HC of the NYJ on 3rd Straight Win

Gas2No99

27 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Honest and excellent interview.....

Bowles sounds very very relaxed......

Let's Go Jets!!!

He was relaxed last year too....  im not buying in yet.  He does not yet, IMO, possess qualities of top coaches.  If we beat the PATS, move in that direction but I dont see him as a HC in 3 years.

45 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I refuse to listen this or any other press conference involving Todd Bowles until the Jets finally accomplish something like making the playoffs. 

Wow, that's really taking a stand. You should make a billboard with that slogan to really teach the jets brass a lesson. 

6 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Wow, that's really taking a stand. You should make a billboard with that slogan to really teach the jets brass a lesson. 

So you like Todd Bowles and agree with the way he coaches and his decision to start a 38 year old QB on a rebuilding team. 

I guess so McCown is deserving but I'm quite sure Petty or another QB could have beaten the teams we did. Ride the wave I guess. Go Jets! 

I mean maybe the could have maybe not obviously we will never know. We are already out of contention for the number one pick so we might as well try to enjoy the season and win some more game with our best players and try to make a playoff push.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

2 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

I mean maybe the could have maybe not obviously we will never know. We are already out of contention for the number one pick so we might as well try to enjoy the season and win some more game with our best players and try to make a playoff push.

Similar to the 2015 season when we had Fitzpatrick we played the weakest schedule in the league won some games but missed the playoffs and here we are 3 years later possibly in the same scenario. 

Similar to the 2015 season when we had Fitzpatrick we played the weakest schedule in the league won some games but missed the playoffs and here we are 3 years later possibly in the same scenario. 

So every year that we could potentially make the playoffs we should throw in a young qb and hope he is better than our older one who is on a winning streak?

8 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

So every year that we could potentially make the playoffs we should throw in a young qb and hope he is better than our older one who is on a winning streak?

The Jets have a 1.3 percent chance of making the playoffs. Josh McCown has a 100% chance of not being the long term answer at QB. It’s counterproductive to keep trotting him out there. Time to give Petty and Hack the snaps and see what’s what. 

I'm happy to see my team win, and the naysayers proven wrong - this shows a team that is working as a team, and believing in each other rather than in the press clippings (like last year's team seemed to do).

That said, I'm keeping my expectations very grounded ... I still expect the road ahead to be much more brutal, but if the players and coaches can keep it together under adversity that will be a good sign for the future, win or lose. I'm not even thinking playoffs at all right now, it's only week 6, but this year is yet another of those unpredictable Any Given Sunday years. I'm hoping for a win on Sunday, especially as it's the Patsies, regardless of playoffs / draft slot implications. Go Jets!

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Honest and excellent interview.....

Bowles sounds very very relaxed......

Let's Go Jets!!!

Not for nothing Charlie but I'm running for NFL Commissioner and I expect your support and vote. ?

it says bowles is self serving.. it says he's far more interested in padding his resume, than finding out if the kids can, or can not play..

His number one priority should be to drag the team through the dirt and lose his job so we can see if an unproven kid can somehow become a stud when they couldn't all off-season?

24 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

His number one priority should be to drag the team through the dirt and lose his job so we can see if an unproven kid can somehow become a stud when they couldn't all off-season?

Ummm thank you.......

Someone had to say it....

Oh and I am a Petty supporter....:) 

50 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

if ownership/management/head coach were on the same page, wins & loses wouldn't have been the main focus this season.. finding out if we need to draft a QB in the 1st round would have been..

bowles' continued employment here should have been based on his team playing balls to the wall football every game, regardless of the record.. that should have been how it was determined if he keeps his job.. shooting for 6 - 10 with a 38 year old JAG QB is ass backward.. 

BTW, petty outplayed mccown in the preseason.. he earned the right to be the week one starter.. the 3 man competition was an absolute sham..

if ownership/management/head coach were on the same page, wins & loses wouldn't have been the main focus this season.. finding out if we need to draft a QB in the 1st round would have been..
bowles' continued employment here should have been based on his team playing balls to the wall football every game, regardless of the record.. that should have been how it was determined if he keeps his job.. shooting for 6 - 10 with a 38 year old JAG QB is ass backward.. 
BTW, petty outplayed mccown in the preseason.. he earned the right to be the week one starter.. the 3 man competition was an absolute sham..

The fact that mccown is playing should tell you that we need to draft a qb next year or find one in free agency

30 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

The fact that mccown is playing should tell you that we need to draft a qb next year or find one in free agency

all it tells me is bowles is looking out for number one.. 

& hey, i get it.. we all gotta eat.. but you're choosing to ignore bowles is playing mccown for no other reason aside from he believes it benefits his career, not the jets future going forward.. zero sum game..

all it tells me is bowles is looking out for number one.. 
& hey, i get it.. we all gotta eat.. but you're choosing to ignore bowles is playing mccown for no other reason aside from he believes it benefits his career, not the jets future going forward.. zero sum game..

We are a winning team right now if we make the playoffs it benefits is going forward. Should bb bench Brady because Brady is old as dirt and they are taking experience away from garappalo who may or may not be their future?

16 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

I guess so McCown is deserving but I'm quite sure Petty or another QB could have beaten the teams we did. Ride the wave I guess. Go Jets! 

not so sure about that and i'm not a fan of mccown.  what mccown does is bring some good decision making to the mix.  sure petty can throw the ball deep but how could he ever get it to the receiver behind an oline that only give a couple of seconds to throw? maybe they have a schedule for when to bring petty and/or hack in.  it might be based on win/loss, and it might not.  and, of course, this all goes back to neither qb winning the competition outright in training camp.

17 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

So you like Todd Bowles and agree with the way he coaches and his decision to start a 38 year old QB on a rebuilding team. 

not necessarily 4 starting mccown from day one but i can't argue with their record or the way the team is playing.  people gotta start giving bowles some credit for keeping this team moving forward.

1 hour ago, jetgreen13 said:

SPOT ON!!! Developing the young players and assessing over the course of a full season what we have at QB in Petty and Hackenberg should have been the primary goals of the team in 2017, not to potentially squeak out a few extra wins with a journeyman QB at the helm.

When the Jets finish with enough wins to miss out on the top tier QB's in the 2018 draft, I am going to want to hear from all the folks here who are creaming in their pants about these meaningless wins against equally crappy teams and ask them once again if the wins were worth it. 

This is all leading to the inevitable signing of the next free agent retread journeyman stiff QB who will be leading our team to another season of mediocrity in 2018. Can't wait!!!

1 hour ago, ChuckkieB said:

SPOT ON!!! Developing the young players and assessing over the course of a full season what we have at QB in Petty and Hackenberg should have been the primary goals of the team in 2017, not to potentially squeak out a few extra wins with a journeyman QB at the helm.

When the Jets finish with enough wins to miss out on the top tier QB's in the 2018 draft, I am going to want to hear from all the folks here who are creaming in their pants about these meaningless wins against equally crappy teams and ask them once again if the wins were worth it. 

This is all leading to the inevitable signing of the next free agent retread journeyman stiff QB who will be leading our team to another season of mediocrity in 2018. Can't wait!!!

you raised very good point.. why is so widely assumed by so many here, starting petty & potentially giving hackenberg a look as well would have been epic fail.. should mccown be in the early running for offensive MVP?? should we offer him an extension before he hits the open market at season's end?? LOLz maybe i'm missing something!?

The first part of the season was the easier part of the schedule. Aside from the Bills and Fish they have some tough games coming up. I'm not surprised at their record so far. Now we'll see what they are made of and unfortunately the young guns if they get opportunity, it will be with some tough competition. I think Petty would have done as well as McCown in these games if not better. Although McCown has some good numbers. We still don't know what the Jets really have in Hack and Petty.They might see a couple games this year and most people will judge their future as NFL QB's on a couple games. Not a fair assessment IMO.

22 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

Todd Bowles on the Jets 3rd straight win

Jets Head Coach Todd Bowles joins the guys to talk about the team's win over the Browns and how it feels to be proving so many people wrong

Link to Radio Interview: Click here if you like FishedSticks.

You're losing me Coach B the Browns are now 0-5. It wasn't a blowout and was closer than it ever should have been. Make it four in a row after beating the Pats and that is a different story.  

6 hours ago, jetgreen13 said:

okay, so you want to start your potential future qb behind a sieve of an oline and with receivers who are just learning their routes?  believe me i'd rather see hack or petty getting some starts but i see the value in developing the rest of the team before throwing the key player to the wolves.  it's not the same as when sanchez came in.  that team had a really good oline and was only really missing a wr or 2 on offense. i don't see where bowles is sacrificing building this team at the expense of wins.  it seems to me they're going hand in hand at this point. and i don't think the season should be all about gaining a favorable draft position.

2 hours ago, jetgreen13 said:

you raised very good point.. why is so widely assumed by so many here, starting petty & potentially giving hackenberg a look as well would have been epic fail.. should mccown be in the early running for offensive MVP?? should we offer him an extension before he hits the open market at season's end?? LOLz maybe i'm missing something!?

i think everyone is on board with the idea that the jets need to get their qb situation settled for next season.  some go so far as to encourage a tank and not win a game.  but does that really help the team's development?  if mac want to draft one of the top qb prospects this next draft he'll do it.  he'll either package current and future draft picks or players.  and imo the jet players will be far more desirable as trading pieces if this team does well.  and then there's the whole coaching aspect.  many are completely disatisfied with bowles regardless.  maybe it's the way he where's his hat.  but in reality the surest way to getting a successful team is to have a coaching staff that can get the job done.  players comes and go.  players get injured but the coaching staff that gets the team ready to play and gets them play for the whole 60 minutes are the ones will ultimately be successful.  motivation is extremely important and thus far bowles has kept this team motivated.  the wins help too.

Archived