Thoughts

UnitedWhofans

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

My thoughts are we drafted a strong safety over a franchise QB because the coach thinks he can build a perfect defense.

Pretty much. The braintrust thinks winning games 17-10 with zero margin of error is cool, 35-10 not so much.The forward pass is EVIL. 

1 hour ago, jetscrazey said:

McCown needs to stop the weekly dumb turnover.  That's probably why he hasn't been able to stick around on any team.

Also, it seems to that there were too many timeouts for a veteran QB. Critical mistake in a close game. 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

DeShaun Watson another big day leading the Texans to a win........I wanted Watson at 6 

I absolutely hated Watson (for the record, I did like Mahomes but I felt like 6 was too early with Adams on the board) but it's certainly not the first time I'll have been wrong on a QB.  In retrospect I'd probably have taken the more sure thing w/ Watson even though Mahomes seems like he might be really been fun to watch.

Just now, joewilly12 said:

DeShaun Watson another big day leading the Texans to a win........I wanted Watson at 6 

Looks a lot like Maccagnan talked himself out of picking a QB like  a  Watson and went hunting for reasons to pick a safety like Adams. Watson is big and strong, high character, winner, only issue was accuracy. That doesn't appear to be any issue at all. Sure he will have bumps in the road, but right now he looks like a special player. And QB is far and away the moat impactful position.

Instead we picked a position that has minimal impact on the outcome of games. If there's no pass rush, you can have the greatest DBs in the NFL and it doesn't matter. The play is gonna break down and the good QB is gonna find a receiver. 

There is a scared risk averse mindset in place at Florham Park. 

Just now, Bugg said:

Looks a lot like Maccagnan talked himself out of picking a QB like  a  Watson and went hunting for reasons to pick a safety like Adams. Watson is big and strong, high character, winner, only issue was accuracy. That doesn't appear to be any issue at all. Sure he will have bumps in the road, but right now he looks like a special player. And QB is far and away the moat impactful position.

Instead we picked a position that has minimal impact on the outcome of games. If there's no pass rush, you can have the greatest DBs in the NFL and it doesn't matter. The play is gonna break down and the good QB is gonna find a receiver. 

and arm strength.

1 minute ago, Bugg said:

Again I would not make that deduction until at least two years down the line. 

Also doesn’t help that Watsn couldn’t beat NE either 

4 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Pretty much. Hackenberg doesnt dress. Petty doesnt play. Both receivers who were drafted cant get onto the field. No edge rusher. Leonard Williams looks more JAG than difference maker. There just isnt any young talent to build around here. I mean the offense funneled through Matt Forte, Kerley and Kearse today with a 38 year old QB. What the hell are we doing here?

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Pretty much. Hackenberg doesnt dress. Petty doesnt play. Both receivers who were drafted cant get onto the field. No edge rusher. Leonard Williams looks more JAG than difference maker. There just isnt any young talent to build around here. I mean the offense funneled through Matt Forte, Kerley and Kearse today with a 38 year old QB. What the hell are we doing here?

Then how are we 3-3? If we have nothing, how do we have 3 wins?

1 hour ago, RevisIsland610 said:

31/47 for 350 yards 2/2 is not that bad considering he was running for his life on many plays and that we just cant run the ball. I'm neutral on McCown, some good some bad. No other QB on this team including Petty would be able to perform any better. 

But what's the point of playing him.  We know he's not the long term answer and this is not a Superbowl contending team.  Why not just put the young guys in there and let's see what (if anything) we have. 

See it’s the problem with Jets fans in that instead of being excited for the possibilities of what they possess, they look at other neighbors yards and see toys and sigh.

Seriously some people have said that the Browns who SUCK are better off. That’s dumb and I don’t think Browns fans would agree with you

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

But what's the point of playing him.  We know he's not the long term answer and this is not a Superbowl contending team.  Why not just put the young guys in there and let's see what (if anything) we have. 

For the simple fact that he probably gives them the best chance to win. This is not a playoff team but they do compete and were an overturned called away from possibly being 4-2. 

So I'm supposed to NOT want the Jets to be in position to draft Darnold? 

So you want to be the Cleveland Browns who lose year after year and have no up years at all.

Because by using that response, that is what you are saying. 

And if you are saying that, wow.

I have no words

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

So you want to be the Cleveland Browns who lose year after year and have no up years at all.

I have no words

Losing teams have a better chance of finding a FQB.  And we all know that the league is heavily QB-based.  Brady, Ben and Peyton were the AFC Superbowl QB for like 14 of the last 15 years.  This is not by accident.

Losing teams have a better chance of finding a FQB.  And we all know that the league is heavily QB-based.  Brady, Ben and Peyton were the AFC Superbowl QB for like 14 of the last 15 years.  This is not by accident.

So if all the other teams lost how come no one else found a QB? 

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I have no words

Truth is wee are already are some kind of sad mashup of the browns and the buccaneers. Slightly better than the browns and slightly worse than bucs. Playing the mccowns and the Fitzs of the world as nauseam and trying to win with defense. 

Archived