Adrian Peterson traded to Cardinals

AFJF

3 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

What a bizarre few years he's had.

That Video of him yapping at Sean Payton on the sideline was classic. Sean just turns around to look at him, turns back around & just ignores him,lol. Payton had a,yea, you used to be great look on his face. I knew he wasn't long for the Saints after that. Minny needed him after Cook got hurt but they weren't going back so Zona makes a lot of sense.

9 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

I saw him play the other week, him and Payton don't get on, good for both parties.

Doesn't catch out of the backfield, a prerequisite for Saints offense. Surprised they signed him in the 1st place.

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

That Video of him yapping at Sean Payton on the sideline was classic. Sean just turns around to look at him, turns back around & just ignores him,lol. Payton had a,yea, you used to be great look on his face. I knew he wasn't long for the Saints after that. Minny needed him after Cook got hurt but they weren't going back so Zona makes a lot of sense.

And that was Week 1, wasn't it?

48 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Nice waste of a draft pick from an aging team that is already bottoming out and will need evert pick available to rebuild.

Keep aging & send Brees our way for a couple of years with Morton! That would get our WRs excited,lol. Enunwa, "I'll play with a neck brace".

7 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Keep aging & send Brees our way for a couple of years with Morton! That would get our WRs excited,lol. Enunwa, "I'll play with a neck brace".

At 39, Brees doesn't look like he has slowed down at all. At this rate it looks like he has 3-4 years left. I'd take him if we are out of the hunt on the top QB's of the draft, and have to draft someone who needs time to develop.

But, if he leavee NOLA, I'm sure he's only going to a team ready to contend...not us.

16 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

At 39, Brees doesn't look like he has slowed down at all. At this rate it looks like he has 3-4 years left. I'd take him if we are out of the hunt on the top QB's of the draft, and have to draft someone who needs time to develop.

But, if he leavee NOLA, I'm sure he's only going to a team ready to contend...not us.

Love the guy, and he's definitely an amazing all time QB. That being said, I don't see Brees being "Brees" anywhere without Payton.

9 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Love the guy, and he's definitely an amazing all time QB. That being said, I don't see Brees being "Brees" anywhere without Payton.

Great QBs need a match.

Montana was great with Walsh.  Brady is great with BB.  Steve Young was needed Walsh to tame him.  Farve needed Holmgren to reel him in.

1 minute ago, chirorob said:

Great QBs need a match.

Montana was great with Walsh.  Brady is great with BB.  Steve Young was needed Walsh to tame him.  Farve needed Holmgren to reel him in.

Without a doubt.

Great QBs like Montana, Brady, Brees, Bradshaw are largely a product of their own talent melding with a phenomenal system tailored to their greatest strengths.

Otherworldly guys like Peyton and Elway and Marino are largely responsible for their own successes; regardless of system or coaching. However, with football being the ultimate team sport where coaching matters more than maybe any other of the big 4, that's also why there are a lot more failures for this group (Marino 0 SBs, Elway 4 SBs lost, Peyton only 2 rings out of only 4 appearances). That's also why when they lose, they generally lose big.

I'm just saying, if we got Peyton when the Colts released him, I think he immediately would have turned this team around regardless of the coach/system. I don't feel the same way about Brees if Payton doesn't come along for the ride.

6 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Without a doubt.

Great QBs like Montana, Brady, Brees, Bradshaw are largely a product of their own talent melding with a phenomenal system tailored to their greatest strengths.

Otherworldly guys like Peyton and Elway and Marino are largely responsible for their own successes; regardless of system or coaching. However, with football being the ultimate team sport where coaching matters more than maybe any other of the big 4, that's also why there are a lot more failures for this group (Marino 0 SBs, Elway 4 SBs lost, Peyton only 2 rings out of only 4 appearances). That's also why when they lose, they generally lose big.

I'm just saying, if we got Peyton when the Colts released him, I think he immediately would have turned this team around regardless of the coach/system. I don't feel the same way about Brees if Payton doesn't come along for the ride.

Peyton went to Denver, and made them change their system to what he could run.   They went to a Super Bowl like that, then he got old, and their D became amazing, and they went back to running their O.

Elway took such mediocre teams to the Super Bowl.   Name one other elite talent on those early Bronco team.   Elway would be good anywhere.   People here love to bash Marino (I know I do) because he never won a ring.   After drafting him, they added nothing.   Duper and Clayton were two quick WR who would be slot receivers today.   Marino's talent would make anyone look good.  I mean, He threw for 5000 yards and 48 TD in 1984!  No one touched those marks for decades.   Marino in NO now?    He'd put up Brees stats easy.  

Brees here, in the cold, out doors...  I don't know.   He'd be a huge improvement if Peyton came with him, but he wouldn't throw for 5000 yards.   We don't have the offensive talent for him to do it.

3 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Peyton went to Denver, and made them change their system to what he could run.   They went to a Super Bowl like that, then he got old, and their D became amazing, and they went back to running their O.

Elway took such mediocre teams to the Super Bowl.   Name one other elite talent on those early Bronco team.   Elway would be good anywhere.   People here love to bash Marino (I know I do) because he never won a ring.   After drafting him, they added nothing.   Duper and Clayton were two quick WR who would be slot receivers today.   Marino's talent would make anyone look good.  I mean, He threw for 5000 yards and 48 TD in 1984!  No one touched those marks for decades.   Marino in NO now?    He'd put up Brees stats easy.  

Brees here, in the cold, out doors...  I don't know.   He'd be a huge improvement if Peyton came with him, but he wouldn't throw for 5000 yards.   We don't have the offensive talent for him to do it.

JMO; if Mcown looks "alright" here than Brees would be just fine.  IMO McCown should be in the stands with me and Brees is a HOF QB, still, there is simply no comparison. 

We only should wish to be so lucky!! 

2 hours ago, chirorob said:

Great QBs need a match.

so peyton manning needed tony dungy? jim caldwell? tony kubiak?  imo there's a high degree of truth in your statement but i think a lot of that has to do with how long some of these guys actually play at a high level.  i know i was impressed as s**t when farve had his one season with the jets.  he came in and it was like the offense turned on a light (at least until his arm went south).  and manning took the broncos to a superbowl win without having an arm left.  even chaddy took a dolfin team coached by sparano to the playoffs.  some of these guys just know how to play the game.  it's uncanny at times.

2 hours ago, chirorob said:

imo an old qb just can't help being a health risk.  if the jets had an oline that was reliable maybe they could risk it.  when favre came to the jets they had brick, mangold, faneca, moore and woody (i think).  that was a good oline.

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

so peyton manning needed tony dungy? jim caldwell? tony kubiak?  imo there's a high degree of truth in your statement but i think a lot of that has to do with how long some of these guys actually play at a high level.  i know i was impressed as s**t when farve had his one season with the jets.  he came in and it was like the offense turned on a light (at least until his arm went south).  and manning took the broncos to a superbowl win without having an arm left.  even chaddy took a dolfin team coached by sparano to the playoffs.  some of these guys just know how to play the game.  it's uncanny at times.

Well, those 1st 2 guys had nothing to do with the offense.  Peyton on the Broncos kind of converted their offense to what he was comfortable with.   Farve did similar with the Jets.

Look, Peyton could thrive most any offense, as long as he was free to check the calls at the line.  I mean, the guy could read any defense, and until the very end he had a very good arm.   Farve was def. at his best with Holmgren, and after the walrus left no other HC really had control over him.

11 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Without a doubt.

Huh?  Montana was amazing at KC despite coming off a near career ending injury.  Peyton, Elway and Marino played in the same system their entire career.  If anything Brady has had far more wrinkles in the Pats offense than Peyton or Elway. Going from a run first team to a deep passing attack to a 2te set back to a slant heavy offense and now they're back to having the best deep attack in the game.

6 hours ago, Hael said:

Huh?  Montana was amazing at KC despite coming off a near career ending injury.  Peyton, Elway and Marino played in the same system their entire career.  If anything Brady has had far more wrinkles in the Pats offense than Peyton or Elway. Going from a run first team to a deep passing attack to a 2te set back to a slant heavy offense and now they're back to having the best deep attack in the game.

ok.

16 hours ago, rangerous said:

A light went on for the O when that old perv came here?  They scored more than 30 5 times.  In those games the D scored 3 TDs, they had 10 INTs and 8 fumbles recovered.    At least one of those games came after "his arm went south"  It's hard to tell exactly when he was injured since that narrative didn't really start getting traction until after the season when Mangini got in trouble for not listing him on the injury report.  He never got any treatment and came back and threw for 4,000+ 33/7 for the Vikings the next year. **** him and the pickup he rode in on. 

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

A light went on for the O when that old perv came here?  They scored more than 30 5 times.  In those games the D scored 3 TDs, they had 10 INTs and 8 fumbles recovered.    At least one of those games came after "his arm went south"  It's hard to tell exactly when he was injured since that narrative didn't really start getting traction until after the season when Mangini got in trouble for not listing him on the injury report.  He never got any treatment and came back and threw for 4,000+ 33/7 for the Vikings the next year. **** him and the pickup he rode in on. 

i can't tell but it seems like you didn't like favre at qb.  i'd say the light did come on since they scored over 30 in five games.  favre had to be the major reason since the team was largely unchanged.

Archived