" New doomsday scenario for Jets : Giants land USC QB Sam Darnold in draft ' ~ ~ ~

kelly

Just now, bostonmajet said:

Missing out on a top QB is bad, but why do we care what the Giants do? How many mortal enemies do we need? We are not Sheldon Cooper; I realize when we suck we care what other teams do, but they are a joke - a true circus; yet nobody cares. 

And, the Giants problem is with their OL and WRs and not their QB at this point.

hqdefault.jpg

B)

Its amazing how the NFL rolls.  People thought that the Giants were a Super Bowl team-they have completely crashed now.  They do have Manning for another year or two.  They could be in a position to draft high enough to draft a QB.  

I would not call it doomsday.  I don't know how the Jets ever get to the place where they are drafting at the top of the draft.  They will always have the coach who wants to win the last few meaningless games, and a GM that does not want to reach for a 1st round QB.   McCown could theoretically be the second coming of Trent Dilfer-if the Jets had an OL and running game, McCown is playing well enough to take them to the playoffs.  

I predict that they will go hard for a FA QB this off season, which would only use up 1/4 of their cap space.  Add to that more FAs and some high draft picks, and they could be in business.   But Mahomes and Watson were taken 10 and 12, which is around where the Jets likely pick this year, so hopefully they can take a shot at a 5 year QB while the FA holds the fort.

2 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Why try to rub it in my face? Why add the extra kick in the ass? Do you know me? Have I done something to you? Are you still in high school or miss it?

And while we're at it, who do you imagine you're not backing down from?

Here's an exercise: Say what you just typed out loud in front of people and tell me if you don't feel like an idiot.

image.png

57 minutes ago, freestater said:

We play them once every four years, in a meaningful game. Right now, giants fans should worry about Prescott and Wentz. They look like they're going to be tearing the g-men a new one for a good long while right now...

Especially Wentz. Prescott has the enviable position of a top 3 Oline, some solid vets in Dez & Witten, top 3 running back. As soon as those things age & walk away meh.

As a fan of a team that has a lot of money in cap next year and will probably also have a high draft pick, I just want to rely on the words of the new CEO: observe and measure progress this season. 

If the Jets don't win again this season, so be it, and top ten draft pick here we come. If we win a two or three more games, that's good too, because that means that young players are establishing themselves.

I simply cannot stomach that a coach, any coach, coaches players on the art of losing.

2 hours ago, HessStation said:

Deep thinker

Seen him throw a pass or 2 that made Kurt Herbstreit bust a nut on live TV. 

I hate Mehta. But have to admit that somewhere in the back of my brain this dreaded thought is there. Even heard a Giant fan and Jet fan in an elevator talking about it. And would figure that when a franchise QB is the gift the NFL's sheetiest team gets for losing lots of games, the Jets are finding a way to screw that up. Winning 5 or 6 games again to get on  the treadmill of mediocrity AGAIN  is f__ing pointless. 

3 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

I have watched:

36 seasons of Jet football, missing a handful of games over that span. Watched every game of the Kotite era, every game of a 1-15 season, basically every game of what has been, for the most part, a sh*tshow.

If Darnold or Rosen turn out to be one of the best QB's in football in a Giant's uniform, that might be the thing that sends me over the side, never to return.

Unless you remember Lou Holtz, you're a newbie.

20 hours ago, Beerfish said:

The New York Giants select, Sam Darold QB USC.

We have a trade to announce, the bills have just traded up to #2 overall!

The Buffalo Bills select Josh Rosen UCLA

44003.png

tumblr_mhjl3n82mg1qc8jh0o1_250.gif

:wine:

On 10/10/2017 at 12:14 PM, Gas2No99 said:

Have you been immersed with that scent so much you can detect it through a computer screen? 

It's all relative. To say it wreaks of a sanitary product in this forum, as a metaphor, is like saying there was no entrance exam required in order to participate here, sadly obvious by the content of its posters . :P

1342105_o.gif

I may be in the minority but I really think Darnold will not be the all saving franchise QB that people think he will be.  I see him eventually being a middle of the pack QB but that is much better than anything we have had here recently.  I think Rosen is our guy if we can get him. 

Mehta is a douche but it WOULD be tough to swallow if the Jets play themselves out of a chance at picking a top tier QB in the draft and the Giants end up getting one.  At least for me, this would highlight the ineptness + bad luck formula that the Jets have been using for years.

20 hours ago, ChuckkieB said:

Mehta is a douche but it WOULD be tough to swallow if the Jets play themselves out of a chance at picking a top tier QB in the draft and the Giants end up getting one.  At least for me, this would highlight the ineptness + bad luck formula that the Jets have been using for years.

A0NV05n.gif

:(

Archived