Gas2No99

HC of the NYJ on 3rd Straight Win

1 hour ago, ChuckkieB said:

SPOT ON!!! Developing the young players and assessing over the course of a full season what we have at QB in Petty and Hackenberg should have been the primary goals of the team in 2017, not to potentially squeak out a few extra wins with a journeyman QB at the helm.

When the Jets finish with enough wins to miss out on the top tier QB's in the 2018 draft, I am going to want to hear from all the folks here who are creaming in their pants about these meaningless wins against equally crappy teams and ask them once again if the wins were worth it. 

This is all leading to the inevitable signing of the next free agent retread journeyman stiff QB who will be leading our team to another season of mediocrity in 2018. Can't wait!!!

you raised very good point.. why is so widely assumed by so many here, starting petty & potentially giving hackenberg a look as well would have been epic fail.. should mccown be in the early running for offensive MVP?? should we offer him an extension before he hits the open market at season's end?? LOLz maybe i'm missing something!?

Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.

The first part of the season was the easier part of the schedule. Aside from the Bills and Fish they have some tough games coming up. I'm not surprised at their record so far. Now we'll see what they are made of and unfortunately the young guns if they get opportunity, it will be with some tough competition. I think Petty would have done as well as McCown in these games if not better. Although McCown has some good numbers. We still don't know what the Jets really have in Hack and Petty.They might see a couple games this year and most people will judge their future as NFL QB's on a couple games. Not a fair assessment IMO.

22 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

Todd Bowles on the Jets 3rd straight win

Jets Head Coach Todd Bowles joins the guys to talk about the team's win over the Browns and how it feels to be proving so many people wrong

Link to Radio Interview: Click here if you like FishedSticks.

You're losing me Coach B the Browns are now 0-5. It wasn't a blowout and was closer than it ever should have been. Make it four in a row after beating the Pats and that is a different story.  

6 hours ago, jetgreen13 said:

if ownership/management/head coach were on the same page, wins & loses wouldn't have been the main focus this season.. finding out if we need to draft a QB in the 1st round would have been..

bowles' continued employment here should have been based on his team playing balls to the wall football every game, regardless of the record.. that should have been how it was determined if he keeps his job.. shooting for 6 - 10 with a 38 year old JAG QB is ass backward.. 

BTW, petty outplayed mccown in the preseason.. he earned the right to be the week one starter.. the 3 man competition was an absolute sham..

okay, so you want to start your potential future qb behind a sieve of an oline and with receivers who are just learning their routes?  believe me i'd rather see hack or petty getting some starts but i see the value in developing the rest of the team before throwing the key player to the wolves.  it's not the same as when sanchez came in.  that team had a really good oline and was only really missing a wr or 2 on offense. i don't see where bowles is sacrificing building this team at the expense of wins.  it seems to me they're going hand in hand at this point. and i don't think the season should be all about gaining a favorable draft position.

2 hours ago, jetgreen13 said:

you raised very good point.. why is so widely assumed by so many here, starting petty & potentially giving hackenberg a look as well would have been epic fail.. should mccown be in the early running for offensive MVP?? should we offer him an extension before he hits the open market at season's end?? LOLz maybe i'm missing something!?

i think everyone is on board with the idea that the jets need to get their qb situation settled for next season.  some go so far as to encourage a tank and not win a game.  but does that really help the team's development?  if mac want to draft one of the top qb prospects this next draft he'll do it.  he'll either package current and future draft picks or players.  and imo the jet players will be far more desirable as trading pieces if this team does well.  and then there's the whole coaching aspect.  many are completely disatisfied with bowles regardless.  maybe it's the way he where's his hat.  but in reality the surest way to getting a successful team is to have a coaching staff that can get the job done.  players comes and go.  players get injured but the coaching staff that gets the team ready to play and gets them play for the whole 60 minutes are the ones will ultimately be successful.  motivation is extremely important and thus far bowles has kept this team motivated.  the wins help too.

47 minutes ago, rangerous said:

okay, so you want to start your potential future qb behind a sieve of an oline and with receivers who are just learning their routes?  believe me i'd rather see hack or petty getting some starts but i see the value in developing the rest of the team before throwing the key player to the wolves.  it's not the same as when sanchez came in.  that team had a really good oline and was only really missing a wr or 2 on offense. i don't see where bowles is sacrificing building this team at the expense of wins.  it seems to me they're going hand in hand at this point. and i don't think the season should be all about gaining a favorable draft position.

two things:

the OL pass protection has been better than advertised going into the season.. mccown has not been under siege.. he just has not been..

that & i don't believe for a nanosecond, bowles is not starting petty, because he's looking out for his well being.. just for clarification, do you??

26 minutes ago, jetgreen13 said:

two things:

the OL pass protection has been better than advertised going into the season.. mccown has not been under siege.. he just has not been..

that & i don't believe for a nanosecond, bowles is not starting petty, because he's looking out for his well being.. just for clarification, do you??

what i said stands.  but one thing that should be pointed out is petty holds onto the ball too long.  bowles is not looking out for petty's well being by not starting him but he is looking out for the team's health. yes the oline is playing better than they were given credit for but they still don't block long enough for petty to deliver the ball reliably.  thus far mccown has been making some pretty darn good decisions with his throws.

27 minutes ago, rangerous said:

what i said stands.  but one thing that should be pointed out is petty holds onto the ball too long.  bowles is not looking out for petty's well being by not starting him but he is looking out for the team's health. yes the oline is playing better than they were given credit for but they still don't block long enough for petty to deliver the ball reliably.  thus far mccown has been making some pretty darn good decisions with his throws.

& how do you think that will work in the jets favor in '18??

10 hours ago, jetgreen13 said:

& how do you think that will work in the jets favor in '18??

because the receivers will learn their routes and hopefully petty and hack are paying attention to how the plays are being executed.  did you ever once think mccown could be a 70% passer? the best fitz had was about 60% and sanchez was a little under 60%.  this is all about going to the right guy for the situation.  the only receiver i see having trouble at the moment is anderson because he's many a deep threat.  but it also makes him better because now he has to learn how to run his routes.

again, i would rather see petty or hack starting but those don't help the rest of the team as much as mccown does at the moment.

19 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

The fact that mccown is playing should tell you that we need to draft a qb next year or find one in free agency

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

Undubededly! Well stated. Mac can blow that mentor nonsense out his butt. Mac and McCowan could have just costs us the opportunity to draft a top rated QB.  SMH. 🤦🏼‍♂️ And this is no replay of 2015 when Fitz went cuckoo for coconuts putting up ridiculous numbers.  Fitzgerald was a total fail safe back up that was never supposed to see the light of day. McCowan will win just enough games 5-6 to sabatoge any chance of landing a high pick.  He was, unlike Fitz, hand picked by Mac (for reasons I still can't figure out and never will) to be the starter.  What a joke - and the joke's on us all. 🤡