. Kevin Hogan went 16 for 19 for 200 yards and 2 tds against us. Kevin Hogan. The Browns.  Outgained us 419-212. Let that sink in.

The Jets won , let that sink in. If the Jets outgained the Browns 419-212 and lost you wouldn't be saying but the Jets outplayed them - you'd just be all giddy and moist that they lost.

1 hour ago, JetsFanatic said:

By rooting for your team to lose, you are not a fan. What's good about winning is that it's proof the Jets have young talent on the team and that they are improving. Who the f*ck actively roots for their team to lose? 

This guy. and per usual the Jets are doing opposite of what I'd like

1 hour ago, JetsFanatic said:

By rooting for your team to lose, you are not a fan. What's good about winning is that it's proof the Jets have young talent on the team and that they are improving. Who the f*ck actively roots for their team to lose? 

A lot of people who don't believe there's a meaningful difference between winning 0 games and winning 6 games.  However, who understand that there is a meaningful difference in the end of year compensation for winning 0 games and winning 6 games.

15 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

The Jets won , let that sink in. If the Jets outgained the Browns 419-212 and lost you wouldn't be saying but the Jets outplayed them - you'd just be all giddy and moist that they lost.

So, you don't think that the fact they got outplayed by the Browns means anything, right?

And yup, I'd be giddy as a mfer. Moist? Oh, you mean that I'm a GIRL. That's ******* clever. I guess that makes you both right AND a man. Or maybe you're a compensating bitch?

11 minutes ago, HessStation said:

It's about playing the odds JIF. 3-13 is better than 7-9.

The thing you fail to understand is that draft position means nothing. I don't even know why they have the draft in descending order. They should just throw all the players in a giant hopper and hand them out like Santa Claus. Hey, look what we got! A safety and three pairs of underwear!

3 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

So, you don't think that the fact they got outplayed by the Browns means anything, right?

And yup, I'd be giddy as a mfer. Moist? Oh, you mean that I'm a GIRL. That's ******* clever. I guess that makes you both right AND a man. Or maybe you're a compensating bitch?

Last I looked nobody awards NFL teams anything for outplaying someone and losing .

The only bitch in this conversation is a whiny butt hurt one because the Jets won of all things.

8 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Question: Is this a good place to point out that the same folks who have been bitching about needing a REAL ULTIMATE REBUILD are the same ones now rooting for us to go .500?

being competitive during a rebuild is actually a good thing.

unless you subscribe to the idiotic theory you have to be 1-15 to become a contender.

10 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

whiny butt hurt

And I'm the child.

If you don't think the quality of wins matters, I don't know what to tell you.  We got destroyed by the worst team in football. If you think that portends well for the future (Darron Lee made a play!!!) when the QB that led that victory is Josh McCown, then play with your own mind. I see it for what it is.

4 minutes ago, Pac said:

being competitive during a rebuild is actually a good thing.

unless you subscribe to the idiotic theory you have to be 1-15 to become a contender.

I subscribe to the theory that you have to have a QB to become a contender. 

I also subscribe to the theory that polarized arguments, in which both sides just hammer each other with confirmation bias, are fun to poke at.

Archived