Jump to content
Gastineau Lives

Time to put your money where your mouths are

Recommended Posts

Okay, here's the deal you lucky devils. I am offering to bet anyone that is interested on the rest of the season. 20 bucks a game. The catch is, you can't cherry pick games you must take the rest of the season as a whole. So, for example:

If the Jets go 6-5 the rest of the way, I owe you 20 bucks. If they go 5-6, you owe me 20. We'll exchange Pay Pal info at the end of the season and you can all take my money.

Easy money, right? Unless you don't believe the Jets can get to 8-8, if you are just talking out of your a$$hole and ARE actually rooting for a six win team but won't admit it. In that case, perhaps you should just shut the **** up, no?

I'm serious about the bets, though. Let me know in this thread if you'd like to take my money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
4 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Okay, here's the deal you lucky devils. I am offering to bet anyone that is interested on the rest of the season. 20 bucks a game. The catch is, you can't cherry pick games you must take the rest of the season as a whole. So, for example:

If the Jets go 6-5 the rest of the way, I owe you 20 bucks. If they go 5-6, you owe me 20. We'll exchange Pay Pal info at the end of the season and you can all take my money.

Easy money, right? Unless you don't believe the Jets can get to 8-8, if you are just talking out of your a$$hole and ARE actually rooting for a six win team but won't admit it. In that case, perhaps you should just shut the **** up, no?

I'm serious about the bets, though. Let me know in this thread if you'd like to take my money.

so you want to bet on the jets to lose while telling jets fans to shut the **** up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't need to bet to show my how much confidence I have in this team getting to the playoffs.  You can feel it in my spirit and my passion.  You can see it on the field.  It's in the air.  It's a magical season and I'm riding this mother****er like the kid on the rollercoaster with his hands up over his head laughing and crying at the same time.

This team is legit.  1st place and ass whipping is about to take place on the Patriots.  There is no looking back. 

Go Jets!!!!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Is that what you read? Would YOU like to make some money?

I am pretty sure that is what i read, i didnt think that you were that fan though. And no, I wouldnt wager on this jets team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

Isn't this the guy who said browns were putting up 30 yesterday?

I believe this is one of those double down thingy where you're trying to go big to make up for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You need to give some steep odds with an O/U of 5-6 so you are only offering a sucker's bet

What do you realistically feel is the record for the last 11? That is what you should offer in the bet

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JiF said:

I don't need to bet to show my how much confidence I have in this team getting to the playoffs.  You can feel it in my spirit and my passion.  You can see it on the field.  It's in the air.  It's a magical season and I'm riding this mother****er like the kid on the rollercoaster with his hands up over his head laughing and crying at the same time.

This team is legit.  1st place and ass whipping is about to take place on the Patriots.  There is no looking back. 

Go Jets!!!!  

Clicking the blue heart is not enough for this post. I'm typing it: Blue Heart.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Crimson King said:

You need to give some steep odds with an O/U of 5-6 so you are only offering a sucker's bet

What do you realistically feel is the record for the last 11? That is what you should offer in the bet

 

Why is it a suckers bet? The Jets are winning at least 7 game, probably nine, maybe even winning the division, from what I understand. I'M the one taking the giant risk here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gastineau Lives said:

Why is it a suckers bet? The Jets are winning at least 7 game, probably nine, maybe even winning the division, from what I understand. I'M the one taking the giant risk here.

Very little risk at 5-6 for you. 

This is a classic case of putting your money where your mouth is. The whole idea is OK, but you need to make it realistic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HessStation said:

I'm confused. 

If I get 20 when they lose and you get 20 when they win. IM IN

You can take some of my action from all the real fans, if you'd like. They're going to be pouring in with their credit cards in hand any minute now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Crimson King said:

Very little risk at 5-6 for you. 

This is a classic case of putting your money where your mouth is. The whole idea is OK, but you need to make it realistic.

5-6 was just the simplest example. If the Jets go 11-0 the rest of the way, I owe you 220!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

5-6 was just the simplest example. If the Jets go 11-0 the rest of the way, I owe you 220!

Ah, I misread the bet. So if they go a more realistic 3-9, the bettor owes you $60. Interesting way to do it.

As much as I enjoy any win, whether it be just one more this year or six, any bet over 3 or 4 would be most unwise. 

Again, sucker bet. No way Vegas or any other pro gambler offers even money on 5.5 wins for the balance, so if you are serious and reasonably objective in your thinking, you should offer odds or reduce the number of wins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Crimson King said:

Ah, I misread the bet. So if they go a more realistic 3-9, the bettor owes you $60. Interesting way to do it.

As much as I enjoy any win, whether it be just one more this year or six, any bet over 3 or 4 would be most unwise. 

Again, sucker bet. No way Vegas or any other pro gambler offers even money on 5.5 wins for the balance, so if you are serious and reasonably objective in your thinking, you should offer odds or reduce the number of wins.

I'm not objective, not by a mile.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Okay, here's the deal you lucky devils. I am offering to bet anyone that is interested on the rest of the season. 20 bucks a game. The catch is, you can't cherry pick games you must take the rest of the season as a whole. So, for example:

If the Jets go 6-5 the rest of the way, I owe you 20 bucks. If they go 5-6, you owe me 20. We'll exchange Pay Pal info at the end of the season and you can all take my money.

Easy money, right? Unless you don't believe the Jets can get to 8-8, if you are just talking out of your a$$hole and ARE actually rooting for a six win team but won't admit it. In that case, perhaps you should just shut the **** up, no?

I'm serious about the bets, though. Let me know in this thread if you'd like to take my money.

:lol:

No, seriously, :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

The amount of tears flowing from you and your ilk of late is enough to reflood all of Texas.

How about you pay all of us $20 for every win above what YOU thought the team would get this year.

So far, you owe all of us $60.  

Or, alternatively, just stop crying like a whiny collicky baby?

If by whining you mean that I'm unhappy. You ******* bet your ass I'm unhappy. What does that have to do with the fact that you KNOW in the depths of your little mind that we are not winning more than six games this year, so you are rooting for wins KNOWING that we will not win more than six. I might be a whiner, but you're a giant ******* vagina who can't take not rooting for the Jets to win like a six year old planted in front of your tv because it feels wrong and hurts too much.

Basically, it comes down to the fact that you don't think much of Darnold or Rosen. If you did, you'd be crying too. You'd be just as big a bitch as you're calling me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×