Blandino and Pereria weigh in

AFJF

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I expect the rule to be changed to "any player recovering the ball outside of the original ball carrier after this year".  One thing to move the ball back to the 20 another to call that a ******* turn over.  Honestly, will be the worst call of the year and def as mind boggling of a call i have ever seen in football.  

6 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Wow it must be really expensive with your impressive W2s and all.

Lol, it’s funny how you keep harping on that, but don’t realize it was a response to someone criticizing my spelling on a Jets message board, and not anything more.

16 minutes ago, AFJF said:

How is there no offensive PI call on Gronk for pushing Adams and then covering his face/grabbing him in a headlock while he’s tracking the ball?

Because Gronk is a cover boy people watch and he is allowed to hold and then push off to make a catch for the highlight shows

So are they saying that if you cross the plane or hit a pylon and you don't have 100% possession of the ball then it's a touchback. Any amount of bobbling is considered a turnover. If so not that many Tds. I just saw Engram catch a Td pass for the Giants that could have had a little bounce to it when he crossed. They didn't even bother looking at it. 

If the refs had somehow stupidly called that play as a fumble through the end zone on the field MAYBE you uphold it, but to make that call on review, there is literally NO evidence he fumbled the ball over the goal zone and in addition CLEARLY regained control. MAYBE he is down at like half yard line but even that is impossible to call. They simply intentionally screwed the Jets there, no other possibility.

1 minute ago, johnnysd said:

If the refs had somehow stupidly called that play as a fumble through the end zone on the field MAYBE you uphold it, but to make that call on review, there is literally NO evidence he fumbled the ball over the goal zone and in addition CLEARLY regained control. MAYBE he is down at like half yard line but even that is impossible to call. They simply intentionally screwed the Jets there, no other possibility.

Incompetence. 

3 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

No. They never ever ever ever make that call if it is Gronk doing that. Ever. It is the most suspicious call I have ever seen

This is the first time I've ever agreed with you on anything! When Gronk does his stupid stuff when scoring he either one hands it or something else. Does he have 100% control of the ball. He doesn't! But they always give him that six. If not Kraft would be all over them.

2 hours ago, AFJF said:

While the ASJ "review" was egregious, the call that really changed the momentum of the game was the retracted personal foul penalty when Anderson was hit in the head.   The refs threw the flag, Anderson was clearly hit in the head, and the refs then picked up the flag.   Rather than a punt that would have put the Jets in scoring position up 14-0.   Kind of big deal that no one is really talking about b/c the ASJ play.    

10 minutes ago, LionelRichie said:

While the ASJ "review" was egregious, the call that really changed the momentum of the game was the retracted personal foul penalty when Anderson was hit in the head.   The refs threw the flag, Anderson was clearly hit in the head, and the refs then picked up the flag.   Rather than a punt that would have put the Jets in scoring position up 14-0.   Kind of big deal that no one is really talking about b/c the ASJ play.    

Yes I have mentioned that. That was another huge Pats only BS call. Watching this game I honestly felt the discussion went something like this:

Side judge: I got unnecesary roughness on NE

Umpire: Ya I saw that...but it will put the Jets in scoring position. They are already down 14

Side judge: Yeah they are not looking too good today,,,,home office wants a game in foxboro. Just pick it up

Umpire: yeah, we'll throw them a couple defensive holding penalties when it wont matter so much. Besides, my envelope from Mr Kraft might be smaller if we let this stand.

1 hour ago, NoBowles said:

Lol, it’s funny how you keep harping on that, but don’t realize it was a response to someone criticizing my spelling on a Jets message board, and not anything more.

I have mentioned it twice. You emailed me 50 times last time you were banned.

Looks like you are the harp player here.

32 minutes ago, LionelRichie said:

They reversed both of those calls- it simply never would've been reversed if the penalties were against the Jets.  

Archived