Sign in to follow this  
KRL

NYG Wheels Are Coming Off

Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
22 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

That was before the 2014 season.  I think DRC has performed fairly well for his money and there isn't much left of his guarantee.  I would rather have had him walk off the field mid-season for what that salary than have Dmitri Patterson walk off the field in the 2nd half of a preseason game for $3M even if it wasn't all guaranteed.

Think it was only $1m, since he never made it to the opening day roster.

Don't you feel better now? I know I do.

3 hours ago, nyjunc said:

Sanchez is basically Eli w/o the team helping him.  their early careers were very similar, the biggest difference was that NYG kept acquiring talent around Eli to help him while we went into year 3 w/ 3of his top 5 weapons that would be out of football a year later and year 4 w/ Chaz Schilens and Stephen Hill as top weapons.  Eli obviously has had the better career but he's missed 7 of the last 9 postseasons in a weak division, in SB winning years w/ SB talent he could only lead NYG to 10 and 9 wins.  Eli is vastly overrated.  he's a solid starter that you can win w/ if you have a ton of talent around him, he's not a guy that turns around a franchise.

Why isn't Sanchez playing then. Conspiracy?

5 hours ago, section314 said:

With one major difference........Eli had two chances to win a conference championship game and go to the Super Bowl, and cashed in both times. Sanchez spit the bit both times. 

the 2nd SB wasn't early in Eli's career, the first was and the D set up the GW FG in that game in GB and held GB's O down to where it was close late.  Our D was given a double digit lead and was smoked in the 2nd half by one of the greatest choking QBs of all time.

Sanchez played well in both title games, our D's failed to show in each.

On 10/11/2017 at 3:56 PM, #27TheDominator said:

Floyd Reese?  You mean Jerry? Not sure when they were a super bowl contender.  They caught fire in 2011, but even that year they scored less points than their opponents.  Last year was the first time they made the playoffs since and they got run out of Lambeau pretty quick.  Their Oline has sucked for ages.  They supposedly were having Brandon Albert in.  

DRC was benched.  I hear he took his pads off and stormed off.  Fought with McAdoo and an assistant.  They suspended him for a game.  He says he will be back tomorrow, but I don't know what the Giants think of that. 

drc shouldn't be suspended.  he should be cut.

13 hours ago, nyjunc said:

if Eli's D's didn't carry him to 2 titles he'd be backup somewhere too.

This is so true! The Giants defense held the Patriots to 14 f*cking points! Any QB wins that game without turning the ball over. Plus, it involved one of the luckiest heaves & helmet catches in the history of the NFL. 

8 minutes ago, Jetster said:

This is so true! The Giants defense held the Patriots to 14 f*cking points! Any QB wins that game without turning the ball over. Plus, it involved one of the luckiest heaves & helmet catches in the history of the NFL. 

I don't want to take away all credit from Eli.  he played well during those 2 runs(just like sanchez did for us) BUT his D's stepped up big time along w/ his STs.  creating TOs, holding high powered O's down and giving them a chance.  they held the greatest O of all time to 14 pts, 4 years later held another all time great O to 19 pts and scored 2 points.  Eli had to lead his O to 17 and 19 points to win 2 SBs.  In SB history the only other teams to win scoring less than 20 pts are the '68 Jets, '70 Colts, '72 dolphins and '74 Steelers.  he's led the league in INTs THREE times, he's led NYG to missing the playoffs 7 of 9 years, w/ SB talent in 2007 and 2011 he led his team to 10 and 9 wins and yet people want to talk about the Hall of Fame w/ this guy?  seriously?

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

I don't want to take away all credit from Eli.  he played well during those 2 runs(just like sanchez did for us) BUT his D's stepped up big time along w/ his STs.  creating TOs, holding high powered O's down and giving them a chance.  they held the greatest O of all time to 14 pts, 4 years later held another all time great O to 19 pts and scored 2 points.  Eli had to lead his O to 17 and 19 points to win 2 SBs.  In SB history the only other teams to win scoring less than 20 pts are the '68 Jets, '70 Colts, '72 dolphins and '74 Steelers.  he's led the league in INTs THREE times, he's led NYG to missing the playoffs 7 of 9 years, w/ SB talent in 2007 and 2011 he led his team to 10 and 9 wins and yet people want to talk about the Hall of Fame w/ this guy?  seriously?

Eli isn't hall of fame worthy for the reasons you stated but he isn't in the same league as Sanchez. You are delusional when it comes to Sanchez. Where is he now again? 

1 minute ago, Fibonacci said:

Eli isn't hall of fame worthy for the reasons you stated but he isn't in the same league as Sanchez. You are delusional when it comes to Sanchez. Where is he now again? 

I didn't bring up sanchez, someone else did but Mark and Eli are similar. One had the support of an organization, the other did not. if you switch their circumstances they'd have had opposite careers.

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

I didn't bring up sanchez, someone else did but Mark and Eli are similar. One had the support of an organization, the other did not. if you switch their circumstances they'd have had opposite careers.

You claim Giants defense carried Eli to Superbowls. Somewhat true for 2007 but not for 2011. In 2011 Giants defense ranked last in regular season. Eli carried them to the Playoffs. He had 8 4th quarter comebacks that year. So please stop putting him in the same league as Sanchez. You know football very well but your obsession with Snachez takes away from your credibility. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/comeback.cgi?player=MannEl00

1 hour ago, Fibonacci said:

You claim Giants defense carried Eli to Superbowls. Somewhat true for 2007 but not for 2011. In 2011 Giants defense ranked last in regular season. Eli carried them to the Playoffs. He had 8 4th quarter comebacks that year. So please stop putting him in the same league as Sanchez. You know football very well but your obsession with Snachez takes away from your credibility. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/comeback.cgi?player=MannEl00

REGULAR SEASON.  In the PLAYOFFS and SUPER BOWL(where it mattered most) they were GREAT.  that was probably Eli's best full season and again I said he played well in both SB runs(meaning in the playoffs) but his D/STs were outstanding.  They shut down high powered O's like GB and NE.  In the 2011 title game Eli led the Giants to 10 pts in the 2nd half and OT- all 10 pts were set up by TOs forced by STs setting NYG up deep in SF territory.  Eli contributed but both of those teams were led by their defenses just like our teams in 2009 and 2010.  the difference is their D played great throughout, ours played great until the title games.