The Board Just Got Very Funny

KRL

Last week the "pro tank crew" was in full voice about how awful it was that the team
was winning.  And how we were doomed to mediocrity unless we put a full effort into losing
games and getting the highest pick possible.  But now after a frustrating loss to NE those
very same people (who will go nameless) are in an uproar on how/why we lost the game.  So
do you want the team to lose or not???  I'm confused  

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, KRL said:

Last week the "pro tank crew" was in full voice about how awful it was that the team
was winning.  And how we were doomed to mediocrity unless we put a full effort into losing
games and getting the highest pick possible.  But now after a frustrating loss to NE those
very same people (who will go nameless) are in an uproar on how/why we lost the game.  So

Not ALL of US were in on the tank. 

Jets are the same mediocre team whether they win that game or not. They are definitely playing hard for the most part, but it just puts in display how much different a game like yesterday would be if they had a real qb, a real #1 wr, and a running game where the runner doesn't get initial contact 5 yards behind the los every short down. 

Just now, Jets Voice of Reason said:

Jets are the same mediocre team whether they win that game or not. They are definitely playing hard for the most part, but it just puts in display how much different a game like yesterday would be if they had a real qb, a real #1 wr, and a running game where the runner doesn't get initial contact 5 yards behind the los every short down. 

The Jets not having longterm solutions at the most important positions is a bit of an issue. Claiborne, as a bandaid has been nice I guess.

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The Jets not having longterm solutions at the most important positions is a bit of an issue. Claiborne, as a bandaid has been nice I guess.

Jets are just the ultimate hipster organization. We literally tried to set nfl offenses back 50 years ignoring the tight end position in a modern nfl offense until asj. Our most creative offense solution to get a spark is to take a DE and convert him to fullback and motion Stewart into a running play. At least the wildcat is finally dead here. 

6 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

THIS.  This game would have had a different outcome if the Jets had better players at the skill positions on offense.  Too many holes on the team at key positions 3 years into Mac's tenure = bad job.

Just now, ChuckkieB said:

THIS.  This game would have had a different outcome if the Jets had better players at the skill positions on offense.  Too many holes on the team at key positions 3 years into Mac's tenure = bad job.

The skill position players are fine, IF the god damn QB could make simple short throws on 4th, and short, stop under throwing easy TD passes deep, AND stop missing the wide open WR's for TD's multiple times a game like yesterday the Jets score about 30 points yesterday, the play calling has been very good, the scheme has been very good, yes it would be nice if the O-line could get a push on plays where everyone knows it's a run on 3rd, and short, but other then that everything else falls on the QB's limitations plain, and simple.  Kearney, Anderson, ASJ, and Kerley are more then enough weapons, and IF teams had to respect the QB's ability to hit the open WR deep that would open up big holes for the running game it's a trickle down affect.

3 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

The skill position players are fine, IF the god damn QB could make simple short throws on 4th, and short, stop under throwing easy TD passes deep, AND stop missing the wide open WR's for TD's multiple times a game like yesterday the Jets score about 30 points yesterday, the play calling has been very good, the scheme has been very good, yes it would be nice if the O-line could get a push on plays where everyone knows it's a run on 3rd, and short, but other then that everything else falls on the QB's limitations plain, and simple.  Kearney, Anderson, ASJ, and Kerley are more then enough weapons, and IF teams had to respect the QB's ability to hit the open WR deep that would open up big holes for the running game it's a trickle down affect.

QB is obviously the most important skill position, and we agree that they are NOT fine there.  And I would argue that Kearse, Kerley, Anderson, and Jenkins are NOT "more than enough weapons."  Not too many teams in the league with a worse receiving squad than we have IMO. 

8 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Agree, we are surprisingly better offensively minus the 38 yr old rookie qb. Late throw to Anderson down sideline should have been a TD, if McCown could lead his WR (Petty probably overthrows Anderson at worst). The entire time we were up by 14 points McCown looked like a complete rookie. Then 3rd quarter he is burning timeouts, lol. Anderson is not the strongest guy, but thats not his game, you have to have a QB that can throw the ball ahead of his receivers. He missed a wide open Stewart at least 2 times, Stewart was raising his arms, waiving his hands lol.. Then the last possession he misses Cadet (I think) wide open to launch a ball down field and no one is there, Cadet would have gotten the first down.

This is partly why i am so frustrated that we aren't even trying to see if Petty can play. I said it before half time, the Pats would tie and then take the lead on the first possession of 3rd quarter. Once they got up there was a snowballs chance in hell we could come from behind to win. 

2 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

QB is obviously the most important skill position, and we agree that they are NOT fine there.  And I would argue that Kearse, Kerley, Anderson, and Jenkins are NOT "more than enough weapons."  Not too many teams in the league with a worse receiving squad than we have IMO. 

We get it. You hate Mac. The WRs are enough. ASJ is good. McGuire can play. It’s the QB. Mccown is keeping this team at a stand still with his average play. 

19 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

Jets are just the ultimate hipster organization. We literally tried to set nfl offenses back 50 years ignoring the tight end position in a modern nfl offense until asj. Our most creative offense solution to get a spark is to take a DE and convert him to fullback and motion Stewart into a running play. At least the wildcat is finally dead here. 

Wait till we let ASJ walk next year and sign a sixth round blocking tight end to take his place from a small school we hear about for the very first time that night. 

10 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Wait till we let ASJ walk next year and sign a sixth round blocking tight end to take his place from a small school we hear about for the very first time that night. 

John Butterfield from the Culinary Institute of Florida draft this beast!

38 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

We get it. You hate Mac. The WRs are enough. ASJ is good. McGuire can play. It’s the QB. Mccown is keeping this team at a stand still with his average play. 

He's had about 20 carries for 40 yards the last two games.

It was exciting to have the lead against the Pats.

But the reality is the Pats can put up points almost at will. Especially when they need to most. And with those horrendous calls going in their favor, the Pars are not done being the league darling just yet.

Meanwhile our team needs "a play dead bilal! play" or an implosion by the opposing team in order for us to win. 

The exciting news is that I just learned that the Colts have two wins already. And the Giants finally got their first win. And the Niners have come close a few times and are bound two win a couple. Maybe they can make it to three wins. The Browns are all kinds of horrendous but I think even they will win one or two.(they really stink though)

In other words, the fat lady has not yet sung on the Rosen/Darnold/best qb sweepstakes! 

The Dolphins winning next weekend would really kill the "jets are actually kind of good" thinking and put the dolphins into a place where they get more and more comfortable with their stinking qb situation. Sorry Jets, it's for the best-- Go Fish.

1 hour ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

Agreed. I NEVER complained about losing if we had young players, playing hard for a coach.  The "players coach" crap of REX wore thin and then we had Richardson, Mo, Holmes , Revis all diverting the attention to themselves and or not trying.  THAT is what bothers me.

Yesterday aside, the bullship calls, at least the team is trying.  1 WR and a better QB and this could be a 10-11 win team.

tanking hasn't seemed to help the Browns and many other teams. Its management.

1 minute ago, southparkcpa said:

Agreed. I NEVER complained about losing if we had young players, playing hard for a coach.  The "players coach" crap of REX wore thin and then we had Richardson, Mo, Holmes , Revis all diverting the attention to themselves and or not trying.  THAT is what bothers me.

Yesterday aside, the bullship calls, at least the team is trying.  1 WR and a better QB and this could be a 10-11 win team.

tanking hasn't seemed to help the Browns and many other teams. Its management.

We're playing a 38 year old QB!

1 hour ago, Obrien2Toon said:

Still not upset we lost, but that call was so blatantly bad, it got under my skin a little

Happy they played well though

This is how I feel too.  Except it got under my skin alot, mostly because of the opponent and a desire for fairness. The wins the Jets are putting together are worthless, big picture.  But that call got under virtually every Jet fan's skin, tank crowd or not.

Stick to your "this guy flashed...and that guy flashed" reports, KRL.  Questioning loyalty is not your forte.

1 hour ago, KRL said:

it's the patsies.  they bring out the best.  if there are 4 games i want to see the jets win they are the two patsie games and the two doltfin games.  after that everything is gravy.

1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:

Disagree play calling. How many 3rd and 1's did we miss? How many runs into the middle of the LOS on first down for 1 yard were called after taking a 14-0 lead? I agree play calling is better than last year but still way too conservative a times and that has Mr. Bowles signature on it all day.

17 minutes ago, BrickTamland said:

It was exciting to have the lead against the Pats.

But the reality is the Pats can put up points almost at will. Especially when they need to most. And with those horrendous calls going in their favor, the Pars are not done being the league darling just yet.

Meanwhile our team needs "a play dead bilal! play" or an implosion by the opposing team in order for us to win. 

The exciting news is that I just learned that the Colts have two wins already. And the Giants finally got their first win. And the Niners have come close a few times and are bound two win a couple. Maybe they can make it to three wins. The Browns are all kinds of horrendous but I think even they will win one or two.(they really stink though)

In other words, the fat lady has not yet sung on the Rosen/Darnold/best qb sweepstakes! 

The Dolphins winning next weekend would really kill the "jets are actually kind of good" thinking and put the dolphins into a place where they get more and more comfortable with their stinking qb situation. Sorry Jets, it's for the best-- Go Fish.

If I was moderator that would be grounds for a banning.

Culture of Losing (tm) seems to be a popular idea amongst some.

Losing begets losing and continued decline.  Competitiveness begets improvement.

People want an easy button.  There is no easy button in the NFL. 

Sam Darnold will not turn this team into a "20 year" 12 win a year team like some seem to think.  If only it were that easy.

Fans should reject the culture of losing IMO. 

It IS better to be mediocre (i.e. 8-8) and try to build on that than perennially be 2-12 and praying THIS year the draft will save us/be the miracle/etc.

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Culture of Losing (tm) seems to be a popular idea amongst some.

Losing begets losing and continued decline.  Competitiveness begets improvement.

People want an easy button.  There is no easy button in the NFL. 

Sam Darnold will not turn this team into a "20 year" 12 win a year team like some seem to think.  If only it were that easy.

Fans should reject the culture of losing IMO. 

It IS better to be mediocre (i.e. 8-8) and try to build on that than perennially be 2-12 and praying THIS year the draft will save us/be the miracle/etc.

Step 1. Get franchise QB

Step 2. Get consistent Edge rusher

Step 3. Get #1 wideout

Step4. Buy playoff tickets

Its not that we haven't done ALL of those it's the fact we have done NONE of them.

Archived