RESNewYork

is it time to talk extension

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

Lol on the players being better. You don't have to pick one.

So we are on the same page. They will both be back but neither has earned anything at this point. So more data is needed.

Players are definitely better than a lot of people expected, there’s no question about that.

More data is definitely needed.

Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
4 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Players are definitely better than a lot of people expected, there’s no question about that.

This will be fun to necro when we lose 9 of our next 11 and you're writing columns calling for Bowles to be publicly executed

45 minutes ago, AFJF said:

More data is definitely needed.

I agree. This staff has done a great job of coaching them up. :)

Just kidding. I never thought they were going to be as bad as predicted. The upside for this team is 8 wins. That will be tough in order to get there petty would have to take over and take this offense up a notch.

2 hours ago, Maxman said:

Led a team with a terrible roster to several unexpected wins. 

Oh you mean when he lead a decent roster to missing the playofs? Beating three terrible teams isn’t “unexpected” wins. They won those games in spite of him wasting timeouts and not making in game adjustments. He’s a bad coach. Macc is a bad GM. We’ve both been around long enough to call spades what they are. 

19 hours ago, RESNewYork said:

for Mike Maccagnan and Todd Bowles. I believe they are both signed till the end of the 2018 season.

Every thread is tank vs winning but personally, I wanted the team to do enough this season to get an extension for both. Whatever that win total was. I think it's very important for the Jets success to have continuity. Feel it would be a big mistake for the youth to grow, make their mistakes this season, gain the experience, and then ask them to learn a new system next season. 

I am not delusional in thinking this is a talented roster, but there is young talent with potential. With a treasure trove of cap space, and an extra 2nd rounder, Mac can add additional young talent. Mac has also purged the roster of the Idzik/Ryan players who probably didn't fit the culture Bowles and Mac were trying to create.

Plenty of Bowles haters but 1 thing he has proven is he can win games with sub par QB play. Also feel like it may have been difficult to change the culture in the locker room after taking over for the ultimate player's coach in Rex Ryan. Saying Rex ran a loose ship is an understatement. He's a good coach. Feel he is only going to ascend and I doubt there is going to be a coach available that is better.

End the carousel. Extend them. 

is it time to talk extension for Mike Maccagnan and Todd Bowles.. "  ?...

tumblr_nay4xtNMCv1tfbtrwo1_400.gif

:ahhh:

I'm willing to extend Macc, two years max.  He can always be fired at any point with only a fiscal impact.

I'm not willing to extend Bowles, he should be replaced, he is not a good NFL Head Coach.

I'd rather see Macc hire his own head Coach, who works for Macc (not directly for the Owner as currently), to both bring in a better Coach, and to restore proper working order in the organization.

1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Oh you mean when he lead a decent roster to missing the playofs? Beating three terrible teams isn’t “unexpected” wins. They won those games in spite of him wasting timeouts and not making in game adjustments. He’s a bad coach. Macc is a bad GM. We’ve both been around long enough to call spades what they are. 

Stop with this stuff about beating terrible teams. The Jags are 3-2 and have beaten the Ravens, Steelers, and Texans by wide margins, the Dolfags are still 2-2 despite Cutler. You make it seem like other teams don't win against mediocre to bad teams. Every week is a crap shoot in the NFL with the parity. How many real contenders are there? Everybody else is in the mediocre category and on any given Sunday any team can win. 

14 hours ago, Maxman said:

A coaches job is simply to win games. You alluded to it but if the owner, or the owners brother, wants to intervene and have a convo about playing kids and developing talent that is fine. But otherwise any coach is going to going to try and win as many games as possible, end of story.

I understand, but how do games get won? Winning is probably strongly correlated with coaching up the players those other 5 or 6 days a week and in camp.  Unless you have a team of vet starters development is absolutely necessary and it's why we never go anywhere. We've all noted the lack of young talent at one time or another over the last few, well seemingly forever. Having said that I understand the black and white reality of wins and losses and that being the bottom line since that's what most people see.