Thoughts

UnitedWhofans

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

1. Not many people will like this but too bad. Moral victory for the Jets today complete with an apparent screwing by the refs. Young team make mistakes that you can’t do against New England. They’ll learn.

2. Jamal Adams got taken to school today. Learn from it and get better.

3. Josh McCown did enough to keep starting him and enough to know that the Jets need to draft a QB next year.

4. Patriots beat the worst team in the NFL by 7 points and needed the refs help to do it. Not good for them

except the jets are definitely not the worst team in the nfl

3 hours ago, Bugg said:

The point of playing a 38-year old journeyman in the habit of making a bad INT or taking a sack at the worst possible time or wasting timeouts each game is....?

They literally did everything they could to get Hack to take the job.  He's still 3rd string.  And, they've completely given up on Petty.  McCown is the best QB on the roster, by a lot.  The good news is we got Jamal Adams instead of Deshaun Watson, so no big deal.

2 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Oh no no. You said we have no young talent. Since most of the roster is young, that means we have very little. So by that standard, we should be 0-6. And we’re not. So bullsh*t to that excuse

Do you work hard to be this obtuse, or does it come naturally?

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Cam Newton, Matt Stafford, Matt Ryan.  That's 7 in the last 10 years.  And who knows if Trubisky will be legit too.  Oh and Eli too.

So basically in the last (I think) 13 years, below are some of the top pick QBs.  That's possibly 9 legit QBs in 13 years.  

Proven:

-Matt Ryan

-Matt Stafford

-Andrew Luck

-Eli Manning

-Cam Newton

Young and promising:

-Carson Wentz

-Jared Goff

-Jameis Winston

-Marcus Mariota

And we don't know yet about Trubisky but the early returns look promising

13 hours ago, RESNewYork said:

the schedule is always a weak excuse. 

I find this whole "weak schedule" topic especially interesting in the context of who we drafted / didn't draft.

Now, before i proceed, I think Watson has played much better than expected, and if he keeps it up could be (another) "one who go away". But let's review:

Houston - 3-3 - wins vs Cin, Cle, Ten; losses to Jax, NE, KC

Jets - 3-3 - wins vs Jax, Mia, Cle; losses to Buf, Oak, NE

Not all that dissimilar ... but we're 3-3 due to our cream-puff schedule, and Houston are 3-3 because they drafted Watson. Sorry, but I don't by that argument - if our schedule has been "cream puff", so has theirs.

Too many people use schedule to knock down the Jets and conveniently ignore it for all the other teams we compare ourselves to.

5 minutes ago, jamesr said:

I find this whole "weak schedule" topic especially interesting in the context of who we drafted / didn't draft.

Now, before i proceed, I think Watson has played much better than expected, and if he keeps it up could be (another) "one who go away". But let's review:

Not all that dissimilar ... but we're 3-3 due to our cream-puff schedule, and Houston are 3-3 because they drafted Watson. Sorry, but I don't by that argument - if our schedule has been "cream puff", so has theirs.

Too many people use schedule to knock down the Jets and conveniently ignore it for all the other teams we compare ourselves to.

Agree. We win because the team we played sucks so no credit is due for getting a victory. 

Just now, RESNewYork said:

Agree. We win because the team we played sucks so no credit is due for getting a victory. 

Unless you have a rookie QB that the Jets passed on ... then it was all on the QB, no mention of the opponent. :rolleyes:

15 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

1. Not many people will like this but too bad. Moral victory for the Jets today complete with an apparent screwing by the refs. Young team make mistakes that you can’t do against New England. They’ll learn.

2. Jamal Adams got taken to school today. Learn from it and get better.

3. Josh McCown did enough to keep starting him and enough to know that the Jets need to draft a QB next year.

4. Patriots beat the worst team in the NFL by 7 points and needed the refs help to do it. Not good for them

Browns are by far the worst team in the nfl but I see what you are getting at

3 minutes ago, jamesr said:

Unless you have a rookie QB that the Jets passed on ... then it was all on the QB, no mention of the opponent. :rolleyes:

I was a Watson fan. Was. But hey we passed and took Adams and was happy draft night. I don't know how much of a slam dunk he was since he was the 3rd  QB taken that night. Just like Prescott, just like Russel, it happens. Good for Watson playing well but I could care less now since he's not a Jet and will never be one. 

1 hour ago, jamesr said:

While its all well and good to go by the (deceptive) motto "a win is a win," the reality behind our team is that they are 3-3 despite being -21 in net points. Houston meanwhile has +30 net points. This is a pretty simple way to evaluate the team, but its worth noting in our case. The truth is that Houston, at 3-3, has been quite a bit better than the Jets on both sides of the ball.

9 hours ago, BrickTamland said:

While its all well and good to go by the (deceptive) motto "a win is a win," the reality behind our team is that they are 3-3 despite being -21 in net points. Houston meanwhile has +30 net points. This is a pretty simple way to evaluate the team, but its worth noting in our case. The truth is that Houston, at 3-3, has been quite a bit better than the Jets on both sides of the ball.

It helps when your team scores 57 points in one game , skews the numbers in your argument.

Archived