Sign in to follow this  
AFJF

Would you be happy with Bridgewater next season?

88 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be happy with Bridgewater next season?

Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
50 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

McCown is old, we are going to need a vet and acquiring someone like him wouldn't stop us from drafting someone.  think Seattle when they got Flynn, did it stop them from drafting Wilson? or Chicago this year w/ Glennon and Trubisky.  w/ that injury compensation wouldn't be too high and he was on his way to becoming a good NFL QB. 

Could argue it encouraged them to draft Wilson. Led to them staying away from a QB in the middle of round 1 (Weeden), or trading a bunch of picks to move up to #7 for Tannehill, or forcing the issue a round earlier for Osweiller. Likewise, despite that one game, Flynn wasn't nearly enough of a sure thing to wait until rounds 5-7 for his competition. Just how it works out sometimes.

9 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Happy with signing Bridgewater as a set starting QB?  No.

Okay with signing Bridgewater, in addition to still drafting a QB in exactly the same manner as if he hadn't been signed?  Sure.

438fbc53e025206758a178d668bb01c7.gif

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

that has worked out pretty well throughout our history.

So has free agency.  I'll bet you loved Neil O'Donnell. 

Oh, and btw, f*ck off with your opinions about futbol. 

52 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.  Bridgewater was injured before Bradford even got to the team and still hasn't been medically cleared, so the idea of having "lost" anything is a pure fabrication.  By your logic, has Bradford lost his job to Case Keenum?

Bradford is team captain now , he's the starter what is hard to comprehend , he took the job from bridgewater , when bridgewater comes back and Sam Bradford healthy the starter is Bradford . No Bradford didn't lose it to Keemun , Sam is better than him.

19 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

On the cheap, I'd be fine with it. Although I'd still want to take a QB in the draft.

I like this idea.  

I think the Jets should be looking to draft a QB.  They could go the Wentz route, the Carr route, the Cousins route or the Brady route, but they should keep looking to draft a QB until they get one.  Statistically, those teams are more likely to be successful-those that draft and develop their own QBs.

But until they do, they should sign capable FA QBs who can hold the fort.  That could be Bridgewater, Alex Smith.  I don't know what happens to Garopollo-the Osweiler approach (pay a back up QB alot of money) does not look good.  Cousins could be an option that changes the dynamic.

However, if the Jets were to pretend that Cousins was their franchise QB and signed him, that could be the most effective and fastest way to make the Jets competitive, starting next year.

Minnesota also paid Kyle Sloter near the veteran minimum to steal him from Denver and put him on their practice squad. I believe they offered him $20K per week instead of the normal $7K.

Loved sloter coming out last year and he had an excellent pre-season, definitely a developmental guy to watch once they let go of Bradford or Teddy.

2 hours ago, Maddog45 said:

If we sign a guy who lost his job to Sam ****in Bradford I'm done . It would be the SAME OL JETS move , I mean we have a 2-22 record qb at the helm

In an ability competition Bradford wins against most starters in the league...except the most important ability. 

Seems as though the Vikings didn't consider that...with either QB

55 minutes ago, varjet said:

I like this idea.  

I think the Jets should be looking to draft a QB.  They could go the Wentz route, the Carr route, the Cousins route or the Brady route, but they should keep looking to draft a QB until they get one.  Statistically, those teams are more likely to be successful-those that draft and develop their own QBs.

But until they do, they should sign capable FA QBs who can hold the fort.  That could be Bridgewater, Alex Smith.  I don't know what happens to Garopollo-the Osweiler approach (pay a back up QB alot of money) does not look good.  Cousins could be an option that changes the dynamic.

However, if the Jets were to pretend that Cousins was their franchise QB and signed him, that could be the most effective and fastest way to make the Jets competitive, starting next year.

If you sign Cousins, then you are committing to him as your QB for the foreseeable future. Signing Bridgewater or Alex Smith means you can still draft a QB, should the opportunity arise to get one that you like.

3 hours ago, nyjunc said:

McCown is old, we are going to need a vet and acquiring someone like him wouldn't stop us from drafting someone.  think Seattle when they got Flynn, did it stop them from drafting Wilson? or Chicago this year w/ Glennon and Trubisky.  w/ that injury compensation wouldn't be too high and he was on his way to becoming a good NFL QB. 

exactly, I would consider him for the right price as a veteran insurance option to compete with Petty/Hack and a Rookie QB but I wouldn't rely on him as the guy

3 hours ago, RoadFan said:

@nyjunc inspiring the best in JetNation since 2006!

I think all of you guys are off base about what these guys are going to cost.  They aren't getting cheap-o deals.  These are QBs that have potential.  Bridgewater has the injury, but Alex Smith is going to cost.  He is killing it over there.  

Teddy Bridgewater is damaged goods and he's lucky to be walking. He will be like a time bomb here waiting to get injured again I cannot see our foreseeable future with the mess we've been in since Joe Namath left being fixed Teddy Bridgewater. NO WAY IN HELL 

Teddy Bridgewater is damaged goods and he's lucky to be walking. He will be like a time bomb here waiting to get injured again I cannot see our foreseeable future with the mess we've been in since Joe Namath left being fixed Teddy Bridgewater. NO WAY IN HELL 

I would say hell no to Pre-injury Bridgewater.

At his peak, despite playing with AP, he was a bottom third QB.  

If we can't upgrade that position better than that, then I give up.

5 hours ago, Warfish said:

242538.jpg

10048922.jpg?size=640x420

St+Louis+Rams+v+New+York+Jets+NnNY-GOCQ4

Signing big name FA QB's has clearly always worked out well.

so acquiring a guy who has played 2 seasons is the same as over the hill vets like Boomer and Favre? any way you can find a QB you explore that option until you have one.

oh and the greatest season by a QB in Jets history came from a FA- Vinny Testaverde. 

4 hours ago, RoadFan said:

So has free agency.  I'll bet you loved Neil O'Donnell. 

it's soccer and it sucks.  thanks for your input though.

7 hours ago, AFJF said:

Pass. We need to do our own thing through the draft.

IMO, Petty is the default starter going forward until Hack or another draft pick can knock him off. Keep playing king of the hill with our own guys until one guy stays the distance.