NYG Wheels Are Coming Off

KRL

That didn't take long, hysterical:

Paul Schwartz@NYPost_Schwartz  19 minutes ago

Ben McAdoo said Giants have suspended Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie.

Paul Schwartz@NYPost_Schwartz  18 minutes ago

McAdoo said he spoke with DRC yesterday. DRC came in today, decided
to leave. Now suspended.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While the suspension doesn't sound good, looking at the article, that's not even the worst of it:

According to Mike Francesa, the bolting follows a fight Sunday in the Giants’ loss to the Chargers. On WFAN, Francesa said Rodgers-Cromartie took off his pads at halftime and declared he was done playing. Another Giant challenged him, leading to a fight.

I think we are all too familiar with how this goes.  If the team is falling apart this badly and turning on each other, it might be a bit of a blessing in disguise that both Marshall and Beckham are on IR.  If McAdoo wants any shot of regaining control of the locker room this year, those two would not have helped in the least.

7 minutes ago, jbt said:

the giants even tank way better than us.

Which is sad , they do what is supposed to be done , take a season off with the two best players in college football being qbs.This sh*t pisses me off  beyond belief. And they don't need a qb like us they have Eli 

8 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

While the suspension doesn't sound good, looking at the article, that's not even the worst of it:

I think we are all too familiar with how this goes.  If the team is falling apart this badly and turning on each other, it might be a bit of a blessing in disguise that both Marshall and Beckham are on IR.  If McAdoo wants any shot of regaining control of the locker room this year, those two would not have helped in the least.

Yes, that is even worse

This whole Giant thing gives credence to never signing high priced / highly rated, supposed star FA's, and just going with solid players and younger talent. It is what NE has done for over a decade and has been proven to work. This Giants stuff is the same crap that went on here last year with Revis, Marshall, Richardson et al.

I said in August that I was looking forward to watching our young unproven team go out and play. We may not win again this season but you will hear no whining, fighting or crybaby BS except possibly from the HC (he whines when he talks regularly LOL), but even he seems to have either matured a bit or regained control of this team minus the cancer that was eradicated.

6 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Good god, McAdoo is horrendous as a HC. Why are they waiting to fire him, do it now and get it over with. He's destroyed that team so fast it's embarrassing. 

I say injuries killed that team and gm for not having running backs

So great the Giants will draft Rosen, or Darnold, fire McAdoo, hire Shurmur as HC, and us Jets fans will have to watch another 15 years of the Giants having a home grown franchise stud thriving in a great offense winning a couple of Super Bowls along the way, sounds about right.

When the Giants implode like this it always seems to be for the best, and is a blessing unreal.

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

But why did that moron Idzik not give DRC a 10 year 100 mill contract??!?!?!?!

That was before the 2014 season.  I think DRC has performed fairly well for his money and there isn't much left of his guarantee.  I would rather have had him walk off the field mid-season for what that salary than have Dmitri Patterson walk off the field in the 2nd half of a preseason game for $3M even if it wasn't all guaranteed.

9 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

So great the Giants will draft Rosen, or Darnold, fire McAdoo, hire Shurmur as HC, and us Jets fans will have to watch another 15 years of the Giants having a home grown franchise stud thriving in a great offense winning a couple of Super Bowls along the way, sounds about right.

When the Giants implode like this it always seems to be for the best, and is a blessing unreal.

the giants won both of those SBs b/c of the defense.  The QB has been a decent starter in this league that is very durable but he's nothing special. he has won playoff games in exactly TWO postseasons, he has never won a playoff game where his D allowed more than 20 points and this year will be the 7th time in 9 years the Giants have missed the playoffs w/ him. we have the same # of playoff apps and playoff wins in the same span.

Floyd Reese blew this here, but he tried.  It is just remarkable  that they can go from SB contender to top 3-5 draft pick so quickly.  

Reese's failure to build an OL killed this team.   The Giants should trade whomever they can and move forward with the tank.

14 minutes ago, varjet said:

Floyd Reese blew this here, but he tried.  It is just remarkable  that they can go from SB contender to top 3-5 draft pick so quickly.  

Reese's failure to build an OL killed this team.   The Giants should trade whomever they can and move forward with the tank.

Floyd Reese?  You mean Jerry? Not sure when they were a super bowl contender.  They caught fire in 2011, but even that year they scored less points than their opponents.  Last year was the first time they made the playoffs since and they got run out of Lambeau pretty quick.  Their Oline has sucked for ages.  They supposedly were having Brandon Albert in.  

7 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Anyone know the inside scoop? What exactly happened

DRC was benched.  I hear he took his pads off and stormed off.  Fought with McAdoo and an assistant.  They suspended him for a game.  He says he will be back tomorrow, but I don't know what the Giants think of that. 

19 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

0-5 happened

Yup, when a team is told by the media that they are super bowl contenders even though they have no O line, no running game, a head case as your best player, an aging QB and ONLY a very solid defense (but not top 1 or 2), you have a recipe for disaster.

It's not unlike what happened to Bowles. Had unexpected good year in first year (easy schedule). Everyone thinks the team is better than they really are. Schedule gets tougher and you get a trainwreck of a season. 

I still think the Giants will find a way to win a few games. They aren't talent-less. And losing Odell is addition by subtraction in my opinion.   

3 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

The Giants 0-5, the players pulling a mutiny, and the QB being roasted in the media. Wow this usually happens to the Jets. Its kind of refreshing isn't it? The shoe is on the other foot Giants Fans how does it fit?

Giants fans are in hiding. Take notice when you go out to Home Depot or the grocery store no one has any Giants gear on. 

Archived