Should the Jets File a Protest?

Warfish

Topic title says it all.  Today was IMO the worst and most lopsided officiating I've ever had the displeasure to witness.  From picked up flags, to phantom calls, to the criminal nature of the "no, not a TD, it's a turnover, lol!" play, there is no chance that the outcome of today's game was fair.  

Not saying we'd have won, the team has much to apologize for today.  A major opportunity was blown.

But that does NOT change that the officiating, at multiple key moments, made massive game-altering shifts via exceptionally questionable or outright fraudulent calls, that had a material outcome on the result.

I hope this franchise at least has the balls to call a bag of dogsh*t what it is, and file a formal protest with the league.  We all know they won't win....but ffs sake, stand UP for your players and fans, because both got unwelcome anal intercourse today from these Refs.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If Jenkins was standing up and fumbled the ball at the six inch line and the ball rolled out of bounds in the end zone, it’d be a touchback. It appears as though that’s what happened, except instead of standing up, he was lying on top of the ball.

Irrefutable LOL

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

If Jenkins was standing up and fumbled the ball at the six inch line and the ball rolled out of bounds in the end zone, it’d be a touchback. It appears as though that’s what happened, except instead of standing up, he was lying on top of the ball.

Except it was fumbled at the one inch line in bounds knee not out of bounds and recovered conclusively 1 inch after the goal line while his knee was out of bounds. 

All of this with no goal line camera but an angled view.  

I just got off the phone with Roger Goodell take note Robert Kraft answered his cell phone and I heard someone choking, when Roger finally did come to the phone he was continually clearing his throat. 

The officiating in the NFL sucks and it especially sucked today NE vs the Jets 

1 minute ago, freestater said:

I would hate to think what I would do if I saw Tony Corrente at a bar anytime soon...

It wasn't his call, to be honest ... it goes to NFL Central so that "they" can make the "right" call.

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

It was admittedly a close play.  But I have no idea how they think they saw enough evidence to overturn that call.

That's my issue. Did the ball come loose? Absolutely. Was it loose as he hit the pylon? No evidence at all. Call on the field should stand.

20 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Bullsh*t. He lost possesion for a split second but had control of ball as he hit pylon. An absolutely bullsh*t call to overturn a TD that was called on field. 

6 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

The thing I find most difficult to believe is that people are surprised by this kind of thing. As if the league hasn't been like this for over a decade.

i'll tell you, after seeing that play certainly moves me into the rigged games scenario.  add that to helmet to helmet non call on anderson to the pass interference call on adams against gronkowski. i'm surprised they called the two pick plays. 

6 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

It was admittedly a close play.  But I have no idea how they think they saw enough evidence to overturn that call.

6 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I cant think of a worse over turn ever. There could be one but I don't recall . 

Because we are expected to grab our ankles for the NFL. 

25 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

but is there indisputable video proof ? 

That is the biggest question. The call on the field was TD. It should not have been reversed

4 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

That's the rub for sure. What did they see that was irrefutable? 

that's the problem here.  the call on the field was a td, and no angle showed the evidence they needed to see, but they did it anyway, kinda like convicting someone of a felony on circumstantial evidence.  and throw in the pats first td that was only b/c of the PI penalty, and you have an aging brady who increasingly needs officiating help to win games and the nfl is all to happy to provide it.  that's the message this call sends to the rest of the nfl, they'll do what's required to help them.  how do you think fans of the steelers/broncos/ravens/texans feel about this call, it hurts the entire afc.

There are occassions that the nfl comes out and apologizee for plays like todats td/to.  They will come out and support the call because of the perceived bias for the Pats.  Imo

However, yes a form complaint is warranted.  

Just now, hawk said:

There are occassions that the nfl comes out and apologizee for plays like todats td/to.  They will come out and support the call because of the perceived bias for the Pats.  Imo

However, yes a form complaint is warranted.  

they can't admit they blew the call, it makes them look way worse.

Archived