Jets still in playoff hunt

kevinc855

9 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Or

OMG WE WON SEVEN GAMES, WE'RE RIGHT ON THE CUSP OF A SUPER BOWL. LET'S GO OUT AND GET US A GREAT QB TO GO WITH THIS 7-9 TEAM. MUST BE ONE AROUND HERE SOMEWHERE. AS THEY USED TO SAY IN MY OLD NEIGHBORHOOD BACK IN BROOKLYN, I'M WALKINNN HERE!

Dear Kirk Cousins,

WE WON SEVEN GAMES, WE'RE RIGHT ON THE CUSP OF A SUPER BOWL. AS THEY USED TO SAY IN MY OLD NEIGHBORHOOD BACK IN EAST RUTHERFORD, YOU LIKE THAT?

10 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Or

OMG WE WON SEVEN GAMES, WE'RE RIGHT ON THE CUSP OF A SUPER BOWL. LET'S GO OUT AND GET US A GREAT QB TO GO WITH THIS 7-9 TEAM. MUST BE ONE AROUND HERE SOMEWHERE. AS THEY USED TO SAY IN MY OLD NEIGHBORHOOD BACK IN BROOKLYN, I'M WALKINNN HERE!

If this team can win seven games then, according to how bad some think this team is, we already have a great QB and just need to extend him another year.

4 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

If this team can win seven games then, according to how bad some think this team is, we already have a great QB and just need to extend him another year.

Listen to the rump shaker! He makes sense! :lol:

B8EUF5.gif

This is looking like a 6-10 to 8-8 team.

Playoffs?  Were we watching the same game?  Jets o-line is mediocre at best and they can't get any consistent push in the running game.  Brandon Shell is good for 1-2 killer sacks per game.  McCown isn't good enough to do it himself and is averaging 1 dumb killer turnover per game.  On defense, there's still no pass rush and the run D looks shaky with both Williams and Wilkerson looking like ghosts.  I do like the secondary though, as well as the play of Davis and Lee.  But a playoff team this is not.

On 10/16/2017 at 10:49 AM, JetFaninMI said:

Next 4 games are at Dolphins, Falcons and Bills at home and at Bucs. Realistically I see them going 1-3 or at best 2-2. Miami is traditionally a tough place to win and they will be looking for some payback. This is the one where we see exactly what this team is made of. If they show no ill effects from yesterdays loss and come out like they did against the Pats I may think differently. If they come out flat then look out because the wheels just may come off. I will judge all other games based on their performance in this one. I see them beating the Bills at home but other than that its hard to predict. After the bye however I see one winnable game and thats the Chargers. So 5-11 or 6-10 is where I see them ending up. Maybe they get a surprise win late in the season but I am skeptical. We can only see what plays out but realistically this is where we are at. It is what it is.

just thinking about this and the game on sunday. imagine if the jets did win and were sitting at 4-2 right now.  they could easily be 6-4 at the break and would probably need 4 of the final 6 to get into the playoffs.  not that i think they will or even get close but it does show how close this team is to being a contender. 

21 minutes ago, rangerous said:

just thinking about this and the game on sunday. imagine if the jets did win and were sitting at 4-2 right now.  they could easily be 6-4 at the break and would probably need 4 of the final 6 to get into the playoffs.  not that i think they will or even get close but it does show how close this team is to being a contender. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dV8eT0zqP5s

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

Amazing isn't it? One bad call or one bad bounce of the ball or one tipped pass can have so much influence on a season. That's the frustrating part of all this. Maybe they come out of this playing hard or they could backslide. Just because of a botched call and the whole season totters on the teams reaction to it come game time. I think the vets need to step up for the kids this time. Guys like Mo and Leo gotta come up big against the Fins Sunday. This game is big for the psyche of this team. If they could show no ill effects from a loss such as the one they suffered Sunday it will go a long way towards changing my outlook on the rest of this season's games.

26 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Amazing isn't it? One bad call or one bad bounce of the ball or one tipped pass can have so much influence on a season. That's the frustrating part of all this. Maybe they come out of this playing hard or they could backslide. Just because of a botched call and the whole season totters on the teams reaction to it come game time. I think the vets need to step up for the kids this time. Guys like Mo and Leo gotta come up big against the Fins Sunday. This game is big for the psyche of this team. If they could show no ill effects from a loss such as the one they suffered Sunday it will go a long way towards changing my outlook on the rest of this season's games.

totally agree.  even when you look at last season, if they had a better turnover ratio they probably would've won 2 or 3 more games.  but i digress. the doltfin game is huge because it will show how resilient this team is.  they should win.  the doltfins just aren't that good.

Every team has issues and it's so even this year.

The range at the moment is so wide we could do anything from winning only another 1-2 games to still being in the hunt going into the last round.

Usually find in November though that the serious teams begin to move up a gear in execution, our fate will be linked to if we are able to do the same.

10 minutes ago, The Walrus said:

Every team has issues and it's so even this year.

The range at the moment is so wide we could do anything from winning only another 1-2 games to still being in the hunt going into the last round.

Usually find in November though that the serious teams begin to move up a gear in execution, our fate will be linked to if we are able to do the same.

It's a situation full of blubber right now, Mr. Walrus.

On 10/18/2017 at 12:34 AM, jetscrazey said:

This is looking like a 6-10 to 8-8 team.

Playoffs?  Were we watching the same game?  Jets o-line is mediocre at best and they can't get any consistent push in the running game.  Brandon Shell is good for 1-2 killer sacks per game.  McCown isn't good enough to do it himself and is averaging 1 dumb killer turnover per game.  On defense, there's still no pass rush and the run D looks shaky with both Williams and Wilkerson looking like ghosts.  I do like the secondary though, as well as the play of Davis and Lee.  But a playoff team this is not.

The Jets are nowhere near a playoff team.  I cannot believe that anyone believes this.  The Jets max out at 5 wins (if they beat the Dolphins and Bills) but more likely will finish with 4 wins. This is a bad team people.  Don't let the 3-3 record and watered down competition fool you.  And keep in mind, things will only get worse once the brain trust finally gives up on the season and gives Petty some starts. Petty against some of those teams we face down the stretch will be brutal.  4-12 and picking 5th in the 2018 draft.  That's my prediction.

Archived