Would you be happy with Bridgewater next season?

AFJF

Would you be happy with Bridgewater next season?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be happy with Bridgewater next season?

Initial response is yes, considering I wanted him in the draft before I had ever heard of the slugger (now forgotten)

but expectations are higher with this QB draft so I would be disappointed if the jets signed Teddy and did not draft one of the top 5-6 QB's

I would be fine with a double down - Bridgewater starts next season while the rookie earns his chance after a great pre-season

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, August said:

If Bridgewater checks out physically then why wouldn't they want to keep him? He's younger than Bradford and has more upside as well. 

They declined his fifth-year option so he may as well test FA at this point.

No. Always seemed like a nice guy, but overrated as ****. That injury is a nightmare waiting to happen again. 

Also, we're referring to a player with 2 years of playing time who will not have played in an additional 2 years as a 'vet'. Getting a little loosey goosey with our vocabulary here. 

On 10/13/2017 at 9:55 AM, Warfish said:

Alex Smith is (currently) a leader for league MVP. 

Why is everyone presuming the Chiefs will be so quick to let him walk?  Did I miss a news item where they said "he sucks, we can't wait to play the kid, so start making room for a 25 mil/year contract for Smith other teams!"

Bridgewater is a total risk.  Had two very average (for a QB) seasons, then a massive non-contact injury of the kind that may forever infringe upon the type of QB he was.  He'll still cost alot more than a draft pick, will expect to start right away, and isn't necessarily a good fit for a West Coast offensive system we now run. 

And he hasn't taken an NFL snap since 2015 (it'll be 2018 before he takes another snap that counts).  Why take on all that cost and baggage?  

Draft a QB.  Best we can get in our slot (no trade ups).  Play Hack (or Petty) for a full year.  Build the overall talent around the QB position. 

If none of them work after a few years each, rinse, repeat.  There are no quick fixes at QB in the NFL.  If you CAN get a guy, there is a good reason why.

Alex Smith very well may be the league MVP but if KC loses at home w/o winning a playoff game then he is done in KC.   KC probably has to make it to the AFC Championship game to consider keeping Smith.   

my first choice would be Cousins, but I would take Bridgewater as a consolation prize.  The Jets with 3 picks in the first 2 rounds, returning Enunwa (hopefully), is a QB away from being competitive.   Yes, I know competitive isn't the same as dominant but there really are no dominant teams right now and KC is probably the best team in the NFL with Alex Smith as QB.   Rapistburger, Brady, Brees, Ryan, Winston, Wilson - all above average teams but not dominant this year.   You put Cousins on the Jets next year and they are immediately competing for the  AFC East.   

15 hours ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

depends on the contract, I think he is at the end of his rookie deal

15 hours ago, AFJF said:

They declined his fifth-year option so he may as well test FA at this point.

They can bring him back on the cheap

8 minutes ago, August said:

They can bring him back on the cheap

Right, but other teams can also make offers if he hits FA and nobody is sure what Minnesota will do with Bradford on board.

Archived