Jets waive Jalin Marshall

JetsFanatic

2 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Really surprised by that, but love that Coleman got the call.  Liked what I saw of him in college after the Jets signed him.

For the sake of Marshall's career and good health, I hope someone was trying to steal Coleman off our practice squad and the jets had to sacrifice Marshall to keep Coleman .

9 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Wow. Surprise. I thought Bowles liked him. But why cut him now? Seems out of the blue. Is there a rule that you're not allowed to cut a player during their suspension?

No, since he was recently activated and served his 4 game suspension already.

13 minutes ago, K Clue said:

No, since he was recently activated and served his 4 game suspension already.

I know he was already activated, I was just wondering if they weren't allowed to do that during his suspension. Seems weird that they activate him, and then waive him before the next game. Like, what have they seen from just a few days of practice out of him to waive? Was he out of shape like @Jetster thought? What could they have possibly learned in this short time that they didn't already know? Perhaps it's just a matter of them wanting Coleman on the roster more than anything, and Marshall just happened to be the odd man out.

1 minute ago, RESNewYork said:

Wouldn't it be more likely Marshall goes through waivers on a Saturday and then stashed on the PS. 

What is more important is Xavier Coleman is progressing and is now on the active roster. 

Yep. The PS is probably the perfect place for him.

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

Very surprised by this, like everyone else has stated. Wonder if he came back out of shape? 

Exactly what I was thinking.   He showed up in poor fitness. 

Also possible he did something off the field we don't know about yet during the suspension.

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

So the Patriots would have signed him tonight and had him uniform on the field tomorrow? 

I think I have this correct. Jets waived him this afternoon. I’m pretty sure waiver claims are awarded 4:00pm the following day. So even if Pats claim him Marshall won’t be awarded to a claiming team until 4:00pm tomorrow. So it won’t be in time for tomorrow’s game.  

JMO. Roberts and Burris are coming off injuries. Roberts is a hammy and we all know those can be tweaked pretty easily. Williams was waived earlier in the week. So Coleman provides CB depth. 

The move was done today to try and “sneak” Marshall through waivers. If he clears they can resign him next week or sign him to the PS. JMO. 

Archived